• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aizen's Bankai

Dat Dot said:
I mean manipulating the five senses is doesn't make any sense, since you know.. Reikaku exist.
Yea that is a bit odd but it's shown he can also manipulate that sense aswell so ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Dat Dot said:
I mean manipulating the five senses is doesn't make any sense, since you know.. Reikaku exist.
Was it ever actually stated to be only the 5 senses? Because every scan i remember just said "Manipulates the senses" or something along those lines

It never said "Only" but Aizen does say in his fight against the captains it can control all 5 senses and lead to people to hallucinate all sorts of things.

I'm pretty sure the explanation for his Shikai is that it allows him to control the five senses. Yama explains this as well since he is confident he cannot be mistaken about the spiritual energy of Aizen's zanpakuto in his stomach.

Right but that's becasue it's in his stomach and to dispel the illusion you need to touch the blade. Aizen kinda helped him out there hehehe.

But it most definetly controls the sense of SP. This is Aizen we're talking about. It's not like his and Momos SP is comparable in the slightest. There's no point in controling the 5 senses if they could tell who you are based on spiritual energy, unless he can manipulate ones perception of it too.

Yeah, but Yama didn't know that touching the sword dispelled the illusion. He just thought that he couldn't be decieved on the spiritual pressure of the sword.

The answer to why nobody else used their sense of SP is because maybe it isn't too reliable in close-combat or because it isn't always on and they didn't think to activate it.

Dude it's a sense. It's not something you flip a switch on. My point is with the source of the illusion literally being inside him Yama correctly deduced that it must be the real deal. He found a distinction in the Spiritual Energy put 2 and 2 together, and that was that.

I'm pretty sure a sixth sense can be something you flip a switch on... Not all senses are constantly active in fiction.

If the description of Aizen's shikai is that it controls all 5 senses, I don't see how it can be said to control others too. You can chalk up their lack of reiryoku-sensing to being PIS.

No but this one is. Otherwise how could they sense a massive surge in Reiatsu everytime someone flexes it. Such as Aizen or Kennie.

So in BOTH Aizen vs Captains and YHWACH himself mistaking Aizen. Who is a one of the war potentials because of his SP getten mistaken for someone else can be chalked up to PIS despite his shikai being given the title "Complete Hypnosis/Perfect Hypnosis"

Okie dokes. I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

Hst master said:
The best that we can hope for is that he learnt some high level kido over the 10 year Timeskip
Ichigo was bedding Orihime for 10 years, and sitting on the sofa the rest of the day.

I'm guessing that since all Bankai is just a massive power-ups from the Shikai, Aizen's Bankai will allowed him to control all brain functions of anyone.

Back