• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Advice please!

New member looking advice! I have a few character's and a power system but little in the way of a universe that connects those two things. Do I actually need one at the very start or is just a loose setting tying them together fine?

Just do however you feel or know you can do best on doing first.

Or to put it simply, if you want to do your characters first as well as the "power system" (i assume you mean the OC's powers, right?), you can do that first.

Other times, there can be people that may do their verse first and character afterwards but in any case, you can start it out however you want to start out.

Just make sure you follow our Rules for Original Character Profiles format here and you'll be fine.

Gotcha! I'll take care to follow the format and guidelines. By power system I mean things like nen in Hunter X Hunter, Chakra and ninjutsu in Naruto, ki in Dragonball, and those kinds of things. Is there anything in terms of formatting or specific categories that you would recommend including?

Oh that...right. Uhm not really as far as things have been going up to this point, no.

If you mean by adding categories based on those, we have things like putting "Chi Users" for those that use energies like Ki from DB. We don't have specific ones like the other two examples above so for lack of better options, you can just put "Chi Users" as a category.

This category, of course.

Would creating a page detailing the source of character's powers in the verse work? Things like various techniques and the lore explaining how it work? That way when people read my ocs there is a page dedicated to explaining the mechanics that govern everyone's abilities.

Things like a summary and techniques and stuff right? Sorry if I'm asking a whole bunch of simple stuff. This the first time I've ever posted anything on a wikia before and id really like to write my ideas down. I plan to make a verse with a lower tiers but with more emphasis on hax. Im used to lower levels of power from roleplaying and stuff like that but me and my friends are a bunch of munchkins so we always thought up ways in which we could theoretically be overpowered with our characters within the context of the roleplay. Though I tend to fight that given the power cap that's enforced in a lot of roleplays I join I can't really give my character's all the cool abilities I think up for them.

Yeah you can do that, really. Things like just the characters summary, powers and stats alone are fine to do. Stuff that you see like the appearance and personality things are ones that you can keep, add, or throw away if you like.

Back