• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Commercial Character Proposal

Howdy! I wanted to come here to talk about the addition of advertisements as a form of media mainly characters such as the Trix Rabbit and the Red M&M these two are going to act as examples to show how this medium of content has canon and continuity but first let's look at the editing rule this comes from

"Corporate mascots and advertisement characters are not part of fictional storylines, regardless of feats in commercials and similar. It is preferable to not allow any incoherent figments without substance to be featured here. However, if they have officially published comic books, games, etcetera to scale from, they can probably be included."

so many advertisements have hosted many worlds inside of them as well as storylines I'm using the m&ms as an example which it has many storylines that span multiple ads some to point at is The Lost Tribe series of ads in 2012, the election arc consisting of a couple of commercials for viewers to vote on a website and also another website meant to be throwing dirt on the m&ms characters which actually references previous commercials on, and even a continuity change with the introduction of pretzel m&ms in the real world saw having the orange m&m have a pretzel put into him in this series of commercials to me this should be enough to prove there is a universe/continuity to the m&m ads

For the Trix Rabbit, there's his eternal struggle with getting the cereal events have taking over multiple commercials where kids can vote to let him get the cereal or not there's also this one where he gets the assistance from bugs bunny in a two-parter commercial where he pretends to be bugs, as well as trying to get a box with American politics telling kids to vote to let him eat some trix but yeah this does show that advertisement characters can have continuity and consistent elements in their universe even Mcdonalds has things like this with Mcdonaldland era commercials having consistent characterization and a fleshed-out setting but yeah I believe this should be good evidence to allow these sort of profiles on the wiki

The site is more than aware of ads with continuity, in fact there's a far better example with the Old Spice ads having a continuity and all, and @Ryukama supported that, but on the other hand, a lack of continuity isn't the only issue for ad characters for indexing purposes.
The main problem is that this sort of pages are perceived by the staff as of bad taste, just like how sitcom characters are arbitrarily not allowed or so.

Hard against ad characters.

Also yeah sitcom characters just generally don't have anything going for them. Dunno where you got that perception, Bob.

I remember Ant pushing that rule to avoid stuff like Breaking Bad being on the site, but I guess that's no longer the case anymore to begin with, so yeah.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure ads like Kool-Aid Man or The Most Interesting Man in the world deserve to be indexed.

There's way more incoherent things in comics n stuff.

I'm pretty sure ads like Kool-Aid Man or The Most Interesting Man in the world deserve to be indexed.

There's way more incoherent things in comics n stuff.
I agree, we ought to get rid of comics, too.

I have looked into Ronald McDonald and he has some pretty consistent scaling and I already have some calcs I made yesterday for the lad all from this pretty well-made respect thread I'll post some of them I've also changed the name of this thread to make it more friendly to use for on-lookers

Back