• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adell (Nipponverse) Massive Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I just stumbled upon Adell's profile around here and, being a great fan of the Disgaea series (2 being my second favorite right next to D2) I have to say he's being massively downplayed by being listed as "Planet Lvl" due to "being far weaker than Laharl and even Etna".

Ok, that's just wrong.

Adell loses to Etna at Chapter 3 IIRC and to Laharl at Chapter 11.

So far, so good. Now here's where things start getting wrong. The weaknesses say that he beat Baal and Laharl when they weren't even trying and that's nowhere near the truth.

At chapter 11, Laharl beats the party, but then (True) Zenon makes him look like a joke, beating him easily and even casually no selling his signature move "Overlord's Wrath" as seen here. The same character, True Zenon, in a single night killed no less than a thousand Demon Lords and 99 Overlords.

Where I'm getting at is, post game content seems to be considered for the characters here. Post game Adell BEAT Laharl and Baal like he would say, Fair and Square. Baal was "focused on Rozalin"? Well, Adell literally jumps between the two of them and fights him. No, Baal was not "weaker". In name, lvl, title and stats, he's the same one Laharl fought. Laharl was not "weaker" either, his lvl was actually HIGHER post game. He even says that now Adell "no longer has the plot/being the main character in his favor to just make him win". Even if it's argued that he was "hungry", there are two matches against Laharl in the post game. In the first one, Flonne was still around and Laharl was not famished or anything, still fought Adell and lost.

Now where I think Adell should at least be comparable to Laharl: Mao's feat of destroying all of the known universe including Celestia and the Netherworld in a bad ending is taken into account as well as the Darkdeath Evilman fight. Well, Adell has a feat in his "Worst ending" where he beats a serious, bloodlusted true Zenon by himself - same one who beat Laharl earlier in the game.

Conclusion: Adell should get a key for "Full Power" like Laharl where his stats are at least comparable to Laharl's own stats.

He should also have a much bigger skillset (in a similar way to Laharl) due to being capable of learning every single generic skill out there due to the master-apprentice system - which he is the one to teach Rozalin about - at the very beginning of the game.

I suppose that this seems reasonable.

Fair enough but at least get where I'm coming from.

I want to keep Adell as Canon as possible and the Post game stuff and Bad Endings screw up the continuity which in the Nipponverse, is pretty bad.

I'm a fan of Disgaea 2 as well though so do ywhat you want.

I created the profile so it's open for editing.

@Notadeadguy I get what you mean, but if you include only the "main storyline" in the profiles, then not only Adell, but Disgaea as a whole will pretty much lose a ton of its feats and ratings.

Mao's Universal feat goes down the tube - occurs in a bad ending - fighting powerful characters like Baal, Zetta, Pram, Mao himself and so on. Darkdeath Evilman's feat and the fight against him become void as well because it's also post game. Not to mention that even generic skills (such as the Big Bang), despite existing in the game and being somewhat easy to learn, are never outright give to any character by the storyline. Yet, they can learn the skills and said learning system is canon to the game as well.

If you re-read my post, you will see that Base/Main Storyline Adell will remain unchanged (unless that other revision thread DBFan made gets trough and base Adell gets upgraded to Star Lvl). He'll get another key for his full power, in much the same way as Laharl.

EDIT: However, Main Storyline Adell should still have the same skill set he can have in the game, due to being able to learn all magic - which includes healing, status effects and so on - and generic skills.

With that being said, I will wait for a little more input on this before doing anything.

Hey, but imecen though he can learn the skills all characters hate better with a specific weapon

Laharl's better with swords but can use his fists

And Adell is adept with more hand to hand combat.

Just saying.

Anyway, do what you want.

I don't mind being proved wrong.

Having a thread like this proves that people actually know that the other profiles exist.

Huh I didn't know Adell beat Laharl twice.

Though The Nippon verse power scale is more or less f***ed beyond saying character A is comparable to character B.

Because Legit Nothing makes since Laharl from Disgaea D2 was able to beat Post-game Adell

And Disgaea D2 Takes place before Disgaea 2.

@Dbfan and Critic

Yes, yes he did. I can even link it to you if you want.

And not really. We have characters who fight on more or less equal grounds and then there are characters like Gig who most of the time are shown to be far above the powers of everyone else.

The Adell Laharl beats would be the "Main Storyline" Adell, not Full Power Adell (which is the key he'll be getting) who can both fight enemies on Laharl's lvl and even beat the likes of Zenon.

Also Adell in the DLC for Disgaea D2 recognized the Disgaea troupe (he spends a good part of the conversation trying to clear up on the misunderstanding)... And he was NOT beat at all. Note that every single DLC only happens in post game. However.

This is the post-battle dialogue, word by word:

"Adell (to Laharl): Have you had enough? I admit that you're strong.

Laharl: What? Giving up already?

Adell: No... I just can't afford to waste any more time fighting you."

...I don't see how this dialogue implies Laharl "beat" Adell.

@Grudge Thanks a lot!

@Radical Fairly sure he is. I could wait to see what he thinks of this, if need be.

I didn't say That Laharl destroyed Adell in Disgaea D2 Just that Adell Lost

And yeah i forgot that Gig is shown to be above basically everyone

Heck the only reason He lost to Mao (who if you ask me is the strongest MC but that's my opinion) was because he was not use to his own body yet

And when he fought Laharl he wasn't even going all out Considering it's outright stated that Gig could Oneshot Laharl Etna Sicily and Etna

Sorry, I edited it to "beat Adell". Thing is, remember your own revision thread for Base Adell? I'm fairly sure I saw the "destroyed" thing around there and it probably got stuck in my head.

FateAlbane said:
Sorry, I edited it to "beat Adell". Thing is, remember your own revision thread for Base Adell? I'm fairly sure I saw the "destroyed" thing around there and it probably got stuck in my head.
Possibly because i was unaware of The 2 wins against Laharl in Disgaea 2

Guess it's hard To say Who would win based on that.

Indeed. Hence the reason why Full Power Adell should be at least comparable to Full Power Laharl.

And about Gig, it's pretty much what you said. It's even supported by his meeting with Revya, where she has to convince him not to take over (the world?) after he loses and by how Gig says it's not the same without her after Mao wins. But that's enough on Gig, otherwise we get derailed.

Though I don't know if beating True Zenon who stomped Laharl would qualify Adell for "At least Universal" or just "Universal" as well.

FateAlbane said:
Yeah, I thought the same. Anyways, I'll wait to see what The Perpetual has to say.
Though To be compleatly honest All of them should be at least universal anyways Due to Mao's feat and the sketchy wording Cause "Destroying everything" could include the time and space

@DBFan Well, the best feats from the series (Aside from Trenia) would be from

1. Alex (Destroyed the entire Multiverse over time in a bad ending, though the Space Time Continuum was still there and he wandered the empty Cosmos for Billions of Years, all by himself).

2. Pram (Defeated every single Overlord and took control of all the Worlds/Netherworlds in the Multiverse maintaning her position for all of eternity in a bad Ending).

3. Devourlord Revya (Reduced the world of both Humans and Gods to literal Nothingness).

But due to not knowing how big the Multiverse in Nipponverse is, I don't know if this can ever be used. Back to Adell...

@Notadeadguy I already explained why this one isn't one of said "screw continuity" cases at all. Even Pram in Makai Kingdom says there is more than one universe and our own is as significant to the Cosmos of Disgaea as a speck of dust.

...what?

What is this?

Adell's the one who has the Big Bang feat in the first place. It's in the second game that Big Bang displayed the power of a literal Big Bang, rather than being a figurative name, and canonically he's a fist-fighter first and foremost, meaning he'd naturally learn it over the course of the story's canon proper.

Adell doesn't need to scale to anyone else. He is the Universal the rest of the cast scale to.

@FateAlbane: I was just trying to make a joke

You're probably right about the alternate universes

If you played the game where you're a prinny that goes back in time to stop his salary cut. You can get details on how Etna quit her job, how Laharl ended up inside a bottle in Marona's world, and how Flonne became an angel again.

It would also explain why Asagi (all Nippon fans should know her by now) has so many personalities. Though if you ask me, I honestly thought she had multiple personality disorder.

Though the profiles would get complicated if all the timelines applied for them.

@Perpetual: Oh that Big Bang feat? I honestly just put up the profile like that because I question the Validity of the feat. No offense

ThePerpetual said:
...what?
What is this?

Adell's the one who has the Big Bang feat in the first place. It's in the second game that Big Bang displayed the power of a literal Big Bang, rather than being a figurative name, and canonically he's a fist-fighter first and foremost, meaning he'd naturally learn it over the course of the story's canon proper.

Adell doesn't need to scale to anyone else. He is the Universal the rest of the cast scale to.
No it was disgaea D2 that had the universal big bang

In disgaea 2 https://youtu.be/VhYCuBrEftU?t=118 This was the big bang (Sorry for lag it was the only video i could find)

@ThePerpetual Ok then. I think that settles it. Should I make the changes myself or wait for someone else to do it?

@Fan That's... what I meant. Whoops.

@Dead It's a literal big bang, shown to immediately swallow and recreate the universe, and it originates from a very small surface area striking point (a fist) to boot. I don't see the issue here.

@FateAlbane: As the creator of the profile, I already said Do what you want. You have the evidence, you already discussed it, it's not like I'm stopping you.

I'm just debating my Views in the matter but hey, everyone disagrees with me so you win. Still had fun though.

@Perpetual: You said Disgaea 2, and I just decided to put the Disgaea 2 move set for Canon reasons. You're statement just didn't sound right

According to DBFan, the Big Bang's descriptions mentions that it travels through space time

Wouldn't that be Low 2-C or?

ThePerpetual said:
@Fan That's... what I meant. Whoops.
@Dead It's a literal big bang, shown to immediately swallow and recreate the universe, and it originates from a very small surface area striking point (a fist) to boot. I don't see the issue here.
Also Side note but the flavor text for the big bang (at least in the english release but the english translation is pretty accurate from what i've seen) IS "travel through space and time to rock this universe again"

@Notadeadguy The thing is, things don't work like that here. I can't just go there and change a profile as soon as one person agrees with my reasoning. The revision thread has to be concluded in one way or another and this one has enough support... By now. I could NOT make the changes if you were the only one who agreed to them.

Well, I and ThePerpetual agree, so I think that the upgrades can probably be applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back