• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adam Smasher versus Optimus Prime

cyberpunk19.jpg

Adam Smasher versus Optimus Prime

Speed: Equalized
Initial distance: 20 meters
Versions: Cyberpunk 2077 for Adam and the first key for Prime

Votes for Adam Smasher ->

Votes for Optimus Prime -> 8 (@Dalesean027, @KLOL506 @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Shadyboi0 @Dragonite007 @XSOULOFCINDERX @Harith0cell @Emirp sumitpo)
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Adam Smasher currently scales to 74.0446929018 tons while Optimus scales to 433.6448374761 tons. That's a 5.85652827342x difference in Optimus' favor. Optimus also has far higher LS so there's that to worry about. Add that with Optimus' far greater combat experience compared to Smasher and Optimus should pretty easily destroy Smasher if he ever gets up and personal or even just gets a single hit on him with his guns

Smasher's only real advantages here is his Sandevistan which would give him a 10x speed boost for a short period of time. With that, he may be able to get off a hack on Optimus or cut through him with his arc-welder. The only real problem is if those would be enough to even put Optimus down considering again the 5.8x difference in their power and Optimus' regen which may even negate him cutting through his body depending on where he tries to cut him. Not sure how potent his hacking is so I'll just wait on clarification for that.

Seeing Raiden vs Adam comments, Adam will be Class G. I'm not sure if this change much since the main pont is the attack potency and durability.

Adam is also quite experienced in battle, as he is considered a legend thanks to his combat feats and has worked as a hitman for a lot of time; Not saying that he is better than Prime of course, just making it clear. Should be mentioned as well that Adam is a expcert shoter, being capable to hit David with a rocket, even when the same one was moving like a animal and seeing everything in slow motion, so maybe Adam could try to use his range advantage when he realize that Prime is far superior to him. Like, I imagine Adam trying to punch Prime, and after that realizing being weak compared to Prime and proceeds to run way with his speed boost. Besides, not so sure if the Sandevistan last a short period of time, at least not so short to the point of being ineffective, since even young David lasted a lot of time using such, and like, as much as David, Adam can spam the speed boost.

Actually, a good estrategy would be put bomb inside Prime's body using the Sandevistan. Such thing would be extremely easly thanks to the speed boosts of 10x along with the versatily from Adam. I can be wrong, but I remember that this same estrategy happens in the movies a lot of times and worked in all of them. And although in theory the bomb would be more than 5 times weaker than Primes durability, it would do a good damage thanks to the basic good physics of a explosion emerging inside something tight. Like, could be argued that depending of the position the explosion can insta kill (If it's close to the head for exemple) or at least disable Prime.

I also doubt about the ideia of Adam being easly killed with a sigle hit from Prime. Adam has fought V even without limbs and with much of his body completely destroyed, like his mechanical skin, or even without part of his head. In some of the Cyberpunk's endings, Adam even starts the fight against V with his chest pierced and burned. So, just in case Prime hits Adam's head in the first instance in a critical manner, he will not lose. It would also be remarkably difficult to hit Adam, since he uses his speed boost several times to dodge attacks.

Last edited:
Seeing Raiden vs Adam comments, Adam will be Class G. I'm not sure if this change much since the main pont is the attack potency and durability.
Okay then Smasher gets that as a plus for him then
Adam is also quite experienced in battle, as he is considered a legend thanks to his combat feats and has worked as a hitman for a lot of time; Not saying that he is better than Prime of course, just making it clear. Should be mentioned as well that Adam is a expcert shoter, being capable to hit David with a rocket, even when the same one was moving like a animal and seeing everything in slow motion, so maybe Adam could try to use his range advantage when he realize that Prime is far superior to him. Like, I imagine Adam trying to punch Prime, and after that realizing being weak compared to Prime and proceeds to run way with his speed boost. Besides, not so sure if the Sandevistan last a short period of time, at least not so short to the point of being ineffective, since even young David lasted a lot of time using such, and like, as much as David, Adam can spam the speed boost.
If we base it off the game, the Sandevistan lasts for 8 seconds but not sure if its the same in the anime or the tabletop. Also, you say range advantage but Optimus has around the same range for his guns, technically higher as the only one that works from kilometers away is the railgun while all of Optimus' work at 2 kilometers. Plus he doesn't even have the railgun in this key.
Actually, a good estrategy would be put bomb inside Prime's body using the Sandevistan. Such thing would be extremely easly thanks to the speed boosts of 10x along with the versatily from Adam. I can be wrong, but I remember that this same estrategy happens in the movies a lot of times and worked in all of them. And although in theory the bomb would be more than 5 times weaker than Primes durability, it would do a good damage thanks to the basic good physics of a explosion emerging inside something tight. Like, could be argued that depending of the position the explosion can insta kill (If it's close to the head for exemple) or at least disable Prime.
That would be a fine strategy considering it's shown to work against cybertronians in the movies but the main problem I see with that is whether or not he'll be able to do that and get a killing blow before he's turned into swiss cheese. You say it has the potential to instakill but I'm not too sure about that considering it is still nearly 6x weaker than Optimus and even if its in a weak point like his joints, the best I can see Smasher getting is like his leg, especially considering Optimus is well over 2x his height. At that point, once the Sandevistan runs out, Optimus still has a chance to either shoot him or just slam him into the ground.

I'm also not sure what you mean by bombs considering he doesn't have any in his equipment and I don't recall him using those in his fight unless you mean his missle launcher, which he'd have to first fire that then try and grab it and jam it in there ig. I guess that could work assuming it doesn't blow up when he tries to jam it into his limbs
I also doubt about the ideia of Adam being easly killed with a sigle hit from Prime. Adam has fought V even without limbs and with much of his body completely destroyed, like his mechanical skin, or even without part of his head. In some of the Cyberpunk's endings, Adam even starts the fight against V with his chest pierced and burned. So, just in case Prime hits Adam's head in the first instance in a critical manner, he will not lose. It would also be remarkably difficult to hit Adam, since he uses his speed boost several times to dodge attacks.
I never said a single hit but also I think you're under the impression that Adam is going to start off playing tactically when we never really see that demonstrated. The guy would probably rush up to Optimus to try and hit him or try and shoot him and that also gives Optimus plenty of time to do the same, especially in melee considering he has higher melee range than him. Smasher's never really shown himself to dodge attacks, usually just tanking them so I could see Optimus getting in the first few hits which would be incredibly detrimental. Also, it's still a nearly 6x difference. While it won't be a one shot it's going to be crippling, especially if it hits him dead on.

The way I see it, Optimus has a massive AP and dura advantage along with a skill and range advantage while Smasher has LS which isn't very applicable given Optimus' size and the fact he wouldn't be able to get that close without getting hit by him. His only real saving grace here is the Sandevistan which lets him dodge or use melee or a bomb which melee wouldn't work because near 6x AP difference and bombs only work if he thinks strategically about it and if it doesn't just blow up beforehand

yeah this feels like smasher isn't really gonna be doing much of anything here lol and no smasher would not usually resort to a tactic like implanting bombs to widdle down someone bit by bit at least not from what I've seen from in the game and anime, I haven't read the comics or been through all the tabletop stuff or Cyberpunk Red

Voting Optimus FRA

Also, you say range advantage but Optimus has around the same range for his guns,
I'm sorry, but I mainly meant that he has an advantage in range thanks to his greater variety of firearms (In this case, he would theoretically have a greater advantage in a range battle because of this). Just in his body there are several weapons. And as far as I can see, Adam seems a better shot naturally, along with possessing an amplifier that increases his speed by 10 times
but the main problem I see with that is whether or not he'll be able to do that and get a killing blow before he's turned into swiss cheese
You could elaborate exactly how this would happen, how Priem would hit such an easy attack. Since Adam has the advantage in agility and size (A small size makes it theoretically harder to hit), plus he has the Sandevistan to amplify his speed by up to 10 times. Adam is not a dumb child who will not understand the magnitude of his opponent. Even when the opponent is notably inferior to him, he still uses Sandevistan to dodge the attacks, as showed in the "battle" against David.
You say it has the potential to instakill but I'm not too sure about that considering it is still nearly 6x weaker than Optimus and even if its in a weak point like his joints
Well, a missile exploding inside something thin is going to do massive damage no matter what. I mean, it's not like he can put only one explosive in, nothing is stopping Adam from putting a lot more
I'm also not sure what you mean by bombs considering he doesn't have any in his equipment
He has missiles.
I never said a single hit but also I think you're under the impression that Adam is going to start off playing tactically when we never really see that demonstrated
Well, this is mainly thanks to the fact that basically everyone is nothing compared to him in Cyberpunk. But it is undeniable that Adam is skilled, since he has worked as an hitman for a lot of time and in the military, as much as being considered a legend by anyone who knows his name. If Adam were to meet someone massively stronger than him, I don't see how exactly he couldn't try some basic strategy. Like, come on, he is not a stupid child
Voting Optimus FRA
Counted ig

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I mainly meant that he has an advantage in range thanks to his greater variety of firearms (In this case, he would theoretically have a greater advantage in a range battle because of this). Just in his body there are several weapons. And as far as I can see, Adam seems a better shot naturally, along with possessing an amplifier that increases his speed by 10 times
I mean, not really. He has his HMG, missiles, and his arm cannon, all of which won't do much to Optimus while Optimus has his two cannons. It's not exactly like having a gun and missiles is going to give him a range advantage when those weapons aren't going to do much in the long run. Plus, Optimus' shot smaller targets than Smasher before, hitting humans during the 4th movie

Sandevistan, if he uses it in this instance, won't even do much. The bullets and missiles are far slower than he is so if anything he just slows down to fire the same number of bullets he would've anyways
You could elaborate exactly how this would happen, how Priem would hit such an easy attack. Since Adam has the advantage in agility and size (A small size makes it theoretically harder to hit), plus he has the Sandevistan to amplify his speed by up to 10 times. Adam is not a dumb child who will not understand the magnitude of his opponent. Even when the opponent is notably inferior to him, he still uses Sandevistan to dodge the attacks, as showed in the "battle" against David.
He used the Sandevistan against David because he knew that was the only way to keep up with him while David was using the Sandevistan. During the fight with V the guy never pulls it from what I've seen no matter how much V damages him. Also, it's not like Optimus hasn't shot smaller targets before, like I said, he killed a few humans in the 4th movie.
Well, a missile exploding inside something thin is going to do massive damage no matter what. I mean, it's not like he can put only one explosive in, nothing is stopping Adam from putting a lot more

He has missiles.
Again, that's assuming he manages to jam it in there without it even exploding beforehand just from him grabbing it and trying to jam it in. Also you say massive damage, I'd like to reiterate near 6x dura difference compared to the AP of that missile. It's not going to do as much damage as you think and especially not as much as to cripple him. Multiple missiles could but they're all firing out incredibly slowly as shown when he fires one at David. By the time he gets like 1, maybe 2, the Sandevistan is down and Optimus has a chance to retaliate. This is all assuming he thinks of doing this which, we don't even know if he will he's never shown himself to be a strategist. Yes he has combat experience but will he actually think to specifically use Sandevistan, run up to Optimus, pull a few missiles out, then try and jam them into his leg.
Well, this is mainly thanks to the fact that basically everyone is nothing compared to him in Cyberpunk. But it is undeniable that Adam is skilled, since he has worked as an hitman for a lot of time and in the military, as much as being considered a legend by anyone who knows his name. If Adam were to meet someone massively stronger than him, I don't see how exactly he couldn't try some basic strategy. Like, come on, he is not a stupid child
I'm not saying the guy isn't skilled but he isn't going to start off tactically. He's never shown himself to do that and he's more likely to just try and go in for the kill first which gives Optimus enough time to do the same and do far more damage than any of Smasher's guns or missiles can.

Optimus FRA, he's just way stronger and more durable, more skilled and has considerably greater mobility in Vehicle Mode and can enable forcefields whenever he chooses.

Remember, Optimus straight up ragdolled Megatron, Starscream and Grindor even when they were blindsiding him and overwhelming him with their own firepower, and once they pissed off Optimus, they literally got their shit kicked in within seconds and Grindor effectively had his head ripped apart

During the fight with V the guy never pulls it from what I've seen no matter how much V damages him
Ngl this kinda most definitely a bad example to use especially considering there are still major updates confirmed to be happening with some insights given and one big one since Edgerunners released is the Adam Smasher boss fight where he's sorta just a punching bag because of bad A.I. it's been one of the most noted things about his fight since the anime dropped so much so that it's not uncommon to see memes about how bad the A.I. for his fight is

I get where you're coming from but this likely over time won't hold up as good reasoning so I'm just calling it out that this probs shouldn't be used as a viable detractor in this one specifc case

Ngl this kinda most definitely a bad example to use especially considering there are still major updates confirmed to be happening with some insights given and one big one since Edgerunners released is the Adam Smasher boss fight where he's sorta just a punching bag because of bad A.I. it's been one of the most noted things about his fight since the anime dropped so much so that it's not uncommon to see memes about how bad the A.I. for his fight is

I get where you're coming from but this likely over time won't hold up as good reasoning so I'm just calling it out that this probs shouldn't be used as a viable detractor in this one specifc case
Honestly fair enough. His boss fight prob isn't the best to go off of since yeah, like you said, it's really bad lol. But still, we haven't seen much evidence of him actually pulling out the Sandevistan since it was only a recent addition in Edgerunner. Only times he uses it is when David activates it and I'd assume it's just so he can keep up with him. That isn't really a problem here since speed is equalized so honestly not really sure.
Doesn't looks like applicable in combat (Since no one talk about this in the whole thread). But if it is applicable, so Optimus destroy Adam no matter if the speed is equalized or not
I never brought up the jetpack and stuff because that brings him 8-A+ AP which gives him 550 tons to scale to which is a 7.42794626388x difference, just shy of one shot range. I assumed we were going to keep this to his 2007 to RotF equipment, mainly because it's the most fair overall since if he has his DotM equipment, he gets a forcefield and the jetpack, the forcefield in particular has the same 7.4x difference compared to Smasher and it covers his whole body so the Sandevistan missile strategy wouldn't even work

Honestly depends on which Prime we're using since 2007 to RotF has just basic stuff, stuff I was bringing up, but if we're using AoE to TLK Prime he has flight which could help him get distance but he's never shown to do that so I wouldn't say he'd just pull it out if I'm also saying Smasher wouldn't pull out his Sandevistan.

Also, the sub-rel is only flight speed, it just means Smasher wouldn't be able to catch him if he flew. If speed gets unequalized, Smasher scales to 2438.4 m/s while Optimus scales above 1963.13791245 m/s. A roughly 1.24209307178x difference. Not necessarily game changing but it could help Smasher. Though, I'd still say Optimus would win considering the fact we haven't seen Smasher fight very strategically or try anything like that missile technique and Optimus still has the 5.8x AP and dura advantage.

Not sure if it's worth noting, but I looked through the anime scenes. The longest duration of Sandevistan was from David early on in the series, and he held it for 47 seconds. I figure Adam Smasher could hold it for similar periods of time at the least.

Before grace, I would like to ask if given the information that Adam Smasher can slow down time to 10% (A 10x increase) for 47 seconds if that'd be enough to tip things in Adam's favor a bit more? From what I saw above, someone believed 8 seconds was the limit, but 47 is substantially more (On top of the fact that in the anime, they can use Sandevistan consecutively pretty easily).

Honestly, yeah that would be incredibly helpful for him, though my main belief is that he wouldn't be able to get it off to begin with or he'll get it off while weakened already. He doesn't start off with it, he usually just goes for melee or shoots first which gives Optimus enough time to do the same with his superior range in both cases. By that point, the 5.8x AP and dura would be enough to tank anything Smasher sends at him and cripple him.

Honestly, yeah that would be incredibly helpful for him, though my main belief is that he wouldn't be able to get it off to begin with or he'll get it off while weakened already. He doesn't start off with it, he usually just goes for melee or shoots first which gives Optimus enough time to do the same with his superior range in both cases. By that point, the 5.8x AP and dura would be enough to tank anything Smasher sends at him and cripple him.
He'd no doubt no-sell individual strikes from Adam Smasher since he heavily upscales from the value that is already superior to Adam Smasher. But wouldn't it be safe to assume that in a 47 second timeframe where he has a blitzing speed advantage that he'd be able to land many many many attacks that'd cause damage to build up pretty quick (Especially if he plants explosives or something on him)?

He'd no doubt no-sell individual strikes from Adam Smasher since he heavily upscales from the value that is already superior to Adam Smasher. But wouldn't it be safe to assume that in a 47 second timeframe where he has a blitzing speed advantage that he'd be able to land many many many attacks that'd cause damage to build up pretty quick (Especially if he plants explosives or something on him)?
Optimus got beat down from three opponents roughly comparable in attack potency to him for just as long and Optimus still managed to curbstomp all three of them at once after he lost his shit. Build-up of damage isn't going to be enough to stop someone of Optimus's caliber.

Optimus got beat down from three opponents roughly comparable in attack potency to him for just as long and Optimus still managed to curbstomp all three of them at once after he lost his shit. Build-up of damage isn't going to be enough to stop someone of Optimus's caliber.
Fair enough. I thought it'd be a bit different here since Adam would be so much faster that he could land like, hundreds, if not thousands of attacks (or more) on Optimus uninterrupted as opposed to like dozens like it would be if it were three opponents beating on him for comparable time. Especially if Adam can use Sandevistan several times consecutively like in the anime.

I think I could recalc the current 8-B calc and create a refight later
For whom? Smashers was pretty solid and recalculated by me somewhat then fully redone by @KLOL506 so it's definitely been theough the works also this should be added to the relevant profiles and closed

Back