• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Note that this is limited to transmission-based techniques, such as those requiring visual contact.
Based on this probably it wouldn't help against Hajime specific fear and madness since in his case no visual contact is actually needed, later when I finish to eat dinner could look for the scans showing when he for example made the entire troop of a battleship get crazy without seeing him even once.

Last edited:
I don't think the fact that it works without visuals really matters here. It's the effect that matters. I'm unsure why Accelerator's profile says it like that, considering he should just resist the effect in general.

Last edited:
I don't think the fact that it works without visuals really matters here. It's the effect that matters. I'm unsure why Accelerator's profile says it like that, considering he should just resist the effect in general.
I mean, even if considering that it doesn't matter if is visual or not, the fact that he still get affected by the fear part instead of the madness one is what really matters, specially because the fear can have effects in the physical body as show in the scans that I posted above, additionally looking for the scene I mentioned previously I found a part in which is show how he can use spirit magic to affect the fear:
This was demon king-sama’s version of a certain urban legend “Ma○y-san’s Phone Call” using super small living golem. While using telepathy to forcefully make the listener experienced of something “gradually approaching”, their sense of fear was also amplified using soul magic. Arifureta Chapter 234
So based on this is likely that the fear is felt even to the soul.

I mean, even if considering that it doesn't matter if is visual or not, the fact that he still get affected by the fear part instead of the madness one is what really matters, specially because the fear can have effects in the physical body as show in the scans that I posted above, additionally looking for the scene I mentioned previously I found a part in which is show how he can use spirit magic to affect the fear:

So based on this is likely that the fear is felt even to the soul.
fear is part of empathic manipulation, which Accelerator resists, tho.

fear is part of empathic manipulation, which Accelerator resists, tho.
He have resisted fear manip? Because resist a general power don't mean resist all possible applications of said power, because with that logic anyone who resisted mind manip can resist emphatic manip, which obviously isn't how the wiki do things. Also, how specifically speaking said emphatic manip works? Because in Hajime case he just emit his bloodlust and people just get scared.

He have resisted fear manip? Because resist a general power don't mean resist all possible applications of said power, because with that logic anyone who resisted mind manip can resist emphatic manip, which obviously isn't how the wiki do things. Also, how specifically speaking said emphatic manip works? Because in Hajime case he just emit his bloodlust and people just get scared.
Resisting Empathic Manipulation (Which can induce various emotions from sadness to anger and everything in-between) on a High 1-C level should be more than enough to resist 3-D bloodlust-based fear manipulation by extension.

I'm confused about why you are treating empathic manipulation and fear manipulation as completely different abilities anyway. Fear Manipulation only exists because it's a very popular specific application of the same ability. Some people would argue that Fear Manipulation shouldn't exist because Empathic Manip already covers it.

The Fear Manipulation page also mentions that this form of fear manipulation can be resisted with significant mind manipulation resistance (Which should more specifically include empathic manipulation since it's closer to what fear manip is).

I treat them as different abilitites because they are actually different abilitites, the same way emphatic manip is different from mind manip or even how soul absorption is different from soul destruction despite both use the same power. I also ask because in the description of Accelerator it specifically say that is a resistance to techniques that need visual contact, which lead me to think that the emphatic manip that he faced had certain limits or restrictions.

I treat them as different abilitites because they are actually different abilitites, the same way emphatic manip is different from mind manip or even how soul absorption is different from soul destruction despite both use the same power. I also ask because in the description of Accelerator it specifically say that is a resistance to techniques that need visual contact, which lead me to think that the emphatic manip that he faced had certain limits or restrictions.
Soul absorption and soul destruction are different applications of the same ability, however, a significant soul manipulation resistance would get you resistance to both of them by extension.

That is my point here. Sure, fear manipulation is different from something like love inducement, but a significant empathic/mind hax resistance should still allow you to resist both of them. Even if you haven't necessarily been met with one of them before.

Anyway, as I said I don't know why the contact part matters considering that it induces the same effect either way.

Soul absorption and soul destruction are different applications of the same ability, however, a significant soul manipulation resistance would get you resistance to both of them by extension.
What significant soul resistance would also let you resistance soul destruction? Seen this "resist one aspect so resist multiple aspects" done too many times when brought up for layers or just resistance and people get crazy trying to argue that since their character resisted soul Manipulation they can resist soul destruction. Definitely gotta provide a better argument than that.

Last edited:

That is my point here. Sure, fear manipulation is different from something like love inducement, but a significant empathic/mind hax resistance should still allow you to resist both of them. Even if you haven't necessarily been met with one of them before.

Anyway, as I said I don't know why the contact part matters considering that it induces the same effect either way.
I'm pretty sure from various other vs threads that that isn't how it works, more recent threats saying that would be I guess the ones with Ji Ning or the one with Nanatsu no Taizai.

It matters because the profile make it pretty clear to matter, and the way in which how abilitites works is actually pretty important, for example resisting As Nodth death manip or Mio Musumi death manip don't mean you could resist Vandalieu death manip or Akuma death manip despite the fact that the outcome of all of them is the same (that is that the opponent die), so resisting the same effect don't necessarily mean resisting an ability that reach said outcome via other ways.

I spoke to some people about the specifics of Accelerator's ability, and they say he has the ability to reflect effects that "need to reach him" to take effect.

Along with this, "Accelerator's field passively blocks out stimulus and input that isn't necessary for him."

Tbh, I'm not really sure 🤷

I spoke to some people about the specifics of Accelerator's ability, and they say he has the ability to reflect effects that "need to reach him" to take effect.

Along with this, "Accelerator's field passively blocks out stimulus and input that isn't necessary for him."

Tbh, I'm not really sure 🤷
Who exactly did you ask

Back