• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Accelerator VS Hajime Nagumo

PrWSIBJ.png
C4RUCdX.png

Information:
  • Accelerator's Post-Aiwass Key is used.
  • Hajime's After-Stories Key is used.
  • Speed is equalized.
Begin!

Last edited:
Oops. Allow me to switch it up real quick then.

didn't he has a smurf? also what's Accel's main wincon again? his Vector manip is pretty confusing to understand

Accelerator has High 1-C Vector Reflection, so physical attacks from Hajime are useless.

I know. I want to see if Hajime still has options. More of me testing out just how busted Arifureta chars are.

Accelerator has High 1-C Vector Reflection, so physical attacks from Hajime are useless.
so that means all of Hajime's bullets (or rather almost all of his kits) are virtually useless, might as well pit him against Yue for makes things fair

I'm 90% sure Hajime has attacks that wouldn't normally have Vectors(such as his Conceptual Manipulation) so Accelerator wouldn't be able to effect those with his Vector Manipulation.

If not though yeah Accelerator Dogwalks.

iirc most of his attacks need to has some sort of medium to get his effects as his proficiency in ancient magic is doggy doodoo with the exception of creation magic

but I'm not an Arifureta expert, might as well wait for Expectro as always for his analysis but I'm like 90% sure Hajime can't touch Accel with any of his convenient way

Conceptual Manipulation is just the origin of skills and magic being conceptual in nature iirc, which doesn't mean that the effects aren't physical.

Even actual concept magic, at least for Hajime, isn't just applied abstractly and has to be applied through a physical medium like a chain or bullet.

Same thing with Hajime. Just depends on how she applies any of her abstract one-shot hax.

so, I believe Yue has an attack that can't be reflected like her Thousand Cuts attack which is spatial magic that immediately shift space and bisect its target so that could work maybe

Edit: Also I forgot Hajime got his passive madness aura so yeah

so, I believe Yue has an attack that can't be reflected like her Thousand Cuts attack which is spatial magic that immediately shift space and bisect its target so that could work maybe

Edit: Also I forgot Hajime got his passive madness aura so yeah
What she start with?

Gravity manip, teleportation everywhere, and then spatial manip iirc
The first two might not work, but spatial manipulation/cutting would be effective. Although it seems like his reflection of 11-dimensional variant teleportation isn't listed in his profile(unless I missed it) so it probably can't be used in this thread. Here's the statement if you're vaguely interested.
When he reflected teleportation powers, a strange phenomenon occurred in the three
dimensional world, but this had felt entirely different.
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 20, Chapter 2, Part 7
However, even just skimming through Yue's profile, I can tell it's still a stomp thread. I'd wager she even stomps plat wings Accelerator.

Accelerator in this form doesn't even have an answer to her Low-High regeneration unless you grant him access to black wings, but even then her speed being Massively FTL+ makes it impossible for him to tag her.

I also don't think Accelerator has an answer to soul manipulation that doesn't require making physical contact with his body, especially prior to platinum wings.

She has Power Nullification listed 3 or 4 times which would obviously be useful if applicable to this fight.

Also holy shit these next two abilities are canonically super effective on Accelerator multiple times throughout the story(especially as he is at this point in time): Memory Manipulation (Can use spirit magic to make her opponent relive their memories) and Necromancy (Made Claudia's parents appear before her using necromancy.
I should add it to my CRT about possibly adding it as a Weakness for him since at least two antagonists have exploited this strategy against him.

Edit: Strikethrough since teleportation reflection is listed under Coordinate Attack Immunity.

Last edited:
Some things of Hajime don't have vectors to reflect, like the mind manip of his artifacts on the after stories key, his spatial artifacts honestly don't know if would be affected by the vector manip. In this case the more dangerous haxs from Hajime to Accelerator would be things like his Intimidation (fear and maddness) since his bloodlust is pretty potent (he can make people faint with a glance, make them unable to breath, have blurred vision, get insane, and generally speaking it can make them feel phisycal impacts despite there not be any physical force, he once also made a ghost forget her grudges despite be unable to kill her and another time when he made a robot without conscious feel hit with physical pressure, made an AI hallucinate that the space was creaking and made another AI pray despite be at the other side of the world with an absurd advantage over a super nerfed Hajime), so Accelerator would be ****** if he don't have a potent resistance to fear manip (which I suppose he don't have since the profile don't list anything like that). In case Accelerator have an answer to this things Hajime could use his stealth to get a chance to fully analyze and develop countermeasures against Accelerator (he could actually do that in the middle of combat, but the stealth would let him take more carefully his time).

Now, since the match was changed to After Stories Yue then I will say that this is probably an stomp, and that's because she can do practically all the haxs from the verse with a thought (well, with a word in the case of word based abilitites like Divine Edict), he don't seem to have resistance to soul manip (specifically speaking her Divine Edict) which is the main thing that Yue use in this key as starting move, similarly he don't resist her mind manip, memory manip, fear manip, pain manip, time manip, organic manip, info manip, power null, etc. From the wiki viewpoint Yue is effectively the most broken character of the verse do to how absurdly haxed she is and how potent her things are compared with most of the other characters, and considering how Accelerator lack a resistance to all her haxs things would be pretty stompish.

Additionally, Accelerator don't really have a way to put down either Hajime and Yue with the automatic and infinite revives, so even if he could somehow overwhelm he will eventually fall from exhaustion.

Divine Edict is Yue's first move in the afterstories, and she is literally like a composite of the verse, filled with hax, looks like a stomp to me.

Yue: I order you in the name of Yue, kneel.

So then Hajime would've been the better match after all?

So they're broken enough to kill smurfs...Damn, where do I even go from here.

So then Hajime would've been the better match after all?
With Hajime the main problem is his busted fear and maddness manip. After that there is how Accelerator don't have a way to permanently put down Hajime. Then there is the fact thta Hajime have artifacts that aren't affected by vectors or that could be uncertain if they would be affected by them (like the spatial artifacts), and at worst Hajime would only need to develop artifacts to counter him which he can do in middle of combat or by taking his time with his stealth. Generally speaking though Hajime is certainly affected hard by the vectors of Accelerator he have various things to even then win against him while Accelerator don't have an answer to them.
So they're broken enough to kill smurfs...Damn, where do I even go from here.
Depend of the smurf and so, if Accelerator had some smurf resistances and a way to counter the resurrection then things would had be pretty different.

Yeah smurf is pretty good and all but you pretty much need to have a right smurf hax and resistance to even the odds

Hajime has passive madness aura that Accel definitely can't resist though just like what Expectro said
Regarding the madness stuffs
Limitations: Those who are capable of perceiving, understanding and/or experiencing that which is naturally extreme or incomprehensible should be able to ignore this. Likewise, unless there is evidence to suggest differently, beings whose physical forms are similarly complex or extreme in nature are likely to be unaffected by exposure to such a being.
I doubt accelerator who can understand 11-D laws and physics is gonna run mad because of hajime

Regarding the madness stuffs

I doubt accelerator who can understand 11-D laws and physics is gonna run mad because of hajime
Don't know why understanding physics would prevent him from getting insane since with Hajime case is a maddness born from sheer fear, and as we all should know pretty well that humans are the type of beings that can be heavily affected by things like fear even if said fear is illogical.

That's just intelligence, besides, does understanding said law and physics make ordinary people go mad?
Don't know why understanding physics would prevent him from getting insane since with Hajime case is a maddness born from sheer fear, and as we all should know pretty well that humans are the type of beings that can be heavily affected by things like fear even if said fear is illogical.
Well, I can't really say as I haven't seen many madness manipulators, I'm just going off the limitations presented in the ability
Those who are capable of perceiving, understanding and/or experiencing that which is naturally extreme or incomprehensible should be able to ignore this

I think that's base very limited type of madness. Because otherwise we'd apply such a thing to a wide swathe of insane characters.

That's just intelligence, besides, does understanding said law and physics make ordinary people go mad?
No, but looking at Grimoires and Qliphah Puzzle 545 do. Accelerator doesn't have feats for resisting grimoire effects but he has looked at Qliphah Puzzle 545, who has types 2 and 3 Madness Manipulation, without going mad.

The following is stated on Accelerator's profile.
  • Empathy/Madness Immunity: Perhaps as a side-effect of his heightened magical awareness, Nephthys' Tears of Transmission were incapable of affecting Accelerator's psychological state, and Qliphah's mental corruption from her dress did nothing when he looked directly at them. Note that this is limited to transmission-based techniques, such as those requiring visual contact.

No, but looking at Grimoires and Qliphah Puzzle 545 do. Accelerator doesn't have feats for resisting grimoire effects but he has looked at Qliphah Puzzle 545, who has types 2 and 3 Madness Manipulation, without going mad.

The following is stated on Accelerator's profile.
  • Empathy/Madness Immunity: Perhaps as a side-effect of his heightened magical awareness, Nephthys' Tears of Transmission were incapable of affecting Accelerator's psychological state, and Qliphah's mental corruption from her dress did nothing when he looked directly at them. Note that this is limited to transmission-based techniques, such as those requiring visual contact.
Is it a smurf resistance?

From the looks of it, it is a smurf resistance. Nephthys' Tears of Transmission could indirectly affect Accelerator's power, which is 11-D.

Also Nephthys herself is a High 1-C entity.

Back