• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Wolverines Claws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closer to say they can ignore durability up to Solar System level

Not quite in the spirit of dura ignoring, but it's Marvel scaling

But having durability negation with for his claws gives the impression that his claws can cut through everything, which would give a lot of people the wrong idea.

Wouldn't it be better to have a note like: 9-B physically but his claws can pierce foes with Solar System level durability?

He physically scales to the likes of Captain America and Deadpool, and his claws have consistently pierced through the Hulk's flesh, and I'm pretty sure he even pierced the likes of The Thing and Gladiator.

Think of it like how we treat characters who rely on guns, we give them like human level AP normally, but with guns, we give them street level AP.

^

Exactly. The claws can't one-shot High 4-Cs, but they can pierce the body of a 4-B. It's not quite the same thing.

But doesn't the current durability negation kinda already imply that? Cause right now it seems like he can cut through because it's admantium, even though his highest showwings are against 4-B opponents.

Perhaps we should specify that it's 4-B piercing power? Isn't there a few profiles hat have that specific note?

I agree with Matthew. However, "Durability negation for up to Solar System level opponents" might work.

Okay. I will add the sentence to his profile.

Can his claws go through magical barriers for example? There are characters whose durability scales from those.

I do not know, but I vaguely recall that force fields have been harder for him to cut.

Considering the sheer amount of comics out there, I wouldn't doubt if they can go through magical barriers cause "lol adamantium".

Well, he is likely stronger than Thor, but not overwhelmingly so nowadays.

Anyway, Wolverine was not shown to fail to cut Sentry in that scan.

According to Marvel editorial's "top 10 strongest heroes" Youtube video, Tom Brevoort & company somehow think that The Thing is stronger than The Sentry.

Yes, The Thing failed to even budge The Sentry in the slightest.

Honestly that was likely never intended as a serious video and more of a publicity thing. Even Capcom UK's Top 5 Strongest Street Fighters tries to go in-depth.

Well, I have an extremely low opinion of Tom Brevoort and his sense of judgement after repeatedly treating me horribly, along with Marvel's ideological policies, so I am not so sure that it was not intended to be taken seriously, despite being idiotic.

"Thor can't punch 100s of times in a minute because that'd be a feat of superhuman speed." - Tom Brevoort

... Despite there being humans who can do that.

Yes, I consider his sense of judgement terrible.

I agree with making Wolverine 4-B with his claws. The reason he cant one shot 4-Bs is an AoE fallacy.

If we say a bug smaller then his claws has 4-B durability, Wolverine can one shot it just fine. Guys like Hulk on the other hand are way to big for his small "damage radius" so he cant one shot them.

Well then should that scale to anyone who can weaponize adamantium or stronger materials? Cap's shield is stronger than Wolverine's claws, even though Logan is stronger, Cap can still weaponize a much stronger object.

This would also scale to X-23, Black Panther has anti-metal claws that can destroy adamantium, etc. then? Though I assume this would only count for the Marvel verse. There are OV characters that can use/destroy adamantium.

The profile currently states that it has durability negation up to Solar System level. I think that summarises Wolverine's abilities reasonably well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back