• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About time we have that General shinobi page

PrinceofPein

Username Only
SO I STARTED THIS, THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE TO LOOK AT IT AND ADD TO IT OR REMOVE, AND IF POSSIBLE PROVIDE NECESSARY SCANS
so if there is something i missed or something that should not be there please feel free to pint that out.

it is lacking so many things so your helps will be appreciated

After this it is the Dojutsu page that should be next

Last edited:
Is... is that even a blog? I'm pretty sure that thing will be deleted considering it's incomplete 'n' stuff.
it is incomplete hence the purpose of this thread, for people to bring abilities or resistances that should be added and scans

Why are you trying to generalize so many abilities to Shinobi in general?

Your run of the mill fodder ninja hasn't demonstrated 1/10th of those things, no idea why we should just assume they can with zero evidence.

The idea that one Shinobi showed some of them so they all can is a bit ridiculous to be honest.

As for the page itself, there's some pretty major grammar issues, and don't you have to make this kind of thread before making it an actual page?

it is incomplete hence the purpose of this thread, for people to bring abilities or resistances that should be added and scans
If it is incomplete and you want people to work on it, then why would you make it into a legit page? You should make a blog, preferably a sandbox so other people can contribute to it.
And as Purgy said, not every ninja has all the stuff listed on there.

Why are you trying to generalize so many abilities to Shinobi in general?

Your run of the mill fodder ninja hasn't demonstrated 1/10th of those things, no idea why we should just assume they can with zero evidence.

The idea that one Shinobi showed some of them so they all can is a bit ridiculous to be honest.
mention one thing there that chuunin level ninjas cannot do

If it is incomplete and you want people to work on it, then why would you make it into a legit page? You should make a blog, preferably a sandbox so other people can contribute to it.
And as Purgy said, not every ninja has all the stuff listed on there.
Done, actually all ninjas have stuffs said there
Or better yet, include evidence saying every Chuunin can do all the stuff you have listed in that profile, you're the one arguing for the profile to be made with this stuff, you need to prove it.
Do you have something you want to add or remove for valid reasons? if you dont kindly find another CRT and make your noise there.

so painful you cannot read the purpose of the thread

• Enhanced Senses: Shinobis have extremely good senses, being able to sense living things when they are out of sight
  • Extrasensory Perception: Shinobis normally can sense chakra or souls even when they are very far away.
This is specifically for sensory type ninja. Not all ninja do this. "Normally" is false.
Half the time chakra is invisible to others unless it's focused in unusually large amounts. So this needs to go.
Not all shinobi do this. Heck, it's even rare to find genjutsu users in the series.
  • Fear Manipulation: Shinobi can induce intense panic and suicidal tendencies in those less experienced or weaker than themselves by projecting their Killing Intent
This is barely anyone in the series. Less than 10 people I can name off of the top of my head can do this.
People already know my disdain with this so I'll barely even speak on it, but not every shinobi does this.

This is specifically for sensory type ninja. Not all ninja do this. "Normally" is false.
Half the time chakra is invisible to others unless it's focused in unusually large amounts. So this needs to go.
So i can group the ninjas to type, then add Sensory Ninjas section or something
Not all shinobi do this. Heck, it's even rare to find genjutsu users in the series.
not exactly, everyone has a basic skill in Genjutsu unless extremely dull case like Naruto
This is barely anyone in the series. Less than 10 people I can name off of the top of my head can do this.
I mean the two Kiri-nin ninjas in the mission of land of waves did this, the sound nin in chuunin exams, gaara also did this , and everytime it was against those that are weaker than them, there killing intent makes others unable to move or act. then we have orochimaru, tobirama e.t.c.
my point is ninjas can project killing intent or auras
People already know my disdain with this so I'll barely even speak on it, but not every shinobi does this.
I am trying to get a quote from the itachi novel, when 6 years old itachi protected his mother and sasuke from a boulder thrown by the nine tails, he said something along the line "I wish i can use chakra like ninjas, even a 6 years old like me can increase my physical strength to smash a boulder" so chakra can be used to amp your statistics, then we have other instances in the series of people using concentrated chakra attacks (I am not talking about tsunade or Sakura)

Jiraiya, who was a genius and one of the most skilled and powerful shinobi Konoha has ever produced, didn't know how to perform a basic genjutsu. So not everyone has it actually.
Uhhm this is so untrue, where was it stated that jiraiya cant perform basic genjutsu?
Jiraiya toad song sage genjutsu is acyually one of the most potent one in the verse.
and what was said in that scenario was that they need a very potent genjutsu that can take all the pain out at a time, where was it stated that he cannot only perform basic genjutsu?

So i can group the ninjas to type, then add Sensory Ninjas section or something
That'd be smart. I advise you to read this page.

And you should list their weaknesses as well.
not exactly, everyone has a basic skill in Genjutsu unless extremely dull case like Naruto
I quote Jiraiya
"It's a highly intellectual ninja technique".

Jiraiya, a Sannin, who is skilled in 90+% of the arts of a ninja, is shitty in genjutsu.
This is not a basic skill.
I mean the two Kiri-nin ninjas in the mission of land of waves did this, the sound nin in chuunin exams, gaara also did this , and everytime it was against those that are weaker than them, there killing intent makes others unable to move or act. then we have orochimaru, tobirama e.t.c.
my point is ninjas can project killing intent or auras
Every person you named is an evil crackhead. And all because a good amount of people use it doesn't mean everyone uses it, that's Association Fallacy.

9. Association fallacy

This is when someone claims that since A has certain qualities, and B is in some way associated with A, then B has those qualities as well, without actual proof of this.

Example: "Many Naruto ninjas use genjutsu. Therefore Gai knows genjutsu as well."

While this could be possible, there is no confirmation, and merely because other ninjas know it doesn't mean he does.
Heck, even the example works.
I am trying to get a quote from the itachi novel, when 6 years old itachi protected his mother and sasuke from a boulder thrown by the nine tails, he said something along the line "I wish i can use chakra like ninjas, even a 6 years old like me can increase my physical strength to smash a boulder" so chakra can be used to amp your statistics, then we have other instances in the series of people using concentrated chakra attacks (I am not talking about tsunade or Sakura)
I know that statement, it's just contradicted by the manga saying that people don't do that, but if someone wants to take the novels not written by Kishi > the manga written by Kishi, go ahead.

Uhhm this is so untrue, where was it stated that jiraiya cant perform basic genjutsu?
Jiraiya toad song sage genjutsu is acyually one of the most potent one in the verse.
and what was said in that scenario was that they need a very potent genjutsu that can take all the pain out at a time, where was it stated that he cannot only perform basic genjutsu?
Jiraiya himself doesn't perform that Genjutsu, the toad sages do.

That'd be smart. I advise you to read this page.

I quote Jiraiya
"It's a highly intellectual ninja technique".

Jiraiya, a Sannin, who is skilled in 90+% of the arts of a ninja, is shitty in genjutsu.
This is not a basic skill.

Every person you named is an evil crackhead. And all because a good amount of people use it doesn't mean everyone uses it, that's Association Fallacy.

Heck, even the example works.

I know that statement, it's just contradicted by the manga saying that people don't do that, but if someone wants to take the novels not written by Kishi > the manga written by Kishi, go ahead.
Thanks for your input, i will update the pages when i get home,
for the genjutsu, using the Naruto databook to group the users will be the ideal solution. i just checked the Haki page, they should be grouped like you grouped the proficiency of haki users

Okay my bad then. I just reread. It makes sense that Jiraiya knew at least the most basic genjutsu imo, considering he taught people how to break out of it (But I'm not sure if this is a valid point). However; the scan Tempest posted is the evidence that not all shinobi has genjutsu since it is stated to be a highly intellectual technique.

Thanks for your input, i will update the pages when i get home,
Any time
for the genjutsu, using the Naruto databook to group the users will be the ideal solution. i just checked the Haki page, they should be grouped like you grouped the proficiency of haki users
I'm flattered that you think I was the one who worked on the Haki page

That'll be hard. The databook (although I've gotten the stats allowed) references to skill and knowledge in genjutsu. Someone could never do a genjutsu in their life, but they could have higher stats than someone else. This is the reason why both Tayuya, Orochimaru, and Itachi have 5s in genjutsu, yet we all know who's superior.

The only weakness i can think of is chakra exhaustion or are there other general shinobi weakness?
I know that statement, it's just contradicted by the manga saying that people don't do that, but if someone wants to take the novels not written by Kishi > the manga written by Kishi, go ahead
i am still iffy on this but i will wait for more input i guess also,
it was established that all ninja can use body flicker technique, does it fall under statistics amps? since they can increase their speed for a short period of time
Okay my bad then. I just reread. It makes sense that Jiraiya knew at least the most basic genjutsu imo, considering he taught people how to break out of it (But I'm not sure if this is a valid point). However; the scan Tempest posted is the evidence that not all shinobi has genjutsu since it is stated to be a highly intellectual technique.
that will fall under illusion negation, i think what tempest is arguing for is creation

I'm flattered that you think I was the one who worked on the Haki page
could not think of anyone else
That'll be hard. The databook (although I've gotten the stats allowed)
thanks for this
references to skill and knowledge in genjutsu. Someone could never do a genjutsu in their life, but they could have higher stats than someone else. This is the reason why both Tayuya, Orochimaru, and Itachi have 5s in genjutsu, yet we all know who's superior.
i think in this cases databook may refer to ability to break out of genjutsu and not create, but using the stats will be fine i guess

I agree with king tempest and purgy and shouldn't this thread be in general discussion than content revision?

The only weakness i can think of is chakra exhaustion or are there other general shinobi weakness?
Sensory Ninja need to switch into sensory mode in order to sense chakra, which is why Minato couldn't sense Naruto getting his bijuu ripped out until his half of Kurama told him to go into sensory mode.
They need to be kneading/molding chakra in order to sense people or things.
It's harder to sense while fighting so people need to concentrate in order to sense, which leaves them vulnerable.
It's harder to sense and lock on a specific person while there's multiple people in the area.
Family hold similar chakra signatures as well.

People who suppress their chakra signatures can't be sensed, so aura suppression is a no go.
i am still iffy on this but i will wait for more input i guess also,
it was established that all ninja can use body flicker technique, does it fall under statistics amps? since they can increase their speed for a short period of time
Yes, this works, but this is different than the other thing from above because they don't use it while fighting (out of character for most ninja except people like Shusui, Minato, Ay, Naruto, Sasuke, and a select group of others)

Most E-Rank jutsus are known throughout the world, so I'll give you a small list of the ones most ninja should be able to use.

Sensory Ninja need to switch into sensory mode in order to sense chakra, which is why Minato couldn't sense Naruto getting his bijuu ripped out until his half of Kurama told him to go into sensory mode.
They need to be kneading/molding chakra in order to sense people or things.
It's harder to sense while fighting so people need to concentrate in order to sense, which leaves them vulnerable.
It's harder to sense and lock on a specific person while there's multiple people in the area.
Family hold similar chakra signatures as well.
Thanks a lot this is helpful
People who suppress their chakra signatures can't be sensed, so aura suppression is a no go.
They can't get Aura suppression?
Cause it can work for some set of other ninjas that are not sensors, like the seven swordsmen of the mist
Yes, this works, but this is different than the other thing from above because they don't use it while fighting (out of character for most ninja except people like Shusui, Minato, Ay, Naruto, Sasuke, and a select group of others)

Most E-Rank jutsus are known throughout the world, so I'll give you a small list of the ones most ninja should be able to use.
I want to ask, is it okay to add this to the abilities
1. Duplication
2. Transformation
3.Shapeshifitng

Thanks a lot this is helpful
Any time
They can't get Aura suppression?
Cause it can work for some set of other ninjas that are not sensors, like the seven swordsmen of the mist
I meant to say that they can't sense people with aura suppression.
I want to ask, is it okay to add this to the abilities
1. Duplication
2. Transformation
3.Shapeshifitng
Duplication via illusion creation, yes.
Transformation, yes.
Shapeshifting, yes.

i created the part for sensors, still trying to compile the one for illusion and mind manipulation

and also where will this ability fall under

i created the part for sensors, still trying to compile the one for illusion and mind manipulation

and also where will this ability fall under
Minor Illusion creation and statistic amp

The rest obviously can't be applied to every single Shinobi but this should be at the very least. Shinobi's sport "battle spirit" according to the using Kakashi as an example in Kakashi Hiden. R

I could maybe understand a page for the dojutsus—even though there are not too many characters with unique dojutsus (thirty-one thirty-two if only they had Chino, to be exact; majority are Uchiha and Otsutsuki), and these pages are not ruined by including their dojutsu abilities (in fact, they should be there rather than in a Verse-specific Powers and Abilities page)—but a page for shinobi? This suffers from the same issue I mentioned earlier: these abilities are best kept in the actual pages rather than a separate P&A.

Most of these abilities are also just chakra abilities. Why not have a page for chakra instead?

It requires enhanced speed to create the image as if someone was harmed.
It's just Shunshin with another use
Sasuke does not mention that the substitution requires the user to amplify their speed; in fact, quite the opposite—he states that the substitution is initiated using the user's own speed and skill. Also, using speed to create an optical illusion/mirror image of themselves is Afterimage Creation.

I could maybe understand a page for the dojutsus—even though there are not too many characters with unique dojutsus (thirty-one thirty-two if only they had Chino, to be exact; majority are Uchiha and Otsutsuki), and these pages are not ruined by including their dojutsu abilities (in fact, they should be there rather than in a Verse-specific Powers and Abilities page)—but a page for shinobi? This suffers from the same issue I mentioned earlier: these abilities are best kept in the actual pages rather than a separate P&A.

Most of these abilities are also just chakra abilities. Why not have a page for chakra instead?
well a title has not been decided already and its still in work. oh btw i am also working on the dojutsu page

Back