• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Teleportation

Dekoshu

VS Battles
Retired
If a user has actual teleportation, shouldn't the speed attribute include that as instantaneous or something in bold?

Like to differentiate the actual movement speed from fighting, flying, and other actions, you know? So people know it's not the same as running and walking?

For me, there's 2 thing that's count in the speed of the teleportation:

1. The time it take for the person to appear from 1 side to the others. Or in other word: is there a lag between the time they disappear and reappearing again? Is there must be a dematerial and rematerial time for them? If so, how short or how long?

2. The distance in which they travel. That count for how much speed ,that's the distant they take in a certain amount of time, they have. This is heavily rely on the 1st though, since if there's no lag between them, the speed is infinite no matter the >0 transport distance. Conversively, the 1st is also relied on the 2nd for the actual speed.

Example: Say there's a mage that have a teleport spell. That spell could covered the distant of the entire continent. But since this is a complex spell, normally you need an hours to prepare it. So that mean it's going to take 1 hour for them to travel (let say) 10000 km. Which mean the speed is 10000 km/h (If the lag between point is 0). Of course, that speed isn't going to count into combat rather than tranverse speed.

Another example is Kuroko Shirai: She doesn't need any prepare time aside for the time to think, so it's going to take 1 second for her to travel from one side to another. But the distant she could teleport is limited (like 80 m or so, i don't remember). So, at best, she's just going to travel as the speed of 80m/s, or nearly 300 km/h. Unlike the above, since the time for the actual teleportation is small, it could be count into combat speed.

OK. Thank you. Anybody else can answer this about teleportation?

Consecutive teleportation speed if known can be listed as travel speed, aside from that teleportation is in my opinion an ability and no speed.

Since teleportation doesn't rely on reactions one could neither list it as combat speed or reaction speed. Technically it is attack speed probably.

In my opinion except for maybe the travel speed part I would not list it as speed. Otherwise we would also have to give a speed for things like time stop, portal creation etc. and that is just confusing.

I am pretty sure Teleporation can be combined with natural movement, but they can be used separately. You mean it is neither combat nor reaction speed.

Well,most teleportations are useless for combat,but for example Goku's is actually useful,since he can use it in combat as speed advantage

That makes sense. But please explain how most forms of teleporation are useless combat-wise.

^Long set-up time. Either it can't be used without a set condition or having limited of it. Most of the time that the reason it's useless in real combat.

While that is true for most teleportation devices in my opinon it's very useful in combat for most characters whose main ability it is. E.g. Shirai Kuroko, Musujime Awaki, Saraku, Fletcher Renn, Aoi Nogami..

My thought is this:

Teleportation should not apply to speed. It's still limited to their reaction speed unless otherwise stated.

Instead, keep teleportation listed as a separate ability.

Raito Utopia said:
so....
teleport = infinity speed ?
Only if the transport time is 0. There's a bunch of way to teleport from turning to light, portalling or even using quantum physic.

Back