• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About RP Threads

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hey guys. I just wanted to ask about the RP threads. How do they work, and do you need special permission to do something like that? They seemed very interesting and I love doing GM-y stuff and narrating stories, but I'm unsure if I understood how they worked.

I noticed that many (if not all) of them have character sheets akin to our character profiles, is that a requirement? Are the threads age-restricted or can heavy roleplay threads be made?

There's no special process for making one, you just do it, really.

That's just how those work, since it's based on the character-creation process for the RP that kickstarted the current trends. It's not even remotely a requirement, no, it's just something people are used to. Threads follow the same standards as the rest of the wiki, and most stuff you're probably thinking about are either implied or done behind both literal and metaphorical curtains although that doesn't stop people from writing it out in detail off-site.

There is no real requirements or restrictions when creating an RP, it's not like theirs any official rules in the Wiki about RPs and the style of RPs that have been created in the past have varied widely. The only real requirement is to make something that attracts Users attention and makes them want to join.

Also, about the age restriction thing, just make sure its something that wouldn't get you in trouble with Wiki staff and it should be fine.

I see. Thanks for the info! I may do some in a while. Maybe a quest, kind of like those of 4chan, we'll see.

About the age restriction thing, it's good to know as there are some horror roleplaying games that are frankly quite disturbing. I'll avoid them and stick to the basics.

Well, scary or gory stuff isn't an issue as strange as the general standard for this stuff is given how gore is usually quite unnatural but sexual stuff is where the line is drawn

Honestly in some of the RPs we've done already we've had plenty of gore, not alot of scary but plenty of gore. Sexual stuff tho like Hl3 said will get a shut down quick.

Oh, no, that I'm not interested. There are some horror games I've ran that had such themes but only in private servers and stuff. I get uncomfortable otherwise.

But thanks for answering the questions! I'll try to come up with something, maybe tomorrow.

Oh, no, that I'm not interested. There are some horror games I've ran that had such themes but only in private servers and stuff. I get uncomfortable otherwise.

But thanks for answering the questions! I'll try to come up with something, maybe tomorrow.
Ah ok, afaik no ines actually made a Horror RP.

Back