• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Goku's Hax Resistance

Goku legitimately moved in stopped time against Hit, he obviously doesn't have infinite speed but shouldn't that be hax resistence? I think this was disccused before and reached a some kind of conclusion, but what was it?

Just thought it should be listed in his list of Powers and Abilities...

Well, at best it's Possibly minor time skip resistance, at worst, Hits timestop is just that weak it can be overcome like that.

Stopping time can't be considered weak or powerful, you're making it seem like it can be a high tier or a low tier ability. If you overcome time stop, you either have infinite speed, or resistance to that ability.

Timestops can come in different variations of quality.as apparently higher Ki can interfere with Hit's timestop.

We then see Hit powers up and Gokus SSBKKX10 can't move in the timestop.

Timestop can very much come in different levels of power and variations. Hit's seems to be dependent on the level of No he and his opponent can put out.

At best Goku would have resistance to time manipulation, or more specifically time stops. That is the best case scenario that requires more assumptions than I am willing to give, and will be waiting for Hit's return or for DBS to expand on its power sets. Flat out hax resistance though? Nah.

"Higher Ki can interfere with Hit's timestop" That's assuming it's the case here, which is not. Besides, that is only manga exclusive, the Anime is the primary canon.

No, Goku moved again: https://imgflip.com/gif/19z8v3

Hit didn't stop untill he froze him in a glass-like shape.

Conclusion, Goku does indeed have Resistence to time stop.

PostmodernD said:
Timestop can very much come in different levels of power and variations. Hit's seems to be dependent on the level of No he and his opponent can put out.
At best Goku would have resistance to time manipulation, or more specifically time stops. That is the best case scenario that requires more assumptions than I am willing to give, and will be waiting for Hit's return or for DBS to expand on its power sets. Flat out hax resistance though? Nah.
I only said Hax resistance because time stop is a hax, so Goku resisting time stop is resisting a hax. I only forgot to mention the hax I was talking about (which is time stop) so I edited it.

I know I keep saying hax and time stop too much...

Current characters in Dragonball Super have shown hax resistant capabilities considering they block Aura Slide attacks with their bodies.

Aura slide was capable of opening up dimensions, and other sorts of bullshit hax.

It's pretty much safe to assume that they now have hax resistance.

I'd like to me to mention the slight possibility that he could've used his sped to skip ahead in time by the same ammount as Hit. I'd assume that still counts as an unqualifiable MTFL+ feat.

Not at all.

Goku just overwhelmed Hit's Timeskip with his KI (The anime is not very clear, but Manga states that, and it's secondary canon) and then Hit just got stronger until he full have solid Timestop, and, as he became Goku's equal, Goku wasn't able to overhwhelm Hit's time powers.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Not at all.

Goku just overwhelmed Hit's Timeskip with his KI (The anime is not very clear, but Manga states that, and it's secondary canon) and then Hit just got stronger until he full have solid Timestop, and, as he became Goku's equal, Goku wasn't able to overhwhelm Hit's time powers.
Which is why I feel that it would make sense, since when his time skip increased, Goku couldn't keep up.

Of course there isn't really any indication of it.

But if we look at the scene hit used time stop which didn't effect goku then used it again and it did work on goku. To me that doesn't look like hits increase time leap worked on goku. Only after he did it again did it work

Mafuba is the very definiton of a soul sealing attack. And weaker Z characters have resisted/and even reversed it easily. Zamasu gets out of it with ease.

So at least that's an implication that Z characters have resistance against soul sealing/soul attacks.

Creyzi4zb12 said:
Mafuba is the very definiton of a soul sealing attack. And weaker Z characters have resisted/and even reversed it easily. Zamasu gets out of it with ease.

So at least that's an implication that Z characters have resistance against soul sealing/soul attacks.
can you show proof it seals the soul cause i only see a physical body being sealed?

can you show proof it seals the soul cause i only see a physical body being sealed?
I don't think there's any indication of that, but even if it's not a soul resisting attack it's still considered hax resistance.

======= = =
There's also the indication that time-abilities in DragonBall are multiversal.

As shown when Whis reversed time in more than one universe when they were spying with present-Zamasu killing his master.

So Goku resisting time-stop would be a high level of hax resist since time abilities in DBS are multiversal.

Proof that Hit is Multiversal? Hell no.

Even if it was, Goku resisted the Timeskip, just that. Nothing "high level" or anything

As far as I understand, Mafuba seals the person's body, which contains their soul. So technically, yes, it seals souls as a side-effect. But resisting it would not give soul sealing resistance and much less to actual soul attacks, it would give resistance to sealing techniques in general. Zamasu didn't even resist it, he escaped the jar because they didn't have the sealing charm available at the time, so the technique was not complete.

As Aiden said, Hit's ability is a very limited timestop that can be overpowered by stronger people. And since the set of 12 universes are contained in a single timeline, it wouldn't be multiversal even if it were high level time hax.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Proof that Hit is Multiversal? Hell no.

Even if it was, Goku resisted the Timeskip, just that. Nothing "high level" or anything
he didnt say that he said hit time skip affecrts the inter dragon ball multiveres.

Darkmon cns said:
he didnt say that he said hit time skip affecrts the inter dragon ball multiveres.
Indirectly, but he did:

As shown when Whis reversed time in more than one universe when they were spying with present-Zamasu killing his master.

So Goku resisting time-stop would be a high level of hax resist since time abilities in DBS are multiversal.

Indirectly, but he did:

no that is just saying the time skip afects the intier dragon ball multivers.

"So Goku resisting timestop would be a high level of hac resist '''since time abilities in DBS are multiversal'''" Read that slowly please

AidenBrooks999 said:
"So Goku resisting timestop would be a high level of hac resist since time abilities in DBS are multiversal" Read that slowly please
no he saying the range is multivers nothing more.

Multiversal range and Multiversal Scale would just be the same.

Unless you're talking about a different timeline, then no, there's no indication of them being able to do that.

DBS has 12 universes; their time abilities are 12 times higher in scale and/or range (or simply just better) than any fiction with time hax that has only 1 universe in it's single timeline.

=
The purpose of that fact would be, so that there wouldn't be any argument if whether Goku can resist other hax's in different verses (vs matches). This is so that nobody can say "So Goku resisted a time hax ability? Big DEAL! Dragonball hax is nothing compared to the scale of hax "my favorite verse" has." Or say something like "Dragonball has pathetic hax resist. They lose against this type of hax attack"

Coz he's already resisted a time hax that spans over 12 Universes in scale and range. It means he can definitely resist time hax abilities in other verses with 1 universe in a single timeline (or just simply hax).

I'll just go with the main things. Firstly, if scale and range were the same thing, then we'd have them at the thing. Instead, AP and range are different. Secondly, having more universes doesn't mean having greater scale/range. If so, PC Superman would be tier 1-A. Finally, there's no proof that the range of Hit's timestop is even universal. Not to mention that it isn't even a good timestop.

This doesn't make any sense you guys say its bad time stop because it only works on people on his level. But you still gave goku resistance to it so why do all the other characters above Hit not have resistance to it?. And if any of you say more power doesn't beat hax then why does goku have a resistance to it in the first place because that's how he overcame it.

Just because its incredibly limited doesn't mean it's nonexistent. For example, the move Lucky Chant is incredibly small probability manipulation, but it's still probability manipulation.

That didn't answer my question.

Like you guys said his time stop only works on people on his level but if that's the case how come everyone above him do not have resistance to it. Champs even says time stop won't work on him. Also I thought by dufualt any time stop is universal unless shown otherwise.

The real cal howard said:
I'll just go with the main things. Firstly, if scale and range were the same thing, then we'd have them at the thing. Instead, AP and range are different. Secondly, having more universes doesn't mean having greater scale/range. If so, PC Superman would be tier 1-A. Finally, there's no proof that the range of Hit's timestop is even universal. Not to mention that it isn't even a good timestop.
It has bigger scale and range because it has the opportunity to affect more space compared to other verses with only 1 Universe.

It's definitely not a bad timestop. It's actually in line with the top tiers out there. True, it has lesser duration than other kinds of timestop. But it has a bigger range and scale, which compensates a lot for its low duration.

But why would you say it's not a good timestop ability/low level timehax?

And what makes PC Supes timehax better?

It still affects a single timeline, which is what most time stops usually do. Its duration is pretty bad. But it's biggest flaw is that it doesn't work on people who are stronger than him. Most time stops lack that weakness, either an enemy has a resistance/time powers of their own or they are frozen in time.

Actually, since it's a flaw of Hit' technique, it technically shouldn't even be a feat of resistance for Goku, as any fighter stronger than Hit would supposedly be able to do the same. It should simply be noted on his weaknesses.

LazyHunter said:
It still affects a single timeline, which is what most time stops usually do. Its duration is pretty bad. But it's biggest flaw is that it doesn't work on people who are stronger than him. Most time stops lack that weakness, either an enemy has a resistance/time powers of their own or they are frozen in time.

Actually, since it's a flaw of Hit' technique, it technically shouldn't even be a feat of resistance for Goku, as any fighter stronger than Hit would supposedly be able to do the same. It should simply be noted on his weaknesses.
no that just part of dragon ball apparently veres equalization makes it constint.

(don't quote me on this I seen some notable people like ant or cross mention this before so I may not understand it properly)

Sorry, I could have worded that better. I mean that in-universe it's not actually a resistance feat for Goku. I have no issue with it being considered that for vs matches, but even then it's a minor resistance.

It isn't a minor resistence. Goku resisted Hit's Time Stop twice IIRC, maybe more. The only time it worked on Goku after going KK X10 is when he froze him in a glass-like shape WHILE time was stopped

That was his Hakai attack. Goku won't face that. And if he did, it's an existence erasure attack. Not a soul attack. Though the former is arguably better.

LazyHunter said:
==============
It doesn't matter if it's a single timeline, since the timeline of Dragonball covers up a bigger volume compared to others, then it can boast itself as having higher AOE than others. Which is where the timehax having higher scale comes from.

Also, the manga version was kinda weird. A lot of stuff happened in it that didn't happen in the anime. Like Goku not transforming into Kaiokenx10Blue.

The real cal howard said:
That was his Hakai attack. Goku won't face that. And if he did, it's an existence erasure attack. Not a soul attack. Though the former is arguably better.

Yeah, that was my mistake.

Though I think it's kinda weird why Beerus would not use Hakai on Goku

Back