• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About GBE Formula

Just want to know because the page gives a few mixed answers, for calcing GBE of celestial bodies, which method would be the most accurate way to do that?

This page contains all the necessary information about GBE.
No that I know, what I was asking about was which method would be the most accurate?

Mainly cuz I saw that note about Earths GBE having been found with a “more accurate method” so I wasn’t sure if the normal formula was best or if using the calculator was okay

No that I know, what I was asking about was which method would be the most accurate?
To my knowledge, there is only one method, so I'm unsure of any that would be the "most accurate".
Mainly cuz I saw that note about Earths GBE having been found with a “more accurate method” so I wasn’t sure if the normal formula was best or if using the calculator was okay
Mind linking me the note?

To my knowledge, there is only one method, so I'm unsure of any that would be the "most accurate".

Mind linking me the note?

If you go further down the page, there’s some GBE values for some celestial objects listed and under earths value there’s this in parentheses.

List of approximate GBE values for various objects​

• Earth's moon (Luna): 1.24e29J
  • Earth: 2.487e32J (Calculated with a more accurate method than the above formula)
  • OTS 44: 6.906e37J
  • VB 10: 3.139e40J
  • The sun (Sol): 5.693e41J
  • Rigel A: 3.817e42J

Back