• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About destroying/blowing up the earth

How much energy does it take to destroy the earth via splitting the earth in half?

How much energy does it take to blow up the earth instantly?

Thanks for reading.

In any situation it require the Earth GBE as minimal energy needed, unless after the earth is splitted still being in one "piece", in that case in unquantificable with GBE being the highest end.

Okay, so blowing up the earth instantly equals 2.7 Yottatons (high end of 5-B/low end of 5-A) correct?

Also can you please calculate how much energy is needed if the earth took 1 to 2 seconds to blow up?

I appreciate the answers.

Earth GBE is 2.24*10^32 J, that is planet level.

Time is irrelevant, if the earth was one-shot instantly then is planet level; if it took to much the earth explode, most likely we are talking about chain reaction, that is les than the GBE.

I'm guessing that it vaporized or atomized a great portion of the earth, otherwise don't know why it has that raking. Other method that use other member is using the KE of the explosion, a questionable method for me, but is only used in animations and when the planet explode completaly

It would need to be calculated, people generally scale the size and use a video player to find the timeframe; results gererally leads to 5-A+

But in my opinion, that is a questionable method.

Back