• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About DB durability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
So I know that in Dragon Ball AP=durability due an author statement, but, it was interpreted correctly? there has been some inconsistences: Krillin cutting the Frieza's tail, Tien ward off 2nd form Cell, Roshi killing several Frieza's soldiers and Goku, Broly and others could be killed by a big comet (non canon tho); but maybe all those aren't inconsistence/outlier, and no, I don't want to upgrade no one of them, if possible that statement was meaning that with the same energy that can be used to destroy planet can be used to protect of these attacks, but can't equalize those power when they are fighting, that could explain why their resistence seems low when they are hitted when they are fighting and caught of guard. So, I'm asking for someone if has the source when that was statement to analize it a little more.

Krillin cut Freeza's tail off with a Kienzan and the comet was going to kill them through exposure to a vacuum due to planet busting.

I dunno about the rest.

Kienzan was stated to cut everything, though

The Kikoho pushed back Cell because first, he didnt think that Tien can actuallt have something impresive, and then Tien just didnt stop

Roshi killing soldiers... I still thinking than that is NOT an outlier, but that's another think

About the comet, Is ike when Vegeta SSB "died" when the earth was destroyed

"resistence seems low when they are hitted when they are fighting and caught of guard."

SSFP Goku vs Rock throwed by Krilli

Rock is super effective

ˆthere is probably more, but I made this cuz several characters are being setting as planet level striking strength only for that, for example: Nappa has planet level durability cuz he is able to destroying planet, Piccolo's punches are able to hurt Nappa so Piccolo's stricking strength is planet level. Also, the exposure to vacuum was said there or was assumed that the comet wouldn't kill them? I know that was stated by Frieza that Goku, if he won't die in the explotion, he would die in the vacuum, but a planet explotion (core explotion) is much less that being obliretad by a enormeus comet

Nappa isn't planet level. He's small planet level.

Besides, Nappa thrashed Piccolo effortlessly. Piccolo only managed to hurt him when he dropped his guard.

Their stats are scaled to the fact that, with how most fights in Dragon Ball go - straight-up fighting with no surprise attacks - a character's defense should be at its peak, which would be around equal to their AP. Within canon, yes, the character's durability drops when they're distracted / have let their guard down / etc., but for all intents and purposes, in a straight-up fight, their durability should stay at its peak.

Otherwise, they'd all be pulped by casual blows from comparable opponents.

Closing this thread. It is a controversial mess of a topic that isn't going to go anywhere.

mmm... I was pretty sure that he was planet level... anyway, people are assuming cuz he is small planet level, he is small planet level durability, and anyone who is able to hurt him would be small planet striking strength, that is why I'm looking for the statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back