• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About battles with speed equalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Aizen. We already have sufficiently tight regulations as it is.

I think I have an idea how about when adding victories and losses for matches that had speed equalised we state that the only reason the character lost or won was due to speed equalization?

Derpmaster9000 said:
I think I have an idea how about when adding victories and losses for matches that had speed equalised we state that the only reason the character lost or won was due to speed equalization?
Don't we already do that?

So, since the staff seems to agree, should we close this thread?

For the reasons above, a better idea for this is to make not make all forms of speed equalized, but just reaction speeds between characters only.

The difference between reaction speed and combat speeds is that:

• reaction speed allows only for one movement during a specific tumeframe
  • combat speed allows for multiple movements during a specific timeframe
Making matches this way, it allows for:

• a slower character to have a chance to perceive/react to opponents that are much faster
  • a faster opponent to retain their speed advantage, as their actual combat/travel speed will still be faster than the opponent
It's similar to the Super Smash Bros situation where a slower character can still keep up/deal with with a much faster character if the player itself can react quickly enough to the opponent's attacks.

If this cannot be implemented, I will be agreeing with the reasons stated above that not equalizing speed will turn most battles in the same tier into utter stomp matches. This will lessen the number of potential matchups between characters within the same tier.

These battles probably should not be added to the wins and losses section in the profile pages however.

@Lina sorry, but that sounds too complex to expect everyday members to follow, and it's really just not neccessary.

I don't think anything else is going to be added to this convo so I guess i'll end it then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back