• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"a very small" Soul Eater Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry this took so long, I've been procrastinating as heck and was super busy so I couldn't get this out sooner, but here it is.

Major, major thanks to @Kachon123, @KingTempest, @Cyberblader90 and @XDragnoir for their contributions with organization, calcs, and their input on everything, I genuinely couldn't have done it without them.

(Ignore the title of the blog, it was originally supposed to be a PTS revision, but I just decided to merge them together)

I only revised current profiles - I didn't make any new profiles. I don't really care enough to make any profiles but if I were to that'd be later down the line (never)

Agree: @KingTempest , @LordGriffin1000
Disagree:

Last edited:
Giriko doesn't have a profile, but even if he did - she isn't very strong physically. She excels in mental magic/madness magic which is why she's so strong and feared.

Bruh, my name shouldn't be in the OP, I just bitched about the scaling most of the time, thanks tho.

I agree with everything, good job everyone. Now let's have some skill fights with Black Star

Ok

This is incredible

I wanna write a rewrite for Star's justification when I manage to get back home, but yee
Alright I'm back home

So my issue is that there's no noticeable difference between Black Star at the end of the 1st half and the start of the 2nd half, and then the split of strength from the main 3 cast members during the war on the moon

Black Star's constant strength​

Black Star in his Mifune fight and Black Star in his Stein fight are equal in strength. They're the same person.
Star was still healing from his injuries in chapter 62 and fought 6-B Stein in 63 in a very short timespan, said timespan being end of 62 being when Soul eats his 100th soul (Star is pretty much 99%), and the start of 63 being their instant training.
Mifune should scale to 6-B.

War on Moon​

Kid with his lines of Sanzu scale to the feat in the previous arc of him fighting Madness Kid, putting him on continental.
Here's where the scaling falters.

Here's Black Star vs Madness Kid. Here's Madness Black Star vs Madness Kid. Here's Madness Black Star vs Madness 1 Line Kid.

We can see the strength gaps between those are very minimal.

But here is Madness Kid with 2 lines. Although tired, these are relevant feats, as these are the feats that drew out his exhaustion.
Kaguya harms him. White Rabbit harms him. This is 2 line kid, stronger than the 1 line who fought Star.

But we see that Black Star's raw physicals are superior to the likes of the fused clown, said clown that's those 2 previous clowns merged with moonlight.

War Star > Fused Clowns >>> Individual Clowns ~ Madness 2 Line Kid > Madness 1 Line Kid ~ Previous Star

There's a big difference in strength. BOT Star shouldn't be equal to War Star.

I think he should backscale, scaling to Stein who scales to Justin who scales to Auntie who scales to Kaguya and Moonlight.
Stein's soul menace destroyed White Rabbit.
The clowns could scale to 1/3rd of their fused yield, which is strong enough to harm Black Star with a blast (or is at least implied to).

20230719_192853.jpg

Okay KT should I should continue this CRT w/o him and that he will make a CRT eventually fixing it up since he's really busy (and sick :().

So let's continue with this thread.

What other staff are willing to evaluate. I've mentioned so many staff at this point, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

I actually ment to comment on this before, agree with most of this, barring the stuff the more knowledgeable members commented on.
Thank you. The major changes were just small edits, and KT said he'd make a separate CRT regarding what needs to be changed.

I'll start editing the profiles shortly.

Hello.

You are required to fix the formatting of ALL the pages that you severely messed up when editing them recently. This includes always using tier templates, proper naming procedures for striking strength and stamina sections, and correcting all dead references so they work properly.

Huh..

How exactly did I mess them up? This was my first time doing major changes to profiles, I was told to just copy and paste them from my blog through the source code?
Hello.

You are required to fix the formatting of ALL the pages that you severely messed up when editing them recently. This includes always using tier templates, proper naming procedures for striking strength and stamina sections, and correcting all dead references so they work properly.

Edit: oh nvm I see.

I didn't touch the stamina sections. All I messed up were the Tier Templates. I can fix the Tier Templates, but everything else is due to (Stein's for example) poorly poorly formatted profile prior to my edits.

Also I thought Striking Strength was Class instead of Level?

Alright then, later tonight (or tomorrow) I'll edit the Tier Templates and SS.

As for the references, how do I fix them? I copied them straight from my blog so I'm not sure why they don't work

.As for the references, how do I fix them? I copied them straight from my blog so I'm not sure why they don't work
It's because they aren't under a specific name. Example the first reference on his page is...

<ref name="Soul Cancelling">Soul Eater: Chapter 2</ref>

This is good. However, the second reference is just...

<ref name=":13" />

This is not good. It needs to be in the same format as the first I mentioned for it to be valid. That's why it says Cite error: Invalid <ref> tag; no text was provided for refs named :13. You need to use the proper formats for the ones with that error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back