• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Vampire Hunter Faces a New Target

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Kind of a trope-ish fight, but... In any case, skip to the end for the match!
--------
The boat creaked as it approached the shoreline.

It was a large, weathered old ship of decades past, decomissioned from its original military purposes when current advancements in technology made it largely obsolete, but still relevant enough to be a cheap way to travel. Passengers were brought from across the sea to America in pursuit of opportunity. The situation in the old country wasn't good for most of those desperate-eyed men and women; they sought refuge from poverty and war. This was an opportunity for a new future.

As the ship's prow broke through the last meters of water that separated it from its landing point, orders and alerts were barked to the sailors and passengers. Gather their luggage, prepare themselves for boarding. They had come to their new home. Luckily for him, the cowled stranger travelled lightly, and he barely needed anything to live by. With a leather bag strapped to his back, he silently followed the rest of the crowd down to the docks. With just a few hours of sleep and a mo after a generous tip to a discreet innkeeper by the more recluse part of the town, a modest meal was all that the stranger took before he once again took the road, going alongside a caravan as a hired guard. His solid frame, politeness and visible, if unorthodox weaponry made for a convincing offer.

The journey took just a few days less than two weeks before they came close to the region of Fairmont, finally arriving at their destination. The stranger refused his pay, stating that the protection he received alone and the privilege of travelling by horse made the offer good enough as it was. He, in truth, wasn't attempting to be polite. He truly didn't care about the money, and only cared for the fact that they made his travels shorter, less tiring and safer. He needed all safety and energy he could muster for his following task.

Once in Fairmont, he set up camp outside of the city and spent the last few hours of sunlight preparing himself, scouting ahead and chatting with the townsfolk. Luckily, the corruption hadn't set yet, and if he was quick, he could avoid the suffering that would surely follow by its presence. He only took himself to action when the dawn was merely one or two hours away.

Travelling through the wilderness was easier said than done, but the full moon helped by the pale light it gleamed with, and the man was used to the baten side paths that so often appeared in somewhat visited wilds, especially those that lacked any dense vegetation. It didn't take too long until he found his objective: A wide cave, of unusually cold air and a foul stench that suggested rotten flesh. With a momentaneous grimace, the stranger thrust himself into the dark.

The cave was wide and, in the absence of light, could be thought of as a mere cove for a wild predator, with that putrid scent in the air. But the stranger knew how to see in the dark, and he could see the human bones, the regal, if sparse, wooden furniture that decorated the place, the vials of scarlet fluid.

And the coffin in the center of the room.

With quiet steps, the stranger approached the coffin, his right hand clasping a wooden stake. His hand slowly raised to a hammer grip, and when close enough, he suddenly lunged to the coffin, his wooden stake ready to strike...

... But there was nothing. The padded, violet interior had nothing inside. The stranger paused, having considered the hypothesis. Before he could turn around, what he feared that would happen came to be:

- You are no normal human, are you?

The stranger turned around, facing a man who stood against the pale moon at the cave's entrance. A tall, lithe man of elegant demeanor, clothed in fine silk and of a noble, if fierce expression. However, merely being close to that man and acknowledging him made the stranger sick. A sickly aroma of blood tinted the air. His hand moved quickly, and he grasped the crossbow installed by his belt, not yet drawing it, but ready to do so, a bolt preemptively loaded.

- Rakosi. - The stranger spoke, a raspy voice that carried more weight and age than his body suggested. - I have been searching for you, old devil. I thought you had disappeared more than a century ago.

- And I see you are a Helsing. - Rakosi's voice echoed distastefully, as if he had just savoured expired food. - The pests of your line have troubled many of my kind in the old country. I thought that, here, I might have some peace by being away from the likes of you. Sadly, I can see that flies follows man wherever they go.

- All that the people of my family have done was to purge the world from the wickedness you so willingly perpetrate, you fiend. - Van Helsing claimed, finally unclasping the crossbow and readying it, the aim ready at Rakosi's head, who still stood, with arms crossed, paying as much attention to the crossbow as one would pay to a toy gun wielded by a kid. - I've heard you met Dracula in England, that you had returned to activity. I followed your tracks, hoping that it was just some deluded fool that did something foolish rather than a century-old legend that terrorized people from the times of my grandfathers. Turns out I'll be part of the legend, as the punctuation that marks the ending.

- You truly are a deluded fool through and through. - Rakosi claimed, his eyes glinting in red, finally uncrossing his arms, his posture that of a feral beast. - You think you can match me, mortal? Thus far you had the luck of facing lowly abominations and creatures of the night - but today, you face a king! A master of darkness! I'll feed on your blood and make you my servant! Prepare for the end of your career, Helsing!

-----------
Van Helsing

V.S.

Bela Rakosi

The fight takes place on a large, dark cave with furniture and some rocky obstacles, but mostly open. They start 20 meters apart.

RULES:
1. Base Movie version for Van Helsing, and he isn't allowed to transform.

2. If needed, speed may be equalized, but I don't think it should be necessary.

3. SBA otherwise.

Initially I thought it was the original Van Helsing from the book.

First, since this is movie VH, I assume he doesn't have the equipment whose pictures come from the cartoon (I've never watched neither the movie nor the toon).

That said, how much skilled is VH and what does he start with? In that case, which weapons are holy?

Give the distance, I assume he would start shooting and Rakosi would either try to dodge them (he has the speed necessary to do it, then it falls down to VH's aim and Rakosi's skill in dodging) our just run through them, believing that such common weapons can't do anything to him.

If some bullets or darts are holy, and Rakosi tries to tank them, he's pretty much dead (given his weakness to crosses), or at least would be both injured and incredibly afraid, becoming an easy victim.

If Rakosi manages to get close, he might successfully overpower Van Helsing with his far greater LS, however VH has some skill and knowledge with close combat from what I see, and he has those spinning handblades that might be difficult to deal with.

According to his equipment page, his throwing knives (Holy Kunai) are holy though seeing as to how he's a vampire hunter, I'd be surprised if his bullets aren't coated in garlic (I think Blade does something like that)

Also for close combat, he has a Collapsible Silver Stake (I could've sworn you only needed wooden ones), a Holy Crucifix, and a Vatican Sword

All that stuff seems to come either from the cartoon or the game, this is movie-only Van Helsing.

Also yes, usually silver is associated with werewolves, and wood is enough for vampires, at least in the classic depiction, but authors may change the rules in their work.

All that stuff seems to come either from the cartoon or the game, this is movie-only Van Helsing.

Also yes, usually silver is associated with werewolves, and wood is enough for vampires, at least in the classic depiction, but authors may change the rules in their work.
They really should split the equipment section then. Does he at least still have the crucifix in the movie? Because the only equipment I remember of movie Van Helsing is his crossbow and grappling hook

So here's the scene where Carl gives VH his equipment. Garlic, crucifix, and Holy Water are present

VH's knowledge along with experience and equipment would mean that he probably has the edge on Rakosi. And while this isn't a complete stomp since he would probably start with his crossbow, he'll probably realize what he's doing wrong and try to use any of his above equipment to try to subdue Rakosi.

One vote for Vampire Hunter

Not a match for a Versus thread, more like a Fun and Games one, but I wonder how it'd go if Rakosi had the time to set up an entire village of people enthralled to him, and Helsing didn't know exactly his location, just that he was on the region and that the village might be under his control...

It'd make an interesting storyline, not gonna lie.

Not a match for a Versus thread, more like a Fun and Games one, but I wonder how it'd go if Rakosi had the time to set up an entire village of people enthralled to him, and Helsing didn't know exactly his location, just that he was on the region and that the village might be under his control...

It'd make an interesting storyline, not gonna lie.
Is Rakosi's hypnosis reversible?

Not that I am aware of. I don't doubt it as it wasn't even attempted by anyone, but every time Rakosi hypnotized someone, the only way people ever came back to normal was with him dying. That is, when they didn't resist it, such as Molnar.

Not that I am aware of. I don't doubt it as it wasn't even attempted by anyone, but every time Rakosi hypnotized someone, the only way people ever came back to normal was with him dying. That is, when they didn't resist it, such as Molnar.
Anyway the reason I asked that was because if there is a chance for the hypnosis to be reversed, VH would be less inclined to kill the hypnotized minions.

Anyway Rakosi probably takes it if he's accompanied by an entire village of minions

So here's the scene where Carl gives VH his equipment. Garlic, crucifix, and Holy Water are present

VH's knowledge along with experience and equipment would mean that he probably has the edge on Rakosi. And while this isn't a complete stomp since he would probably start with his crossbow, he'll probably realize what he's doing wrong and try to use any of his above equipment to try to subdue Rakosi.

One vote for Vampire Hunter

If he actually carries those with him, then I see him winning more times than not, having experience with vampires weak to such weapons means he's going to use them rather soon imho.

Back