• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Tale of Souls and Swords

I check the clac he scales to and it only puts him at a little under 2x ap unless there is a new clac I didn't look for

Aside from AP, does Aegislash have any defense for Soul Wave or Evil Seed? A.K.A Nightmare going "Watch This!"

I don't know what we treat shadows as, also do you have a scan of evil seed/soul wave I know it's from legends and I vaguely remember a cutscene, but I can't seem to it anywhere.

I didn't realize the Nightmare Critical K.O in SCIV was soul wave.

Not sure I buy that working on something almost twice as strong as Nightmare; Seigfried is comparible to him and the other guys are just nameless soldiers. Especially in their duel at the beginnning of SCV Seigfried won and this move was not used.

I gonna assume Aegislash gets teleportation from shadow sneak even though that's not really how shadow sneak works; I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to avoid soul wave.

Siegfried specifically combats him because Soul Caliber grants him resistance to soul destruction

For god sakes that's literally the plot of the game.

And Aegislash doesn't resist it, unlike Siegfried so.....

Watch This GG

So the argument is that because this move worked on some nameless soldiers who we have no reason to believe are comparible to nightmare let alone to Aegislash we should just say that it will work on Aegislash. That sounds dumb to me.

No the argument is more "If literally every single character can't fight Nightmare without getting their soul destroyed, then strength clearly means nothing"

Which, it doesn't, being physically stronger doesn't protect your soul.

Not seeing why it wouldn't

After all it's targeting his soul and destroying it, not his body

Wasn't this an example of a Soul Wave as well?

Zasalamel getting overwhelmed by it should be plenty of proof that it works on more than just "nameless soldiers".

Gargoyle One said:
Not seeing why it wouldn't

After all it's targeting his soul and absorbing it, not his body
FTFY.
The only being in SC that can actually "destroy" souls is Night Terror.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Wasn't this an example of a Soul Wave as well?
Zasalamel getting overwhelmed by it should be plenty of proof that it works on more than just "nameless soldiers".
That would be something I was looking for.

honestly if it was just another person I wouldn't have said anything, but aegislash being a soul that has taken the shape of a sword and shield makes me feel like it would work a bit differently, but whatever works I guess.

Aegislash isn't a soul that has taken that shape. He's a soul that has possessed a sword and shield.

I hadn't initially voted yet, so I dunno why my name is up there.

Although at this point, I'm voting for Nightmare due to everything that's been presented, so I guess you can leave it as it is.

Back