• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Question About Tiers

I have been on the wiki for long enough to understand tiers and know how to use them properly, but I need to understand a few more things about them before I am satisfied. I will go by each tier and if I want to know something about that tier, I will ask about it.

11: I understand this one

10: Human level. I have a few questions about this level. A human is said to be 100 joules or an athlete is said to be up to 200 joules. A calorie is said to be the energy needed to raise 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celsius. A calorie is about 4.2 joules. 200 joules = 47.6 calories. This is raising 47.6 grams of water by one degree. A 100 kg human's body weight is 60% water so this is 60 kg. 47.6 grams/60 kg = 0.0004. So 200 joules is the energy needed to raise all the water in the human body by 0.0004 degrees Celsius. The temperature of the body fluctuates way more than that on a daily basis. So by saying 200 joules is enough to kill a human does not seem to be true.

So I found this article: https://sputniknews.com/infographics/20100330158366444/ that said from a 1 kg of tnt blast, fatalities were possible in 1 meter. We will say this is normal human level. The average surface area of a human is 1.9 m^2, so the side facing the explosion will be 0.9 m^2 to be conservative. The surface area of the blast with radius 1 meter is about 12.6 m^2. 0.9m^2/12.6 m^2 = 0.07. Energy released by 1 kg tnt = 4.2 megajoules. 4.2 megajoules times 0.07 = 294,000. So an average human can take 294,000 joules+ of energy. Not 200 joules. The question is: Why is the value for human level at 200 joules?

Tiers 8-5: I have no questions

Tier 4: Everything looks reasonable up to 4-B and 4-A. So I did a calculation of the energy needed to make a black hole that has the event horizon the size of the Milky Way. It is around 3*10^47 kilograms. In order to create this, you would need 2.7*10^64 joules. Amazing and definetly galactic, right? According to this wiki that's only Multi Solar System level. Please explain how a black hole that is larger than the Milky Way itself is not galactic level.

• The largest galaxy is IC 1101, which is 3 million LY in radius. A black hole that big would be 2*10^49 kg or 1.8*10^66 joules.That BARELY makes it into Galactic level. And IC 1101 is the largest galaxy so far, not just an average sized galaxy.
The last thing that needs clarification is Multi Galaxy level (3-B). The energy of the entire observable universe, if converted entirely into energy, is only at this level (2*10^69 joules). Maybe if that was close to the upper bound, it would be okay, but it isn't since the upper bound is 10^92 joules. How can converting the entire universe to energy and destroying all structures within it in the process not count as a universe level feat? In addition, how can one even achieve 10^92 joules because even if there was a giant multiverse it would take 10^23 universes to create this amount, and that's only the lower bound for universe level. So to destroy 1 universe takes 10^23 universes?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.

Back