• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about the pokemon profiles.

So I have a few questions regarding the pokemon profiles, are they based only on the games or are they composite with the anime/manga,etc? Thanks in advance for answering.

I see. I dont want to sound like I dick, but may I ask the reasoning behind that? I just find it weird considering how much the anime, manga and card game contrdict the games.

They're based on a composite of virtually every pokemon media including cards I think,as for where this was agreed upon I do not know as I wasn't on the wiki during that time.

Because Pokemon is a multiverse and the anime and manga are all considered canon, just lesser levels of it compared to the games.

I would ask Cal though, he'd give you an answer thats a 1000x better than what I can.

@Ercosore Well, this is an inconsistent verse, but as always characters having their stats interpreted differently ends up being irrelevant next to those still being the same characters+consistent feats.

They still have outliers such being FTL.

Eficiente said:
@Ercosore Well, this is an inconsistent verse, but as always characters having their stats interpreted differently ends up being irrelevant next to those still being the same characters+consistent feats.
They still have outliers such being FTL.
Thats only for pokemon who aren't the god tiers and Gen 7 Legendaries. Otherwise thats right.

@Prof I wish I could follow this verse properly. I got so frustrated after PKMN Y that I decided to not keep up.

I mean I get the fact that pokemon its a multiverse and that the anime and the manga are part of that multiverse, but its precisly because of that that I dont get why they scall to each other, since just because a pokemon can do something in the anime universe doesnt mean it can do it in the games universe, since they follow different internal logic by virtue of being different continuities.

Like we dont scale the MCU to the main 616 universe despite being part of the same multiverse, because they are a different interpretation of said universe with their own feats, so I dont get why we cant do that for Pokemon.

Or maybe I dont know what I am talking about, I am still kinda new in this site after all.

Just ask Cal about it because something like this came up before with a very big thread and this was explained.

Or just ask him to reply here. Either one.

The first was a good point, but the equalization was wrong. The universes in the Marvel multiverse aren't as parallel as they sometimes claim, and are purposely built and used differently. In Pokémon the species have the same name, same moves, same behaviors, same basic scaling with other Pokémon, same Pokedex facts, etc. , all Pokémon aren't mean to be different from his versions of another universe.

And then you have Pokémon who come from other universes so...

Back