• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about durability

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
When thinking about the durability of a character, we use the what he can survive (a building level attack, continent, universal, whatever), well, if a character, for example, can tank, lets say, 1000 (just a veery high number) building level attacks before going down, can his durability be beyond building level?

As a better example of what I'm asking, for example, Whitebeard from OP, yeah, his durability is Large Island level, but he can be damaged by individuals many many times below that, so, if a random marine stabbed the old man I dont know, one billion times until reaching that "Large island level" of joules little by little... what, he dies?

I hope you can understand me.

I think we would consider that stamina, although if the first attack did nothing, and they explicitly stated that the damage of the attacks was accumulating, (as opposed to 999 weak attacks then 1 super strong one) then maybe.

But damage accumulation doesn't really work like that usually, think of taking a million pokes as opposed to a single punch, the punch would hurt a lot more.

Blahblah9755 said:
I think we would consider that stamina, although if the first attack did nothing, and they explicitly stated that the damage of the attacks was accumulating, (as opposed to 999 weak attacks then 1 super strong one) then maybe.
But damage accumulation doesn't really work like that usually, think of taking a million pokes as opposed to a single punch, the punch would hurt a lot more.
I have seen people sucessfully argue though that characters who can mega speed blitz but have attack power thats lower than the enemies durability still win because they wil eventually wear the enemy down.

There must be some line to be drawn there too, because I suppose your attacks must be capable of doing at leas some damage beyond the enemies ability to heal, but its not clearly defined.

Sometimes if someone has much higher speed but lower strength they can wear the person down, but there is a certain level where speedblitzing means nothing with dura high enough. A Wall Level is never going to harm someone with Universe Level durability. The gap is far too high. Each attack would literally feel like nothing. Not even process as a feeling.

I am not sure if there is some universally agreed upon line in which someone can break down dura with blitz, or when the gap is far too large. Often it seems like something that is more discussed on a case by case basis.

Back