• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A profile for the Party Cube?

I was considering this, but I want some input on whether or not it's a good idea.

So, what is the Party Cube? Well, it's a... thing in Mario Party 4. https://www.mariowiki.com/Party_Cube

Here's the intro that also conveniently includes some menu footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VlM9McKDp0

Here's the credits that show the 5 board hosts finding it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH1YD_ieJr4 It also shows, at the end, & as the only part in colour & motion, the Party Cube leaving, by flying into the distant sky. To outer space, maybe?

Anyway, the point is, this thing has a few feats.

1. In its introduction, it's found on top of a Warp Pipe, by Toad, Koopa, Shy Guy, Goomba & Boo, who then... draw on it? Carve on it? In the intro, we can see these up close. What do you think?

CarvingsMarkingsOrDrawings
This matters because in the ending credits, we can see the Party Cube remove itself suggesting either self-cleaning, or some form of Regenerationn. We can see the implements used to make these markings, but what implements isn't very clear.
2. In the intro, it flies in, while inside a large present bag. Flight.

3. Said bag explodes, creating a visible burst of air or shockwave that passes over the characters who react in surprise to this. Presumably, the burst has physicality & was omnidirectional, so the Party Cube probably probably survived this. Durability feat?

As mentioned, it flies away into the sky -perhaps into space?- in the ending credits. This could provide Travel Speed at least, perhaps movement speed. You can see the feat here: https://youtu.be/wH1YD_ieJr4?t=4m13s I don't know how fast this is, though.

5. All the game modes and boards seem to take place inside of the Party Cube. Technically, boards are entered while already inside the Party Cube, each via a present box, the inside of which is typically glowing. Also, most board hosts claim to have created these boards. Toad, Koopa, Shy Guy, Goomba, Boo, as well as Koopa Kid, & potentially Whomp & Thwomp, going by the Extra Room.

Even if you counted only the boards encountered in Story Mode, that's 6 boards in total. In the entire game, there's sixty Mini-Games.

Going by the backgrounds, Shy Guy's Jungle Jam contains multiple mountains, & Bowser's Gnarly Party seems to contain at least one mountain as well, or at least a volcano.

By that alone, assuming things objects inside the Party Cube are comparable to real objects, I would rate it as At Least 7-A.

After all, if it can contain at least 1, if not more mountains, shouldn't we assume destroying takes at least that much force?

Of course, I have no idea if this is any basis for AP. At best, you could say it can create matter with that level of power, but only inside itself. So maybe you could apply such a tier to the Party Cube, but it can only apply such AP to things inside of it?? (Also, the board hosts claiming they creating the boards means it may not be an entirely independent feat. It's not entirely clear.)

Lastly, during each character's ending in Story Mode, you can see a Power Star, as its Birthday Gift to that character, creates a constellation in their likeness. Besides being a supporting feat for Power Stars, this would imply the Party Cube can contain whole constellations.

It does look like there's stars in the sky, so maybe this counts as evidence of the Party Cube being able to contain a Starry Sky?

Although, these constellations can be viewed in the Present Room. I'm uncertain if they're actually in a starry sky in that case, but maybe the cutscene is evidence enough. Your thoughts?

But yeah. As you can see, I would like input on a lot of the above-mentioned things. Thank you for replies &/or input given.

Anyways in all seriousness, as long as those stars are real and there's actual proof that the Party Cube created them, I'm fine with a 4-A rating for it.

@The real cal howard @Ryukama, @Arrogant Schmuck: Well, I feel like an idiot now. I suppose I just said that because it was sort of a minimum. Lemme just edit that out.

That embarassing mistake aside, would you be willing to provide any other input or opinion on this? Please? Or did you just come here to point out my mistakes & laugh at me?

Adding to my embarassment, I also forgot to mention:

Should a profile be made, should The Party Cube be considered a "weapon" or a "character"? It arguably displays some agency, but its intelligence & motives are unclear.

@Imaginym Nah nothing to feel bad about at all. Just a simple, meaningless mistake. Don't sweat it.

I wasn't laughing at you either. I'm very sorry if I came across that way. I just wanted to piss off Cal tbh. And I gave my legit thoughts right afterwards.

"Anyways in all seriousness, as long as those stars are real and there's actual proof that the Party Cube created them, I'm fine with a 4-A rating for it."

Also I think weapon is more appropriate.

Ahhh. Also, my bad about missing your response the first time.

Anyway, I'm uncertain the Party Cube created the stars. They're only visible inside the cutscene when a Power Star creates a constellation, but it seems like stars are visible before stars are gathered and the constellation is made.

PowerStarsAndStars
You can see the stars in the background.

It could be possible the Power Star created them... but then again, given that we see it amass those stars & reform them into a constellation moments later, it's possible they already existed inside The Party Cube.
At the very least, if that's not valid, we might be able to fall back on the assumptions from the scenery of the boards. (Or maybe just assume 3-A or Low 2-C if we assume each board is a world all its own, lol.)

Or if it created the Minigames independently, I'm pretty sure at least 1 Minigame (The Great Deflate) shows sunlight, so assume creation of a sun?

Also, any opinions on if the Party Cube was cleaning itself or regenerating in the ending cutscene?

There's also whether there's any reason to assume it's tier for creating stuff applies inside &/or outside of the Party Cube itself. And by extension, I suppose maybe finding a way to give the Party Cube a tier in regards to dealing with outside of itself.

The joke was that I was going to change the entire tiering system for the sole purpose of making sure Cal was wrong out of spite. Not to make fun of you.

Nah. It should only be 4-A unless we see galaxies or if it's stated to be a universe/universe sized.

Also have you asked DRB about this yet?

Thank you for the clarification on those matters.

I considered asking Dino Ranger Black, but I wasn't confident he'd reply, as he hasn't been active since the 11th. Over a week ago. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Dino_Ranger_Black

Do you think there's any basis for considering any of the boards contained in the Party Cube as galaxy or universe-sized? Frankly, I'm unsure, & am quite fine with whatever rating just a bunch of stars, a sun, or even a single mountain would yield.

Not a problem at all.

DRB is the most knowledgable on Mario though, and would give much better answers for this. At least message him, if he doesn't respond soon, then oh well.

I've put a message on his message wall. I suppose in the meantime, we can wait for Cal & others to input, & other matters should be discussed like if the Party Cube is regenerating or self-cleaning, & if its agency -doing so, spontaneously changing size, & flying away as the board hosts are chasing it- are basis enough for it being a character rather than a weapon profile.

Then again, I'm not sure on how character & weapon profiles are distinguished anyway.

Hopefully this isn't a too, tiring, dull or distracting thread for you.

It's not tiring, dull or distracting at all. I just have nothing else to say besides what I already have unfortunately. That's why I wanted you to ask DRB.

I haven't quite understand, but if the feat is creating a lot of stars and constellations the feat is High 4-C, if it created a pocket dimension with them then is 4-A

@TriforcePower1: I'd say it's uncertain. The stars can be seen in the cutscene(s) that show for a character at the end of their story mode. Those stars being already present in the cutscene suggests they exist within The Party Cube, as part of The Party Cube.

But it's not certain TPC made the stars.

And the Power Star that appears in the cutscene is what amasses the stars & turns them into constellations.

So I suppose maybe TPC created some stars, based on the implications of the scenery? Whether TPC made any constellations is a lot more up to argument, but a Power Star definitely made at least 1 constellation.

Sorry to drone on.

I'm sorry for the long reply, I had an exam I couldn't ignore. How long were you waiting? About The Party Cube, I was always under the impression that it happened in the real world. If the ending happened in the Party Cube to begin with, then that would make it 4-A since the the Party Cube is large enough to contain mutiple stars. But is there really any reason to make a profile for the Party Cube? It's not a character nor a weapon......for combat, I mean. It's just a present that happens to contain a world where the characters can party in. It's basically like making a profile for the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from the DBZ franchise.....I don't think it's necessary.

@Dino Ranger Black No worries, business is understandable, & the wait was roughly a day or less, apparently, anyway. Anyhow, I greatly appreciate your input! Thanks!

In any case, though, technically, the Party Cube contains the boxes that are entered inside the Party Cube to go to the boards, & for those such boards, the board hosts claim to have created them. Presumably, TPC was involved in the creation of those boards, of course.

But yes, the constellation-creation cutscenes do seem to happen within The Party Cube but not within any of the boards contained within.

IMHO, it displays some arguable agency. Its origin is shown via the ending credits that show what was before the events of MP4's Story Mode: The Party Cube is found at a Warp Pipe, & after being drawn on, it expands to a great size, & The Board Hosts acquire their outfits.

Later during the credits, the events after the main story are shown, The Party Cube is flying away from the board hosts chasing after it at ground level. It removes the drawings from itself, before taking off at remarkable speed into the sky/horizon.

I'd say there's some case for it showing some independence.

Even ignoring what it contains, it arguably has a few small feats... but I understand your point that it's shown little indication of being for combat. Any opinions?

I see, but such little feats to go by, I don't think it's enough to warrant a profile. I apologize but I really don't see what we can include for it beyond the fact it's large enough to hold such a realm. Despite being an object, it feels more like making a profile for a location. I can't really say it's worth making a profile for.......

That seems fair & reasonable. When excluding what it contains, it has a speed feat, an implied durability feat, & arguably an AP feat based purely on scaling (Knocking away Boo when it expanded in size.) so I can see the matter of it lacking feats.

It could be argued it's a location with some independence, but I doubt that's justification enough. Thanks for your input.

Back