• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A "new" (self-evident) editing rule

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

It seems like we may have overlooked writing down the following editing rule, despite that it is very important for how our our wiki fundamentally works:

"When making sweeping or extremely significant changes to an established and/or popular character or verse, please make a Content Revision Thread first so that it may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large to ensure that it falls within our guidelines."

Are the rest of you okay with adding this, or do we already have another version of this text written down, and I simply overlooked it?

Well, it's in the discussion rules. But writing it in the editing rules would make more sense i think

Okay. Thank you for noticing it. It might be best to keep the regulation in both pages, given how important it is.

I don't know if writing it in both the discussion and editing rules is useful, given that if someone wants to make a edit they will probably check only the editing rules.

But at the end of the day it doesn't change much. I just think that it makes more sense to place it in the ER

Back