• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A mute, a television demon, an alien, and Death walk into a bar

(If it matters, Zain doesn't have a future to be read at all, so the vast majority of precognitions wouldn't really work on him. Or on anyone else in New Farwatch, for that matter. It's a pretty big plot point that most of the story takes place in Omega specifically because it is the only world left in which the future is not pre-determinable, specifically because things like the Sephiroth are in it.)

I believe SOL's precog is more analytical.

Yeah, SOL's precog is based off of analysis and works against Starcross characters, who don't have any future either.

Define 'analytical'? Like, in what sense? What can and can't she foresee coming, and would what she can and can't see coming be ascertainable via digging around in the Yesod for stray/discarded memories and such?

ThePerpetual said:
Define 'analytical'? Like, in what sense? What can and can't she foresee coming, and would what she can and can't see coming be ascertainable via digging around in the Yesod for stray/discarded memories and such?
As in, looking at the opponent and predicting their moves, so I believe.

What SOLSTICE can see coming is based on what she's already seen and analyzed from a person. She reads their personality, figures out their abilities and tactics, and predicts their actions based on this. She can't predict something she doesn't know; it takes time.

Well, the only question is, can they do it?

Precisely.

Any arguments to be made first?

SOL probably jobs, honestly. She's going to be off her game, and it'll only get worse once she realizes she's been set up to fail, and that Vayla was working together with others from the start. She'll freak out, start to panic, and fight worse and worse. If the Solar Drive starts to fail, she's liable to try and nuke everything indiscriminately before running away.

Yea, I'm thinking the squad takes this. Once she loses composure, they absolutely outskill and outmanuever absurdly hard.

Voting... The Geeksquad.

Voting the squad. SOL holds the AP advantage alongside her abilities though the combined versatility of all four of the group are than bound to contend and overwhelm her in extended combat.

Especially with them collectively able to alleviate the limitations of their abilities with their combined collaboration while SOLSTICE, solely has herself to keep weary of her weaknesses. Paired with them having over a year of strategy crafting to lessen the possibility of an overwhelming loss; On top of having characters such as Vayla and Yomishka that can further her emotional degradation and concentration in the battle.

A few things:

1) How exactly is Geeksquad removing SOL's barriers? I presume that's what the entire ploy with Vayla's relationship is about, but what would be the logistics of it? I don't remember any instance of Cataclysm!Vayla being shown to copy the powers of beings many thousands of times stronger than her, so I take it we're assuming she can do so (and discreetly.)

2) Conversely, how does SOL actually put down anyone in Geeksquad for good? Zain sharing the Tiphareth with everyone means that everyone will return from each death for as long as their will doesn't wear down to the point of being unable to mentally bring themselves to continue. Last I checked, SOL wasn't the best at digging into people like that when she was way off her game.

3) In theory, could Eileen just straight-up hack SOL's physical body?

1. Yomishka can punch it hard, since his Conceptual Manip > her resistances, so I believe. A punch would be able to massively damage it, and it doesn't defend her Solar Drive completely, either. As well, I discussed how Vayla would copy such in... discreet manners, during prep time. Catching her "distracted" and slip past her defenses with light force.

2. I imagine via soul manip, or obliterating them into yesterday so hard that it'll take more than a day to regenerate back. And if it takes them more than a day, chances are, they won't be able to do it again, and thus, will lose- SOL will be prepared, and more stable. Also, bold to assume Zain can give Yomishka character development.

3. To my knowledge, Eileen can't do that.

ThePerpetual said:
3) In theory, could Eileen just straight-up hack SOL's physical body?
she would need to be familiar with how SOL's body worked and then actually touch her long enough to do so without being removed, so it's extremely unlikely

SOL's body is artificial, but it isn't mechanical, so it'd probably be difficult

If no one else has anything to say.

Well, does anyone have anything else to say?

As it so seems, it's a tough battle with an amazing struggle to get to the sweet end.

It was a good time, y'all.

Time to add this to the profiles!

Yeah, uh,

I was going to get back to this at some point, but it would seem I'm a bit late to that, and everyone's generally said everything I was going to besides. So, no objections here I suppose.

Back