• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A little question about Dragon Ball Super

Like Cal I have absolutely no problem with both being rated 3-A so I agree both ways. Except one question for Beerus's justification.

"Beerus, who nullified universe destroying energy in this state"

Wouldn't this just be a energy nullification hax? Or hax period? I'm pretty sure we saw Beerus use a hax like this in their fight.

Kaltias is correct in that a character must be above the halfway mark to qualify for a + sign.

Anyway, perhaps we should simply modify Son Goku's Dragon Ball Super attack potency explanation a bit. Does anybody have some suggestions for improvements?

@Kukui

All abilities in DB are derived from ki. If Beerus can nullify Universal energy, I think he can put that much energy into his attacks.

@Antvasima

I want to wait until the end of this arc, and to discuss this personally with some people I trust. But base Goku being = Super Saiyan God seems implied by the events of the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F arcs...

Matthew Schroeder said:
Goku is capable of destroying the universe with 3 - 5 punches in Super Saiyan God. By SSB he is reasonably Universal. And by now he is tens of times stronger.
it was combined force of both goku and Beerus

Yes but it gets mostly neutralized because goku and beerus would have destroyed the kaio shin realm and other world as well.

Not to mention the Afterlife, so their blows were essentially destroying the afterlife ( an universe sized place ) , otherworld ( also universal ) and kaio-shin realm. So.. Their punches were destroying essentially an 3x universe .

Well, we tend to count connected realms with a shared spacetime as a single unit, given that universe are infinitely large accoridng to some models, as far as I am aware.

My point was that the universe that was being destroyed was bigger than the average universe. Wait, so all of these universe sized places are counted as just being one universe sized ?

If they are connected they are counted the same, yes. In lack of better options we count all finite universes larger than our observable universe as 3-A.

There's also the fact that in some series parallel realities each with their own separate space / dimension can all share the same progression of time, and how exactly to rank that.

I mean, it's technically impossible for one timeline to contain multiple space-time continuums, but in a lot of series that happens.

In Marvel, there's technically a bazillion different dimensions, many of which are universe-sized, which are connected to Earth-616, and they all have the same progression of time.

Well, in Marvel's case, I don't think that most of them share the same space-time.

I agree, but it is a technicality that sometimes makes things hard to scale. In some verses, busting the timeline would be a 2-C feat.

Okay. So collectively they are larger than the observable universe ( by at least 2X) but still counted as 3-A ? Okay. That doesn't bother me. However, those shockwaves were destroying a universe larger than the observable universe. My point being, if we take that into account , would the shockwaves still be 3-A technically , not 3-B ? Just a random question for anyone to answer, but if we infer that the difference between Pre-BOG and during BOG SSJ3 Goku and Beerus, is the difference between Beerus and Whis ( because the way Goku and Beerus were defeated using the very same method. Keep in mind this implication between Beerus and Whis is an low ball, because it could very likely be much larger difference ) , how much stronger would an warrior have to be than Beerus to be able to wound Whis and leave a noticeable scar when Whis is taking the spar seriously ?

@Matthew Yes, it is hard to properly gauge such situations.

There's a Brazilian Book Series I'm reading where there is a cosmology where our universe is essentially shaped like an onion, and our physical reality is only the outermost layer that there is. Instead, there are countless layers beyond it. I.e, Astral, Spiritual, Celestial, Infernal, Ethereal, etc.

Destroying one universe in that series would be 2-B.

Destroying 3 universes with 5 punches (on a 3D scale) would be 3-B+, because each punch can destroy 3/5 of a universe, I think

@The 2nd Existential Seed

For convenience, it is probably best to gauge such feats based on how large a part of the universe in question that is destroyed. Given that we have no way of comparing the sizes of the universes in different fictions.

@Kaltias

Destroying one universe with 5 punches would mean that each punch destroys 0.2 universes.

Accounting for 3 universes would mean that each punch is destroying 0.6 universes.

5 combined punches from each combattant, so 0.3 universes.

Thought goku and beerus would destroy the universe in 3 punches? Why 5? I enless you are counting the fact that goku is doing alone then I see how it's 5

Well, maybe I misremember. It has been a long while since I watched the episode.

wasnt he 3-A becuse he desteoyed that ball made from the combined energey attecks of him amd beerus and littrley everyne said it was going to desteoy the uinveres?

I don't think so because they did that right after the 2 punches, which one more would have destroyed the universe. So if either goku or beerus won, the beam clash then the universe would have been destroyed. Luckily beerus could nullifiy the blast and the wave. Then beerus said he is going to shown his true power.

The elder Kai said it was 2.5 punches but since both were putting out an equal amount of power u multiply it by 2 so 5 punches to destroy the universe.

Back