• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few questions for a profile I'm about to make

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Alright so, I just played "Warm Snow" (Pretty nice game btw), and wanted to make a profile for the protagonist. But as I was about to make the profile, I encountered some problems.

First, there are these things in the game called "Skill Sects", and they are basically buffs, and effects and shit. There are plenty of them, and through an entire playthrough, the player can get as many as there are in the current run. The problem is, this is a rogue-like, so with every death, you get repeated to the start of the game. You won't necessarily get the same skills in the next play through.

So, can I just pile all the skills and add it into the profile? I think Dead Cells is also like that.

The second question is about relics. Currently, there are a shit ton of relics. The game only lets you equip one, but the lore says nothing about this limitation (Albeit, it's not like the lore is that massive or anything), do I mention this on the profile, or do I just pile all the relics into the profile?

The third question, there are gods in this game that you can worship. Each god gives you a different ability and stuff, but you can't have all of them at the same time. Do I make different tabs for each god you worship, or do I just composite them?

The fourth question, I assume this qoute will grant Immortality type 4 or 8? FYI the character always resurrects after they die, and they are resurrected by this goddess:

"Those blessed by Mother Trinity will attain Immortality, and have no fear of death. Our Mother will tirelessly return you to the mortal world, again and again..."

And lastly, can I calculate this feat and use it on the profile, or do I just deem it as an outlier due to nothing else in the verse coming close to it?

In the beginning of the fight, the boss will make an eclipse.

And after reducing her hp to like, a quarter or smth, she apparently turns into the ******* sun. Although the size is just... small as shit.

And finally, after beating her, she disappears. Characters even stated that she became the sun. Although, I think the sun is just there in the horizon.

Do I just discard this feat, and can I even calculate it? The next strongest feat is like in the same fight, those flame tornado shit would likely get 8-B/8-A results.

8.5/10 game, check it out peeps.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can just pile the skills and items into the profile.
A lot of game characters don't have that kind of restriction so it should be fine if the lore doesn't mention it.
Idk about the god thing.
You can have both Type 4 and 8 Immortality.

What if you add all the skills, relics and ability from gods, but make a note that he can only have one relic and worship just one god each time, and thus would be recommendable that in vs the op specify what relic the protagonist have and what god worship.

What if you add all the skills, relics and ability from gods, but make a note that he can only have one relic and worship just one god each time, and thus would be recommendable that in vs the op specify what relic the protagonist have and what god worship.
I guess that could work. Although he could equip four relics at a time. Though, are other rouge-like profiles also made like this? I don't recall any profile having this limitation, despite the game having it.

I guess that could work. Although he could equip four relics at a time. Though, are other rouge-like profiles also made like this? I don't recall any profile having this limitation, despite the game having it.
The relics are things like armor, weapons and such? Or are things like jewels, rings necklace, etc? Because if is the first then I think it makes sense why he can only use four, if is the second then I guess it makes more sense that he don't have limit, though he have something like a dimensional storage in which put the things? Because otherwise it would also be weird to say he have for example 20 relics with him or things like that.

In general I honestly think many game profiles are bad in this because they say that the character have, for example, 30 weapons/armors/accesories at the same time which obviously isn't possible unless said character have something like a dimensional storage.

Most of them, at least from what I recall, are just accessories. Like just pearls, some necklaces, some small ass statues, etc etc... I don't recall there even being armors in the game.

Also, there weren't any mention of any dimensional storage or smth. The best we have is just to theorize, since the dude has like infinite flying swords, etc etc...

Yeah, hades have the gods for each tab. I think it might be better to do it like that, for the gods at least.

Most of them, at least from what I recall, are just accessories. Like just pearls, some necklaces, some small ass statues, etc etc... I don't recall there even being armors in the game.
Hmm, in that case I guess it makes more sense that he indeed have everything.

Also, about the feat, wouldn't be possible to do something like at least X (the general level of feats of the verse), possibly Y (the level of that boss)?

Also, about the feat, wouldn't be possible to do something like at least X (the general level of feats of the verse), possibly Y (the level of that boss)?
Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking too. If this feat gets accepted, I'm definitely putting it as "Likely/Possibly". Ain't no way I'm putting it as a solid rating.

Oh yeah, I had another questions. Quite a bit of those Sect Skills grant various buffs and debuffs, stuff like 100% damage boost, greatly enhanced movement speed, attacking enemies will poison/bleed/paralyze/fear/drunk them, etc...

How do we use those in a match? Like, all of the feats done in the game can be done without any sect at all. Do we just assume the effects take place immediately after the match starts? Ie, the character is normally Supersonic, but has a few buffs that gives him like 50% movement and attack speed buffs. Those buffs are always active. How will that work in a match? Will the moment the match begins, they'll have a 50% movement speed advantage, or smth else?

Oh yeah, I had another questions. Quite a bit of those Sect Skills grant various buffs and debuffs, stuff like 100% damage boost, greatly enhanced movement speed, attacking enemies will poison/bleed/paralyze/fear/drunk them, etc...

How do we use those in a match? Like, all of the feats done in the game can be done without any sect at all. Do we just assume the effects take place immediately after the match starts? Ie, the character is normally Supersonic, but has a few buffs that gives him like 50% movement and attack speed buffs. Those buffs are always active. How will that work in a match? Will the moment the match begins, they'll have a 50% movement speed advantage, or smth else?
The moment the match begin the speed buff for example activate since is a passive effect, though I'm not sure if the % can be simple accepted since I remember sometimes them be discarded as pure game mechanic and be left like just a higher effect.

Is there a thread for disregarding those % stuff? I feel like disregarding them is a big no-no. I feel like they are pretty blatant, and are extremely useful in the boss fights, or fights in general. Although you don't necessarily need them to finish the game, having them makes the game much easier.

Stuff like this would become absolute nightmares if we disregarded the %, even if you can do it without them.

Although if we do disregard them, that's a RIP. Most of them are fantastic buffs.

Is there a thread for disregarding those % stuff? I feel like disregarding them is a big no-no. I feel like they are pretty blatant, and are extremely useful in the boss fights, or fights in general. Although you don't necessarily need them to finish the game, having them makes the game much easier.

Stuff like this would become absolute nightmares if we disregarded the %, even if you can do it without them.

Although if we do disregard them, that's a RIP. Most of them are fantastic buffs.
% stuff is allowed I'm pretty sure since Genshin Impact is full of it and the techniques/skills listed under characters talk about their % boost. The same goes for characters like Ainz who use boost/enhancements and stuff. From what I can tell you can apply them in a Versus but other than that, you should just list them down in the profile.

% stuff is allowed I'm pretty sure since Genshin Impact is full of it and the techniques/skills listed under characters talk about their % boost. The same goes for characters like Ainz who use boost/enhancements and stuff. From what I can tell you can apply them in a Versus but other than that, you should just list them down in the profile.
Ah yeah, I'll definitely list all of them on the profile. I have to, anyways, otherwise there would be a lot of confusion. It'll be a pain in the ass, though.

From what I gathered on that comment, it seems we disregard them if they make some lore inconsistencies, or smth. But there really ain't that much lore in this game. I'm pretty sure you could pile up every single piece of text in this game and finish all of it in like, 5 minutes or smth.

Not to mention, it honestly makes sense to me to accept them here, since even after having various buffs and shit, you'll barely be able to damage the final boss. That dude, after various buffs, will just get his hp slowly chipped away. Can't imagine how much of a nightmare it'll be if you had no buffs, it'll probably take hundreds of attacks, if not much more.

Oh yeah, I have another simple question.

Basically, these two feats:

First feat, MC can talk with the goddess, even though everything around her is completely frozen. Would this simply be resistance to ice manip and heat, or time stop? At first I thought it was ice manip, but then I realized even the snowflakes are frozen mid-air. Although I have doubts that its time-stop and might just be real good ice manip since in the next feat:

Second feat: This girl helps the MC by... freezing actual black-holes. I ain't knowledgable on this shit, but I don't think you can just freeze a god damn black hole. You could argue time stop due to freezing shit, but I'm honestly not sure.

Man, even the Chinese games are as crazy as the novels.

If you see no Genshin Impact profile have higher tiers with the techniques that have %, that would make them jump tiers in cases like Xiao that would be 6-C if accepted the multiplier of his things, instead is listed as just higher.

And could be wrong with Overlord, but in their case the % are actually stated since it's a game that become real, so the % are canon.

If you see no Genshin Impact profile have higher tiers with the techniques that give that would make them jump tier do to the %, first example I can think is Xiao that would be 6-C if accepted the multiplier of his things, instead is listed as just higher.

And could be wrong with Overlord, but in their case the % are actually stated since it's a game that become real, so the % are canon.
I actually had the same thought. Although even pokemon uses like 4x ap boost, and they're not a tier higher. I also recall those % boosts for Genshin being used in VS threads.

If you see no Genshin Impact profile have higher tiers with the techniques that give that would make them jump tier do to the %, first example I can think is Xiao that would be 6-C if accepted the multiplier of his things, instead is listed as just higher.

My bad I didn't say it right. The % wont affect their tiers but you can still use them in a Vs argument.

Oh yeah, I have another simple question.

Basically, these two feats:

First feat, MC can talk with the goddess, even though everything around her is completely frozen. Would this simply be resistance to ice manip and heat, or time stop? At first I thought it was ice manip, but then I realized even the snowflakes are frozen mid-air. Although I have doubts that its time-stop and might just be real good ice manip since in the next feat:

Second feat: This girl helps the MC by... freezing actual black-holes. I ain't knowledgable on this shit, but I don't think you can just freeze a god damn black hole. You could argue time stop due to freezing shit, but I'm honestly not sure.

Not a hundred percent but for the first one I think the Goddess is just making sure to not affect him with her time-stop.

As for the second one I have no ******* idea. Even if freezing a black hole was possible, Idk how the AP would work for destroying them.

I actually had the same thought. Although even pokemon uses like 4x ap boost, and they're not a tier higher. I also recall those % boosts for Genshin being used in VS threads.
I honestly don't even know if the pokemon buff give a canon % but well, in general pokemon profiles have several problems. And in many VS threads are used a ton of things that aren't accepted in the profiles so isn't the best idea use them as example.

Just to confirm wait for a mod input or ask one directly about the %.

Can the player get all the skills in a single run? If yes, I'd say it's fine to list them all, as he's still supposedly able to end the adventure without dying once.

The powers granted by the gods should be in separate tabbers, yes, as it makes more sense to be limited to a single one.

We don't accept % and in-game statistics as literal, unless there are strong reasons to believe they exist in-canon.
For vs matches, we consider them unquantifiable boosts.

I'm not sure about the relics, maybe you can list them all and then write a note explaining that the in-game limitation may or may not be literal, adding that in a vs matches the op must specify whether or not the character is allowed to have all of just 4 of them.

In the beginning of the fight, the boss will make an eclipse.
I think it would be fine, if there's a reason to believe that moving the moon scales to her attacks.

And after reducing her hp to like, a quarter or smth, she apparently turns into the ******* sun. Although the size is just... small as shit.

And finally, after beating her, she disappears. Characters even stated that she became the sun. Although, I think the sun is just there in the horizon.
I don't think this can be used, the sun is clearly not a real one, and even if she became an actual sun after dying, that shouldn't apply to her past form, as we don't know what happened.

Can the player get all the skills in a single run? If yes, I'd say it's fine to list them all, as he's still supposedly able to end the adventure without dying once.
I don't think so, or at least I haven't been able to. It's not because there's a limit, but because you'll eventually have to fight the end-game boss.
The powers granted by the gods should be in separate tabbers, yes, as it makes more sense to be limited to a single one.
Gucci.
We don't accept % and in-game statistics as literal, unless there are strong reasons to believe they exist in-canon.
For vs matches, we consider them unquantifiable boosts.
Is there a reason for this? Like I said, the lore isn't big at all, and we barely have anything note-worthy on it. And, and I know this is a whataboutism and I'm sorry, what about stuff like Pokemon and shiz? IIRC, they have accepted 4x AP boosts and shit from moves. Not to mention, literally all the skills, weapons and stuff are all just %boosts. Some are multipliers, like 2x boost or smth.

Not to mention, this doesn't really make any lore inconsistencies, as without those, you'll barely be doing jack to the bosses.
I'm not sure about the relics, maybe you can list them all and then write a note explaining that the in-game limitation may or may not be literal, adding that in a vs matches the op must specify whether or not the character is allowed to have all of just 4 of them.
I mean, most of them are just small accessories. Stuff like literal pearls, some necklaces, and all that stuff.
I don't think this can be used, the sun is clearly not a real one, and even if she became an actual sun after dying, that shouldn't apply to her past form, as we don't know what happened.
Yeah, I thought so too.

I don't think so, or at least I haven't been able to. It's not because there's a limit, but because you'll eventually have to fight the end-game boss.
If nothing prevents you from collecting them all other than "time" limitations, I'd say it's good to have them listed.

Is there a reason for this? Like I said, the lore isn't big at all, and we barely have anything note-worthy on it. And, and I know this is a whataboutism and I'm sorry, what about stuff like Pokemon and shiz? IIRC, they have accepted 4x AP boosts and shit from moves. Not to mention, literally all the skills, weapons and stuff are all just %boosts. Some are multipliers, like 2x boost or smth.
Mostly because statistics and % are made to balance the game, as they are mechanics, and there's the risk to greatly inflate the numbers when it comes to tiering.
The fact that there's no lore is detrimental for the argument, and it pushes even furthe the fact they are likely just game mechanics.
Not even all of the statistics and such from Pokémon are considered valid, but if the few used (which I admittedly can't point out other than the Thick Club) then they should be corrected.

I mean, most of them are just small accessories. Stuff like literal pearls, some necklaces, and all that stuff.
But I guess it would be unpracticable to equip all of them.
But can you carry and switch them as you please?

If nothing prevents you from collecting them all other than "time" limitations, I'd say it's good to have them listed.
Nice~
Mostly because statistics and % are made to balance the game, as they are mechanics, and there's the risk to greatly inflate the numbers when it comes to tiering.
The fact that there's no lore is detrimental for the argument, and it pushes even furthe the fact they are likely just game mechanics.
Not even all of the statistics and such from Pokémon are considered valid, but if the few used (which I admittedly can't point out other than the Thick Club) then they should be corrected.
I mean, it wouldn't really inflate the results, when only with those buffs can you really do jack to the bosses. Without them, you'll be getting like 1 to 2 shotted, most of the time. Disregarding them would mean disregarding 80% of the stuff in the game. Can I just list them as a possibly in the justification, or smth?

Hell, I'm pretty sure if you took every single item in the game, and somehow equipped them all, you still wouldn't really be able to do that much damage against the final boss.

If we do consider them an unquantifiable boost, how would that work in a VS match?

As for the Pokémon, I'm pretty sure we accept the whole agility move thing, boosting their speed-up to 4 times. I've seen it being used multiple times in VS threads. Genshin stuff, too.
But I guess it would be unpracticable to equip all of them.
But can you carry and switch them as you please?
There isn't an inventory system in the game, and you can't switch between them since, well, there isn't an inventory. Which is weird since you can just read many books, and artifacts, and many of them will be found in your starting place after you die. That one, honestly, seems more like game mechanic.

If you found one on the ground, you can switch at will. You can, however, turn them into souls, for some reason.

I mean, it wouldn't really inflate the results, when only with those buffs can you really do jack to the bosses. Without them, you'll be getting like 1 to 2 shotted, most of the time. Disregarding them would mean disregarding 80% of the stuff in the game. Can I just list them as a possibly in the justification, or smth?
Hell, I'm pretty sure if you took every single item in the game, and somehow equipped them all, you still wouldn't really be able to do that much damage against the final boss.
I mean that % and such would inflate the numbers we get from stats and else, and we always reject these things when it comes to games.
There's a reason if we have a Game Mechanics page, which also includes statistics and buffs.

If we do consider them an unquantifiable boost, how would that work in a VS match?
They are considered just a buff without any precise value.
Of course you can assume an in-game 10% buff would be rather low, while a 90% buff obviously bigger, but you can't apply such increase to the calculations used to scale the character.

As for the Pokémon, I'm pretty sure we accept the whole agility move thing, boosting their speed-up to 4 times. I've seen it being used multiple times in VS threads. Genshin stuff, too.
VS threads don't reflect wiki rules, and can be wrong at times.
I'm pretty sure almost all of the verses, JPRGs included, don't account stats and game mechanics fro actual scaling.

There isn't an inventory system in the game, and you can't switch between them since, well, there isn't an inventory. Which is weird since you can just read many books, and artifacts, and many of them will be found in your starting place after you die. That one, honestly, seems more like game mechanic.
Then I'd say the note detailing the two options is the best way.

So like, if we disregard the % stuff, some relics are just... useless.

What would we do with stuff like this?
Well no, you still have the chance to trigger a Flame explosion, a low one, but still a chance, like moves in rpgs that cause status effects.

They are considered just a buff without any precise value.
Of course you can assume an in-game 10% buff would be rather low, while a 90% buff obviously bigger, but you can't apply such increase to the calculations used to scale the character.
So like, a relic has a chance of applying an attack that deals almost 7x the original value, would we consider that, in a versus match, as a huge buff? IE, if it hit an opponent who's like 2x weaker than the MC, would we say it would one shot or smth?
VS threads don't reflect wiki rules, and can be wrong at times.
I'm pretty sure almost all of the verses, JPRGs included, don't account stats and game mechanics fro actual scaling.
Man, then I have no idea what's up with Pokémon. I recall quite a lot of times that it was said to be accepted.
Then I'd say the note detailing the two options is the best way.
Gucci.
Well no, you still have the chance to trigger a Flame explosion, a low one, but still a chance, like moves in rpgs that cause status effects.
Ah so like, we still take in chances and stuff? At least that's a bit better.

Oh yeah, what do you say about this:

Alright so, I've counted all the relics, and there are approx 38 relics in the game, with each relics having 4 different abilities.

Do I just list those in the equipment section, even if it will make the page extremely long?

Or better yet, do I just list the names of the relics, and put the scans into the names? That'll definitely make the page shorter. Much shorter, in fact.

A single relic, btw, has approx 115 words. Now imagine 39 of those. Though if people are fine with me just posting all of the effects to the profile, I don't mind. Albeit it will take a while.

Alrighty, I guess I'll just go **** myself then.

Anyways, I got another question. The dude will always be brought back to life by the goddess, but he loses all of his relics and sect skills in the process. I wanted to type that in the weakness section, but then I realized he somehow always have his original blade, despite it being abandoned before. And clothes as well, duh. Do I just write this off as game mechanic, and assume he'll keep all the items even after death?

Or better yet, do I just list the names of the relics, and put the scans into the names? That'll definitely make the page shorter. Much shorter, in fact.

A single relic, btw, has approx 115 words. Now imagine 39 of those. Though if people are fine with me just posting all of the effects to the profile, I don't mind. Albeit it will take a while.
I would just put them in sub-tabs. You can have his natural abilities and powers. Then have another tab named artifacts and have a sub-tab in that for each artifact and their abilities/boosts, etc. Doing that you can skip writing them down as equipment.
Alrighty, I guess I'll just go **** myself then.

Anyways, I got another question. The dude will always be brought back to life by the goddess, but he loses all of his relics and sect skills in the process. I wanted to type that in the weakness section, but then I realized he somehow always have his original blade, despite it being abandoned before. And clothes as well, duh. Do I just write this off as game mechanic, and assume he'll keep all the items even after death?
It could be when he's resurrected the goddess makes sure to only give him his clothes and sword. I would just keep it as a negative or weakness of his resurrection/immortality.

I would just put them in sub-tabs. You can have his natural abilities and powers. Then have another tab named artifacts and have a sub-tab in that for each artifact and their abilities/boosts, etc. Doing that you can skip writing them down as equipment.
That sounds much better, tbh.
It could be when he's resurrected the goddess makes sure to only give him his clothes and sword. I would just keep it as a negative or weakness of his resurrection/immortality.
Hmm makes sense. Although, his original weapon can be broken into souls and disappear, and yet even after he dies, he somehow has it.

That sounds much better, tbh.

Hmm makes sense. Although, his original weapon can be broken into souls and disappear, and yet even after he dies, he somehow has it.
Does he need souls to use or have his weapon? If so then that could be weapon creation. If not then the goddess has the power to just create swords I guess.

Nah, he doesn't need it. Although he definitely has weapon creation since the dude can literally make infinite flying swords.

Anyways you convinced me, I'll write it in the weakness section.

Back