• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few proposed upgrades for Zilla Jr.

I made a couple of quick calculations for some of Zilla Jr.'s feats over the past few days. According to this one, Zilla Jr. withstands 700,000 metric tons of rock falling on him. He then gets up with so much force that he sends all of the rubble flying off of himself. After viewing SpaceGodzilla's page, I saw that his flying form weighing 720,000 metric tons warrants Class M+ lifting strength, and Heisei Godzilla lifting a MechaGodzilla that weighing only 150,000 metric tons also warrants Class M+ lifting strength. Following from this, Zilla Jr.'s feat should justify Class M+ lifting strength if valid.

I also noticed that Zilla Jr.'s speed is listed as subsonic with no mention of his reaction speed. I think his reaction speed should be supersonic+ based on this calc and the fact that he dodges missiles like this on a regular basis.

Finally, his tier is listed as only Town Level. He should be at least City Level due to his atomic breath creating a violent storm as a side-effect of a beam clash. I go into more detail regarding why I assumed the storm was the average size of a real-life storm for this calc, but basically it's because the first shot of the storm shows a very skewed perspective while later shots suggest bigger than average size.

Creating a storm like that indirectly should justify at least City Level attack potency because creating even a modest-sized storm should require multi-Megaton levels of energy, and the storm in the episode was supercell-level (it spawned not one but three tornadoes, with tornado families resulting from supercells in real life). While my calculation above doesn't have an energy value for this feat (I'm not sure it's even valid since no mods here have checked it), City Level is an easy low end for the feat.

However, I recently updated an old calc of mine to show more evidence suggesting Mountain to Island Level durability for Zilla Jr. based on a volcano feat.

In short:

Lifting strength: Upgrade from Class M to Class M+

Speed: Add supersonic+ reaction speed

Tier: Upgrade from Town Level to at least City Level or at least Mountain Level

I'm fine with the lifting strength,

Your speed calculation is very clearly a lowball, based on what I see from the traveled distance. You might want to try to scale it instead.

The breath attack energy relies upon an assumption of the energy required to condense water which I suppose is fine by itself. Much better than using cold and hot fronts and temperature assumptions with black bodies.

I have a problem with your last one. Firstly, how do we know that Queen Bee was exposed to either the full energy of the island/mountain collapsing? An area can collapse but that doesn't mean I can tank the energy required to collapse it by being inside the area. Secondly, since the island calc is dubious and we don't scale like that upwards, it would at most be "at least mountain level," not "mountain-island level"

I'd be fine with "at least Mountain Level."

How would I scale to get a better number for the missile feat?

For the last feat, it wasn't so much the mountain collapsing as the mountain exploding from the eruption. I was thinking along the lines of Queen Bee being caught in the explosion.

EDIT: I just remembered another feat that I tried to calc once before on OBD. In this scene, Zilla Jr.'s atomic breath sets water on fire. Is there any way to quantify that?

I made an attempt before. I did a little bit of digging one day and read that, to set water itself on fire, you'd have to separate the hydrogen and oxygen to get flammable gas. I also found out that the resonance frequency of water is somewhere in the TeraHertz range. Using a blackbody radiation calculator, I found out that a blackbody emitting radiation with a frequency of 1 THz would have a temperature of 2.9 billion K, so the "flames"/plasma resulting from by his atomic breath would have to be that hot to produce more flammable gases and keep the reaction going.

Does this sound credible or am I way off here?

Yea, no, water itself has dissolved oxygen in it and it is way more likely that the other salts would be causing that oxygen to be used instead, although it is highly improbable. You need molecular statements to justify molecular breakage.

Where was Queen Bee exactly?

Zilla Jr. and Queen Bee were fighting underground and they eventually got to a lava chamber. They weren't far away from the volcano when they fell underground, either. It stands to reason they headed inside a lava chamber under the volcano.

If the "at least Mountain Level" change is accepted, would that also apply to his striking strength?

I don't have the time nor the am i in the mood to check anything ,but from a quick look i think Supersonic+ reaction speed and City level AP and Durability should be fine ,from my experience with the series.

If the volcano feat is accepted as Mountain Level, would at least Mountain Level, likely/possibly (not sure which one) Island Level via scaling from Queen Bee be reasonable considering he was more durable than Queen Bee by such a huge margin? This is assuming the immediate damage from the eruption is comparable to that of the 1883 Krakatoa eruption, which had a yield of 200 Megatons (that eruption released 4.25 cubic miles = 17.7 cubic km of ejecta while the ash cloud in the cartoon's eruption dwarfed the entire island). Showa Godzilla's article says something similar.

Does that include the "likely/possibly Island Level" part? If so, should it say "likely" or "possibly"? IIRC, Island Level is 1000 Megatons = 5x Krakatoa eruption (which both monsters can survive). Zilla Jr. tanks 12 laser cannons that were all stronger than the energy missiles that killed Queen Bee. I know taking 12 of the same attack isn't the same as taking an attack 12x stronger, but I want know how this would play into it.

Is there something I need to fix regarding the Mountain Level durability?

I made a new blog post about the feat here:

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=34536

The cartoon's eruption may even be comparable to the Tambora eruption of 1815, which had a yield of 33 Gigatons of TNT.

I attempted to pixel scale the ash cloud from the eruption to the island to get a volume for the cloud and confirmed that it's much bigger than the island itself. It should also be substantially greater than the amount of ash ejected by Krakatoa (17.7 cubic km) and at least comparable to the volume of ash ejected by Tambora (175 cubic km). I think the eruption should actually justify solid Island Level durability for both monsters.

I updated the pixel-scaling in my blog post above. Even with very conservative numbers, the eruption is easily Island Level based on the ejecta of the eruption.

Please clean it up and post it here, I don't even know what you are trying to justify in some parts of the NF link.

The volcanic eruption couldn't be accurately quantified, so I decided to make a post for another calc that I posted on NarutoForums a while ago but was never checked. It could potentially lead to a stat upgrade.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U.../G:TS_"Wedding_Bells_Blew"_Beam_Clash_Re-Calc

I'd also like this next calc to be checked even if it doesn't lead to any stat upgrades.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ZillaJrKaijuKing/Zilla_Jr._smashes_and_pushes_aside_part_of_a_mountai

I updated by beam clash re-calc (comment above) to further support the relationship between temperature change and distance. What do you think? Is the temperature value I got plausible?

Back