• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few King Sombra and other small MLP additions

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Just rewatched the Crystal Empire two parter and noticed a few missing powers for Sombra, and I have a few other small additions I wish to make. Nothing to major.

Sombra

Time Manipulation
Under his rulership, nothing in the Crystal Empire aged over the course of 1,000 years. Not the ponies, not the buildings (at least, they don't appear to have aged one bit), nothing. At least two of the Crystal Ponies remark about how they've been living over 1,000 years because of this, for example:

Sapphire Joy: I'm sorry. I wish I could help you. But I... can't seem to remember anything before King Sombra came to power. And I don't want to remember anything about the time he ruled over us.

Twilight Sparkle: King Sombra's spell must be why their coats aren't... crystally.

Sapphire Joy: Have we really been gone a thousand years?

Twilight Sparkle: Yes.

Sapphire Joy: It feels like it was just yesterday.

Perception Manipulation
In the second part of the two parter, he manipulated Twilight and Spikes sight and senses in order to make them perceive their greatest fears. It's not just illusion creation because you clearly see it affecting their senses and it's a personal spell, rather then something visible to others. Clip here

Weather Manipulation
His presence was causing a massive storm to consume the entire empire on all sides. When he was defeated, the Storm was expunged from the empire

Earth Manipulation
He made several large rocks/crystals to pierce the ground to trap Twilight

Possible Memory Manipulation and Empathetic Manipulation
Not to sure about these, but I figured I'd at least discuss them. No one in the Crystal Empire seems to recall their lives before Sombras rulership, but after his presence is being lessened in the Empire as the Mane Six lighten the spirits of the Crystal Ponies, they start to regain their memories. For example:

Amethyst Maresbury: Yes. Of course. History, history... Ah, yes.

Twilight Sparkle: Which is where, exactly?

Amethyst Maresbury: I... I can't seem to remember. I'm not sure I actually work here [the library].

[...later...]

Sapphire Joy: [gasps] The Crystal Heart!

Fleur De Verre: Do you think they really have it?

Rainbow Dash: Of course we have it! Can't have a Crystal Faire without the Crystal Heart, right?

Amethyst Maresbury: Of course you can't. The whole purpose of the Crystal Faire is to lift the spirits of the Crystal Ponies, so the light within them can power the Crystal Heart, so that the Empire can be protected! [gasps] I do work at the library!

Likewise, under his rulership, the Crystal Ponies are incredibly depressed, unable to motivate themselves to do much of anything, but after his influence is lessened, they become much happier. This could be because of how tyrannical he was, but given his magic demonstrated, I'm split on this. Anywho: Before and After

Transcript Source #1 #2

Twilight

Darkness Manipulation
It's already on her profile under "Dark Magic", but Twilight should have Darkness Manipulation for being able to cast Sombras dark magic, as seen here.

Morality Manipulation
As mentioned in Keep Calm and Flutter O, Twilight apparently has a spell that makes bad people good. She has access to it, but Discord ate the page that had it. Not sure if it can be added, but it's there.

Twilight Sparkle: That's weird. The spell I had in mind isn't in here. Spike, where are the other books I asked you to pull?

Spike: Right here, Twilight.

Twilight Sparkle: I really want to have a reforming spell up and running pronto.

Spike: But what if he makes the Elements of Harmony disappear like he did last time?

Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia cast a spell protecting them, remember? Uh-oh.

Spike: What's wrong?

Twilight Sparkle:
Princess Celestia didn't cast a spell protecting our books! Everywhere I thought I'd find the reforming spell... [gasps]

Transcript source

Celestia

Earth Manipulation
When she was using Sombras dark magic, she made crystals and rocks grow out of the ground. Nothing major, but it's there.

Also I'm not sure if it can be added but should petrification be added to Sombra's profile? He's used on princesses Amore in his fiendship issue and celestia and Luna in Siege of the Crystal Empire

Well IIRC the comics sort of retcon Sombra into being something else, so we probably can't use anything from those.

Yeah they made him an umbrum although I'm not sure if it's ever specified exactly in the show what Sombra is just that he's a dark unicorn

They refer to him as just a unicorn a few times.

Princess Celestia: There wouldn't be. Few remember it ever existed at all. Even my knowledge of the Empire is limited. But what I do know is that it contains a powerful magic. One thousand years ago, King Sombra, a unicorn whose heart was black as night, took over the Crystal Empire.

Shining Armor: Something keeps trying to get in! We think it's the unicorn king who originally cursed the place.

True enough just fills like a shame it can't be used since minus Discord Sombra's probably the most haxed Mlp villain

Js250476 said:
True enough just fills like a shame it can't be used since minus Discord Sombra's probably the most haxed Mlp villai
Everyone forgets Bookworm. He's like Discord with much more potent reality warping, void manipulation and plot manipulation.

Right sorry man it's just I usually think of the main villains and the side ones always slip my mind

Don't be sorry, I just find it funny how the most blatant attempt at making an OP character in MLP is an obscure MOTW.

Got that right man although the villain that's hinted to appear in the S7 finale could be a contender

Seriously hoping Starswirls statement about "Evils worse than you can imagine. Evils who devoured the light of the own world" from Legends of Magic becomes relevant. Apparently those comics are canon.

I think that the first post seems reasonable.

Back