• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Doomed America ~ Doomguy vs. Captain America

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Sequel to this: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2466050?useskin=oasis

~

Steve Rodgers marched through the bloody halls of the fallen Mars base. He was sent by SHEILD after they had received an SOS from the Mars base to take back the base from any hostile threats and recover any Argent Energy that he could before it fell into the wrong hands. He assumed that there were still hostile forces present, he had walked past a Yautja head mounted on a pike on his way in and had found the butchered remains of a man in armour armed with a jetpack after all. Steve turned the corner to come face to face with Doomguy, who whipped out his Gauss Cannon in surprise. "At ease soldier." Steve said, putting his arms up in a pacifying gesture. "I'm not with the demons. I'm here to help." Steve had recognized the armor Doomguy wore and his super soldier mind quickly brought up vague memories of a report stating that the men working at this base had such an armor. As such, he assumed Doomguy was a soldier stationed here when the base was overwhelmed. Doomguy slowly put his weapon down, realizing Steve didn't have any intention of trying to kill him. He was still suspicious though, the people here weren't exactly smart when it came to the use of Argent Energy. He made a mental note to keep Steve from finding out about it if possible. Suddenly, a summoner teleported behind Doomguy and prepared to blast him, only to get beheaded by Cap's sheild. An army of demons began charging towards them abd the two living legends instinctively stood side by side, prepared to use their immense experience to open up a can of whoop-ass on these demons.

~A few hours later~

The two men had torn their way through an army of demons by this point and their battle had brought them to a lab. As the last of the demons fell, Cap spotted a canister of Argent Energy on the ground. As he moved to pick it up, Doomguy kicked it away. Cap backed up in alarm, drawing his sheild. "Hey! What was that about." Doomguy hesitated. His own civilization had fallen thanks to the machinations of demons, if this man brought that canister back to base, his own world would suffer the same fate. Unfortunately, Doomguy couldn't explain that thanks to being mute, so he opted to point his Super Shotgun at the man instead. "Listen, I don't know why you're so cautious about this, but I have my orders to collect as much of that stuff as possible. Just let me-" he was interrupted by a warning shot that Doomguy fired into the ceiling. Steve sighed. "If that's the way it is, then I guess I don't have much choice".

~

Both at 8-A. Speed Equalized. Win via Incapactation or KO.

Doomguy render
vs.
2923368-captain america

Captain America via superior skill, experience, and AP with his shield, plus he can tank any attack from Doomguy with it, he close the distance and lay into him with strong shield strikes and superior H2H thanks to him having amazing fighting skills, think comparabale to Black Panther but not quite as good

I'll see about typing something up in a few hours or so. Good matchup.

8-A Doomguy has Eons worth of fighting experience so he probably triumphs skill wise. Stamina wise too for that very same reason. Voting Doomguy

Posting time

AP
From what I can tell, Cap scales to about 173 tons while Doomguy is 168. However, The Titan, which is where 168 tons originates, is that strong just by being huge. Doomguy also has Quad Damage which is exactly what it sounds like, and Berserk which is a better amp than Quad Damage, though the degree of superiority is unknown. Doomguy has the AP advantage here with his amps, though it's much more even without.

Edit: Cap is actually 333 tons, making him stronger than an unamped Doomguy.

Powers and Abilities
Cap doesn't really have any notable P&A, with his precog being the more skill based type. However, Doomguy doesn't really either. Siphon Grenades shouldn't work on ordinary humans, so all he'd have is his aforementioned amps, invis, and invulnerability. Invisibility is not perfect, but still helpful. The edge goes to Doomguy here, but it's not some massively important thing, just helpful.

Speed
Equalized. Edit: Forgot about Doomguy's amps like Haste and some of the runes. They're good boosts, but don't sway me enough considering that as of now, Cap has superior AP.

Lifting Strength
Doomguy by far, and grappling may actually become relevant here because of that shield of Caps.

Striking Strength
See AP.

Durability
A clear advantage for Captain America here. While his body is inferior to amped Doomguy, his shield is tier 4. From what I remember of it, it's made of one of the special metals that absorbs and disperses energy, so Doomguy can't break the shield arm by slamming the shield really hard (This is how one could deal with real shields. The bones of the user are not as durable as the shield itself). Doomguy can deal significant damage if he hits Cap's actual body between way higher LS and amps, but Cap is very good with that thing.

Stamina
I don't see anything indicating thousands+ years on Cap's page, so it goes to Doomguy. Both of their statistics in this regard are high enough that it's really not gonna matter though.

Range
Technically Doomguy vis BFG, but that gun is weaker than both of them. It may be effectively undodgable, but it wouldn't really do much once Quad Damage is done. In all practical sense Cap's ranged option is more sustainable, but the scenario doesn't really imply either one is far away from the other to matter.

Intelligence/Skill
We seem to be operating under the impression that they're about even here. I would not feel comfortable arguing this until I have reread both Cap's blog and Black Panther's blog, and I seriously doubt one has enough of an advantage to trivialize the other in this regard.

Overall
I see this as Inconclusive. Doomguy may have more advantages on paper, but having a 4-B shield is huge and the two combatants are evenly matched enough skillwise from what I can tell that it could go either way. To me, it hinges on whether Doomguy can get that shield away from him with his vastly superior LS before Cap outlasts his amps and finds an opening to capitalize on. Overall, if Doomguy loses his amps Cap probably wins from there, but him winning the battle in those first moments is a very real possibility.

The page doesn't seem to indicate that

Well, time to analyze this.

Doomguy obviously has a more consitant range advantage since he has guns while Cap just has his shield. He can also use this to basically prevent Cap from throwing his shield, since it will be so important to use it for defence. Cap's best hope is to close the range gap, but Doomguy will probably know not to let him get close. Cap's shield can't protect his entire body, so Doomguy can and will land hits wherever Cap can't block. Of course, Cap will probably be dodging with precog, but Doomguy will definately land at least a few hits. Since the battle is via incap or K.O., Doomguy wouldn't go for his stronger guns like the Rocket Launcher or BFG (And even if he did they wouldn't be too much threat to Cap since Doomguy's physical stats are actually way stronger than his guns). As such, this would go on for a long time. But both have such good stamina that Doomguy would run out of ammo before either one of them even started to get tired. Then, it would go to CQC. And, well, do I need to explain why Cap wins when it comes to CQC? Doomguy, while he does enjoy close combat, generally uses it to finish enemies off. Meanwhile, Cap's strategy IS close combat.

In a nutshell, my vote goes to Captain America.

Doomguy is 700 something tons and Cap is 500 tons. Or, at least, assuming this is okay to scale. If not, I think there's 300 or so tons somewhere else.

Edit: motherforker

All Doomguy's guns are weaker than him, and not killing doesn't really make sense for him. I think that's saying more that neither will end up killing the other, as opposed to holding back.

You sorta do need to explain considering we're considering their skill equal and he has minimum thousands of years experience, oftentimes with no gun at all. Iirc he killed the Titan naked and with a sword.

Ok, thanks.

Though where's the 700 tons for Doomguy coming from. I vaguely remember something like that but I cannot find it. Is someone factoring in stacked Quad Damage and Berserk to get that number?

His armor is immune to attacks on the 168 level, so his durability should be quite a bit higher. Cap has a more present AP advantage if Doomguy loses his amps, but I don't think it's gonna be significant enough to really alter any of what I said in that post above.

The Smashor said:
And, well, do I need to explain why Cap wins when it comes to CQC? Doomguy, while he does enjoy close combat, generally uses it to finish enemies off. Meanwhile, Cap's strategy IS close combat.
You're downplaying Doomguy's CQC. This is the guy who had been beating the crap out of literally the entire armies of hell with nothing but a sword for thousands of years.

True. But Saitama-ing fodder for a million years dosn't make you the best close quarters fighter ever. Also Doomguy dosn't have a sword here. Being good at swinging a sword =/= being good at punching.

The Smashor said:
True. But Saitama-ing fodder for a million years dosn't make you the best close quarters fighter ever. Also Doomguy dosn't have a sword here. Being good at swinging a sword =/= being good at punching.
That argument has been debunked many times before. There are many 8-A demons that Doomguy has fought before, such as the Cyberdemons, the Titan, Guardians, and Spider Mastermind. Not to mention, this Doomguy is implied to be the same as classic Doomguy, meaning he's emerged victorious over beings of much higher tier than his durability. And the whole "demons are animalistic" thing has been debunked before too, so don't even start.

>8-A

>Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind

Boi their only 8-B. I mean when Doomguy uses melee attacks he usually uses some weapon or as the finishing blow.

Yes but it says that the weapon is powered by something stronger than nuclear power, so would not radiate something worse?

And I mean if the weapon generates radiation around the area.

Nuclear radiation isn't to do with power, it's due to the interaction of the atoms.

I don't remember the BFG being radioactive, but it can just hurt him normally when under quad damage. Not nearly as strong as Doomguy's physical blows.

To answer the above, Doomguy wasn't 8-A for his entire tenure in hell. Even then there are multiple 8-Bs that can still harm him, and the Titan, the origin of the 8-A calc. Demons are shown using tactics and training themselves, and yet Doomguy decimated them for eons.

Elaborate, since he doesn't have thousands of years minimum experience.

Wokistan said:
Elaborate, since he doesn't have thousands of years minimum experience.
Experience doesn't exactly make you a better fighter, Cap is by far superior in terms of skill in H2H, Doomguy also doesn't regularly go H2H, he generally just goes by the phrase "Shoot it till it dies" though he isn't completely unskilled, just Cap is easily superior to him in H2H, which Cap will force him into since his shield can tank anything Doomguy throws at him so he's bound to close the distance

He does it quite often, actually, considering the berserk powerup, chainsaw, Crucible, etc exist and even in ordinary gameplay glory kills are important. He doesn't have infinite bullets and was stuck in hell for a long time, notably killing the titan with no weapons.

All you said is that captain America is better because he is. Doomguy has better lifting strength and as such wins a grapple, also letting him get past the shield.

Wokistan said:
He does it quite often, actually, considering the berserk powerup, chainsaw, Crucible, etc exist and even in ordinary gameplay glory kills are important. He doesn't have infinite bullets and was stuck in hell for a long time, notably killing the titan with no weapons.

All you said is that captain America is better because he is. Doomguy has better lifting strength and as such wins a grapple, also letting him get past the shield.
Nope Cap is 100% more skilled, also mindlessly smashing your fists or using a chainsaw isn't skill, anyone can do that, skill is about actually knowledge of martial arts and the whole way of fighting, Cap somewhat scales to BP who mastered 160, and he's even beaten BP in H2H before to as well as other highly skilled martial artists (noted BP wasn't really at his top performance admitted by I believe both of them), Cap has also dealt with people physically stronger and still beaten them, also lifting strength advantage doesn't mean you automatically win a grapple, again something Cap has displayed before

He could just aim at his exposed limbs instead, the shield doesn't cover him from the totality of every attack which is half the reason he is 8-A in the first place

Back