• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A cop faces a soldier (Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The summoning thing might have to be a separate conversation for a later thread.

However, I did rewatch some MK9 gameplay of Stryker and I'll admit his explosives are more threatening than I thought. I would still like to note that Rolento seems to have a control over explosions during Patriot Fury. Rolento is also pretty brutal all things considered. Steel Rain looks more like a fatality then a special, I don't recall anyone making it rain knives in MK gameplay. He's so nimble and more adept with his staff that I don't think he needs his goons to help him. This is definitely a tough fight but Stryker's LS advantage only means he'll throw him further, guns may be a problem combo. Rolento may have only been shown using guns in non canon material but it is said he lead armies against shadowloo so there's some experience i guess. Maybe Stryker is trying to take him into custody, in which case I'm pretty sure he can break out of handcuffs very easily seeing this is 9-A but it's a plausible wincon given the advantage. Stun him enough to incapacitate and send em to jail
My vote is staying Rolento but with mid-high difficulty

Match-wise killing is allowed, the storylines I write aren't related to the rules of the match itself, and when it comes to MK characters I think that forbidding death as a wincon is a little unfair.

Also yes, Rolento should have experience with guns even if he doesn't use them, at least in gameplay.
He canonically was a soldier and the fact he leads an army (not only against Shadaloo) means he must have experience with firearms in some way (it still doesn't mean Stryker's are useless, far from it)

Bump

Despite the points of contention, the debate seems quite still.
Should I start another grace or straight up add the match?

Yeah, I'll go on and add the match, although it was pretty interesting to see the clash of opinions, all valid.

------------------------

While Haggar and the others took care of the troops, Stryker went against the boss and eventually defeated him. Not without wounds and bruises, Stryker finally manages to handcuff Rolento. Still, everyone feels that prison will not contain the mad general for long, and soon he will again be at the head of his army. Likewise, Stryker will also be there, ready to take him down once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back