• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Lupin III CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano4444

He/Him
As the title imply, the purpose of this thread its to simply upgrade the Lupin III verse to fully 8-C.

Now initially i wasn't sure as there just far more 9-A feats in comparation to make me think the verse was definitively 8-C, and since those feats weren't trully clear cut either (we don't see Fujiko directly survive the explosion, i only assumed to be the case) i come with the simply compromise of having the verse to just tier at 9-A, with 8-C as only likely.

But then i realized that other characters/verses had be upgraded with the same amount of feats or even less (Marvel streetfighters had be upgraded to 8-C with one feat), and that the gap of level isn't that big, so overall i no longer see any reason to keep Lupin III to just 9-A, they can be upgraded to fully 8-C, with High 8-C remanining as it is.

I don't know the context of other verses but it honestly should not matter here. If the 8-C feats aren't truly clear and 9-A are well in abundance and consistent, I think they are fine.

I don't know the context of other verses but it honestly should not matter here. If the 8-C feats aren't truly clear and 9-A are well in abundance and consistent, I think they are fine.
Well if you want the context behind the 8-C feats, i can give you a quick recap of both.

1) Where a villain named Marcel survive an explosion from a bomb that he made, which destroyed his large mansion.

The problem was that it wasn't show exactly where the bomb exploded and due of this how much close Marcel was from the blast, however it easily to assume that he was more or less right behind him or still very close, so that the difference would be very margin.

2) Fujiko supposedly survived an bomb which created a large explosion that could had be see from kilometers of distance.

The problem here was that we don't see Fujiko actually tanking or surviving the explosion, however it can be assumed as such since characters did survive other explosions before so it was logical to assume that it was the same case.

Last edited:
There is also another potential 8-C feat that i forgot to mention, where Zenigata in the first movie of the series "The Secret of Mamo" seen to have survived a carpet bombing of 10-11 bombs from a B-52.

However, just like with Marcel, it isn't certain how much Zenigata was far from the explosions's range, he was close but i cannot conferm i how much exactly, but it was implied that Zenigata had be hit by the explosions, as his clothes had be damaged.

I mean, your arguments make perfect sense to me. I don't know what else to say other than I agree with your assessment. Since it isn't concrete, I think we should keep 9-A and keep 8-C as likely.

Okay, that seems to have been accepted then. Thank you for helping out.

I also think that Lupin should lose his high 8-C key. It's just that he doesn't really scale to Goemon in AP, since he almost died when Goemon seriously slashed him. Speed should be okay, as he dodged his attacks,

I don't think it's derailing, since this thread is about Lupin's tier, and the initial purpose of the thread has been fullfilled, it would be easier to discuss it here.

I disagree, Goemon and Lupin had battle each other before, on a equal level.

One time in Episode 56 Part II they fought in hand to hand combat, and they keep fighting until both were too fought exhausted.

Lupin is definitively comparable to Goemon, the only difference is that Goemon had just better combat skills.

Last edited:
I think Lupin scales to Goemon physically, but not with a sword. Also, Lupin often gets shocked when Goemon does some BS, like slicing a shooting star, which implies Lupin can't do that.

But Goemon scale also to his sword, he had fought characters who can block his slashes, either with other swords or even physically (like with Hawk).

So I think we can keep the ratings as they are. Should I close this thread?

That is fine with me, but let's wait for some confirmation from the others.

I meant some input from the other people in this thread regarding if there is anything left to talk about here.

So is it fine if I close this thread?

No one has say anything about closing the thread, yet.

But if you want, you can close it already, i just bump in case someone still want to say more, but it seen unlikely at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back