• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It is only fateful that my luck is like it is

I don't know how it hadn't occurred to me before.

Anyway, how exactly does Rainier's luck work? How do it help in combat?

Ignoring the Luck part, it seems to be an AP stomp for Masayuki and Masayuki's hit will always result in a critical hit. I don't know if Rainer's resistance to mind manip is enought to resist Masayuki's emphatic hax + social influencing (charismatic aura)

Rift walk + Apology Stones nope getting stomped via critical hit. Rrainier would just come back to life/be healed/be sent back in time.

His mind manipulation resistance comes from resisting Vahanato's authorithy voice and godly aura which is basically social influencing due to being a god so it is only natural that everyone knees before her in her presence. But I do not how strong his mindhax are compared to hers.

Since there was a riot in Ingracia it can be mean to all the people that lives in Ingracia and based from the official map of Tensura, it seems to be at least Country sized because it not that far of from the size of Great Jura Forest which is Continent in size.

ChaosAyase~ said:
Anyway, how exactly does Rainier's luck work? How do it help in combat?
His incredible bad luck + him being an ally of humanity makes it so Humanity will become extinct, so in one way or another those around him will die, I am actually doubtful that him surrendering or asking for forgiveness will do any good since his luck is out of his control and it is bad luck rather than good luck which causes all of this.

The land of El Dorado is stated to be continent in sized but we don't know which land is it. It can be either the island from the lower left or the island below the Continent of Eternal Ice

Is the entire city really the size of all of the terretory the kingdom has? That'd be really hard to believe, even in the image with Rimuru and Ragna the city does seem massive but not anywhere country sized.

Besides that Vahanato's Authorithy voice should be greater than Yuuki Tachibana Dominator ability which could subjugate a vast majority of the world's population (including insects, animals, monsters and people).

I don't want to use the anime picture of Ingracia because of anime inconsistencies but it lets you see the glimpse of it although I think it can be city sized too. The map that I send is the official one

I see then it gets resisted. However the luck part is very tricky to scale in this case however the more determined Masayuki is, the stronger his luck becomes although him suddenly getting determination is very situational

Rainier would not resist the luck has tho, it is just that his ability is achieving the same thing with the complete opposite, and I read in some other thread that as Masayuki's luck increases he decreases the luck of those around him at the same time, would that just not feedback into Rainiers whole thing?

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Rainier's bad luck is so strong that Vahanato (a 7-A goddess/devil with tons of haxes) was summoned by mistake
The goddess who is also the devil's Yandere wife

It also lead up to the Sword Saint dying, which should have been impossible due to not him having good luck but him carrying the collective fate of the entirety of humanity.

If I remember, I read somewhere in the WN that Masayuki's Chosen One is one of the strongest Unique Skill and it can be considered an Ultimate Skill alongside with Ramiris' Unique Skill Labyrinyth.

Rainier would not resist the luck manipulation so bypassing the resistance would not really help. The fact that Masayuki's thing decreases Rainier's luck further is only feeding back into Rainiers ability since Rainier was never lucky to begin with, he is the complete opposite.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
Rainier would not resist the luck manipulation so bypassing the resistance would not really help. The fact that Masayuki's thing decreases Rainier's luck further is only feeding back into Rainiers ability since Rainier was never lucky to begin with, he is the complete opposite.
That is actually true lol

Actually If we go by the end of WN, Masayuki wield the Sword of Rudra, which have a mass of a Star.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Anyways, yeah, what does Rainier do?
Bad Luck that passively ruins the world around him

Can instantly heals any wounds with his apology stones and can resurrect if he dies by going back in time to a "save point"

Its not really luck vs luck. Its more like, Good luck vs Bad luck

If Masayuki's luck causes misfortunes to others then that would basically make Rainier's bad luck stronger since he is getting more unlucky by Masayuki

Though, Im not really sure on how this matchup would end

i think this is incon, If Reiner Bring bad luck for people around him and killed them, Masayuki makes luck in his favor and saved his ass.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Luck vs Luck huh? Well, isn't Masayuki's stronger?
There is also the thing that Rainiers would get stronger the stronger Masayuki's luck gets since it would simultanously lower Rainier's luck which would get projected back into the enviroment.

GLHF22 said:
i think this is incon, If Reiner Bring bad luck for people around him and killed them, Masayuki makes luck in his favor and saved his ass.
Masayuki can increase his own luck while also lower others Luck just like when Arios (An enemy) was targeting Hinata with Unique Skill Assassin which has 100% chance hit rate but it missed due to Masayuki being there

Masayuki can increase the lucks of his opponents? Thought it was only decreasing the luck of others.

So it would decrease Rainier's luck, not increase it, which would again feed back into Rainier projecting that bad luck towards the enviroment due to how bad it is.

Back