• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7 Composite Humans vs 21 Pokemon! With rules!

The Pokemon are all 21 of the unevolved starter Pokemon! The humans are humans according to Real Life standards. These humans are not any specific character(s) from fiction.

However, in the interest of knowing what the weakest human is for the job, I'm not opposed to upgrading to the next strongest humie if one at any given time can't do the job.

Speed is equalized.

(Updated it to be 7 humans, rather than just 1, in the interest of balance. Changed ammo supplies.)

(2017-05-22: Changed Human Team to 7 of Composite Human & further changed equipment supplies & rules in the interests of match balancing.)

Rules!

1. Fights are conducted within a domed, high-walled, circular arena 150 meters wide by 150 meters long, 35 meters at the rim of the dome, 50 at the peak of it, constructed of steel, with a flat floor of sand. There are some newly matured, planted oak trees, & a few pools of water 5mm deep, 25 cm long & 25 cm wide, scattered about the arena.

1A. Starting weather is considered neutral for combatants, with gradual air filtering to slowly remove toxic gasses, smoke, etc. (Ex: From burning trees.)

2. All fights are conducted 1 vs 1.

2A. When a human &/or Pokemon is removed from combat (Through defeat or such.), the next Pokemon, going by National Dex order, is sent in immediately. As all the humans are identical, equipment supplies aside, they have no order. Assume there isn't an opportunity to exit for any party (Such as another human or Pokemon.) through this entrance, nor for any (other) parties to enter.

3. Each human starts with 1 non-vehicular weapon from Real Life . Obviously, it is possible for the weapon to also affect them. However:

3A. A total of 2 non-flight-capable vehicles, each of any kind available in Real Life , are available to the Human Team, to be used however debaters consider optimal. Assume that each vehicle is on the ground while entering. (Ex: Things such as picking a tank to enter by being dropped on a Pokemon from up high with a human at a safe distance is an invalid entrance.) Again, only 2 such vehicles can be distributed, but a human may begin their participation in the match within a vehicle. Like the participants, vehicles "don't exist" until they are within the match. (Ex: A car entering through a temporary autopilot existing only for entrance can't be damaged, modified, relocated, etc. until it's actually in the arena, nor can it influence the match by entering, such as via running something over.) Effectively, vehicle entrances should be assumed unable to influence the match or be influenced by the match.

3B. Each weapon is only prepared with 4 units to fire. (This assumes each firing only launches 1 projectile. It does not apply to weapons that are themselves or involving of nukes, or atomic bombs)

3C. Only 1 human &/or 1 Pokemon can be affected by any attack from either side. Whether the arena is flooded, obliterated by a nuke, burned to cinders, broken apart by thrashing vines, or anything else, only the 1 human & the 1 Pokemon fighting said human at the time will be affected.

3D. Lingering effects created by either side will remain. Trees will stay on fire, nuclear radiation, rubble will stay where it is, behave normally, etc.

3E. To prevent escape, the arena is indestructible.

3F. Lost terrain -trees being completely eradicated, water evaporating or such to the point of being unusable, sand getting sucked into a void somehow, etc- is immediately restored to the state it was at the beginning of the match.

4. The Pokemon cannot evolve & are all the first stages of their evolutionary line. Specifically, these are all of the currently known/existing Grass, Fire, & Water-type Starter Pokemon.

5. None of the Pokemon involved in this match possess any statistics or scalings that are a result of the anime, manga, nor fighting genre game (Smash, Pokken, etc.) materials. Their experience with humans extends to being raised by professors & observing visitors & outsiders to their research facilities.

5A. Nonetheless, assume these Pokemon fight optimally, as do the humans. If the human loses, & the ENTIRE match restarts anew with the next strongest human.

5B. Neither the human(s), nor the Pokemon have knowledge of one another other than what they should reasonably know based on this rule & the previous rules.

6. For simplicity's sake, assume the following: Bullets are Steel-type, explosions (Except the moves Self-Destruct & Explosion here, obviously.) are Fire-type unless specified otherwise, Plasma is Electric-type, & Nukes are Normal-type.

7. No Pokemon trainers are involved, nor can the human(s) involved in this fight become a Pokemon trainer, nor can said human(s) gain command of any of the Pokemon involved here.

The rules are of course, subject to change in the interests of balancing the match. If they can be improved, I'll probably change them. Hopefully I made them well, this thread isn't too wordy, & this doesn't somehow turn into a stomp!

So who wins?

If we use head Canon for these basic pokémon stats, and say that their wall level.... The human wins everything until he gets to flying types. No reason to assume they can survive a bullet, but that's just me.

And in the case of Pokemon who have gotten baby forms or new forms in later generations, what then...? Because Pichu IIRC, isn't in the spot before Pikachu, and Magnezone isn't even close to Magneton, but I might be wrong as shit.

I'm pretty sure most starters ARE wall level

10-B vs 9-B is actually a pretty big gap, also our regular weapons (swords, guns) are 9-C, so while they can hurt, they won't do that much, I'm pretty sure Rockets are 9-A, grenades are 9-B, iirc

Bulbasaur uses poison powder and leech seed and screws us over for the entire gauntlet, but we can still get past Bulbasaur, a grenade would do the trick since it's considered fire type, but as soon as we get poison powdered or leech seeded we won't get far

On the topic of bullets (Lol, replying to my own thread.), them being Steel-type, & thus, doing half damage to the Fire & Water types doesn't matter much here, does it?

Also, Axemim, the 21 Pokemon here are the UNEVOLVED Starter Pokemon. The ones that are Grass, Fire or Water type. None of them evolve during this battle.

That's Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Rowlet, Litten, & Popplio.

Fought in that order, 1vs1. The only Flying-type among those is Rowlet.

@DragonMasterXYZ: Wait, what? I hadn't realized that. What's causing the upgrade?

@JustSomeWeirdo: I had forgotten about Poison status & such. Would the sheer possible length of this mean it's a stomp via Poison/Leech Seed or such?

Now I'm wondering if it would be any more fair if the human side had a total of 7 humans to send into these 1vs 1 matches.

Given rule:

3A. The weapon is only prepared with 20 units to fire. (This assumes each firing only launches 1 projectile. It does not apply to weapons that are themselves or involving of nukes, or atomic bombs)

Is there any weapon that gives a lone human a good chance & abides by those rules, assuming only 20 units of ammo is provided with it?

Thanks for answering, BTW, all. Nice to know I hadn't considered everything, lol.

People are trying to revise pokémon sheets because of our current ****** up system anyway, because of how ridiculous the ratings of Pokemon who should be powerful are. It's because most pokémon by themselves are featless. And I still don't think a Charmander could tank a bullet from my hand gun. The way I see it, these Pokemon have the advantages in speed and strength, but I see untrained starters as the same as strong animals-- like Kangaroos or Large boars or bears. Don't know how strong those things are, but I'm confident a slash from a Charmander would rip you in half and break your bones as well. Does the human get armor. And, I think it should be infinite humans. I want this to be a series. How many humans would it take to beat x amount and type of pokemon-- in this case 21 starters.

Bulbasaur gets torched by a flamethrower, easy. Squirtle's probably would get the best of our human though. Shell is probably too tough to be pierced by a ranged tazer, and you don't wanna get too close to that thing. If it gets hydro pump, let's say that it hits with the force of a fire hose. Shit might not kill, but I'm not sure. I'm certain the shell isn't impenetrable though. Let's say it's Kevlar level. Fighting squirtle's shell would be hard, and might even be an ammo waster. Charmander just needs to be hit with a water hose on that tail and it's over. Chicorita same as Bulbasaur. Assuming they have ammo, Totodile and Cyndaquil get shot in the head by a sniper rifle. Treeco, Mudkip, and Torchic get the same treatment, assuming all of them get pierced by bullets in the first place. Only gets difficult around rowlet, where he could get mauled if he's got no accuracy.basically the only things that would give hiccups are squirtle and rowlet, maybe Treeco if he's speedy and good at scurrying-- and that all depends on them being unable to survive bullets. If they're like, kid Goku or Luke Cage, it'll take more than 5 humans to win. If not, 1-5 humans.

All of them? Including high caliber bullets? Then, this will be extremely difficult for the human, like only other options are the elemental weapons. Stun guns, flamethrowers and water hoses. These mons are still vulnerable to large amounts of electricity, right? Like, how many volts would it take to kill a large animal, maybe 1.5 times that to kill a firetype? A water type should be at least as vulnerable to it as a human is, I'd say. But if we don't have access to shit like that, I'd say it would take way more than five humans. These ******* eat real handgun bullets like they're bbs. I really don't think humans can stand up.

And then there's status moves like poison powder, leach seed, all of that. Unless we give the human defense against those things, grass types with poison powder **** everything.

Changed number of humans & ammo. Amount still up for debate. Should this be a "How many regular humans to take out all 21 starters" or something of the sort?

Regarding the bullet strategy, even if our Wiki's stats for these Pokemon & some guns do support some of them killing Starter Pokemon in 1 hit -& that's despite damage halving against Fire & Water types, which resist Steel- there's still many ways things that can go wrong with trying to use a gun.

Ex:

The trees in the arena giving cover, preventing a clear shot.

The Pokemon using Smokescreen, or in Tepig's case, Smog, which is Poisonous, too.

Fire being used to overheat or melt weapons.

Water Gun or the like being used to try & shoot a bullet out of the air, if not kill its momentum.

And @Axemim: Keep in mind, current rules say each human only gets ONE weapon. Only way for the humie to change weapons currently is to die & have the next human take their place; By the rules, one human couldn't Flamethrower Chikorita then Sniper Rifle Cyndaquil or something.

Chikorita is also a pain if it uses stuff like Reflect, or Synthesis, & it gets Poisonpowder, too.

Squirtle's shell may be overestimated, too. This thread prohibits anime, manga or Smash stats being used. So looking at the 'dex entries....

Gold The shell is soft when it is born. It soon becomes so resilient, prodding fingers will bounce off it.
Prodding fingers doesn't seem like the best thing to compare durability to, lol. Likewise, Turtwig has a shell stated to be made of DIRT.

Torchic is scary for shooting 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit fireballs.

Mudkip can crush & lift boulders larger than itself & has something of a radar system with its fins for sensing via the water & air around it.

Chimchar is agile, & able to scale cliffs; It could probably wall climb the arena or the trees, spam fire, & be a pain to track.

Tepig isn't bad also, Smog aside.

Black It can deftly dodge its foe's attacks while shooting fireballs from its nose. It roasts berries before it eats them.

Really, one of the scariest?

Chespin.

X The quills on its head are usually soft. When it flexes them, the points become so hard and sharp that they can pierce rock.
Y Such a thick shell of wood covers its head and back that even a direct hit from a truck wouldn't faze it.
Between having Leech Seed, Mud Shot, Pin Missile, Vine Whip & Bulk Up, it would just be a massive pain to hit. Barely a foot tall, & if it just ducks its head down while it approaches, it would be hard to shoot its supposed vulnerable areas.

BulbapediaChespinImage
ChespinMoonSpriteBack
But pardon me, I've been rambling.

So then the real threats are the grass types, ironically. Can't give them fictional weapons, right? What about weapons that are as powerful as their real life equivalent, except they have an extra non-hax function. For example, a gun that charges bullets with fire or plasma. That does sound like cheating. I still think that everything barring chespin and possibly chikorita can be one shot with a wall level bullet if all goes well, which it probably won't considering the access these Pokemon have to speed. Quick Attack or Faint Attack would make these guys go FTE easily, I think, blitzing us fodder mortals. Since they should hit like ******* bears at the least... Yeah, we probably won't win. The bullet thing is assuming we can hit them in the first place. And if we can get a clear shot while being able to fight through the uncomfortable feeling of shit in our pants from flame throwing, razor leading, hydropumping monsters that fit in your pocket. Can we get Pokéballs? Lol

Yeah, the grass types are going to be a b**** to put down. Btw, I REALLY like this match. Bulbasaur, being the first one, is going to be the biggest pain of all. Mega Drain, Leech Seed, and the powder moves, especially stun and sleep spore, are going to be a pain. That's actually gonna be the hardest one of the entire gauntlet. Charmander is powerful, and Flame Burst will be evil, but I have no idea how any water type besides Tododile and Mudkip would do. Chikorita is going to be just as hard though, with both of the reflect moves, so even if it gets put down, it'll be up for Cyndaquil to smokescreen and sweep. God forbid they get to the ninja known as Treeko, who'd just stealth his way through, quick attacking and absorbing to solo.

@Cal:

Glad you like it! : D (If you find the time, please do tell me why in a message outside of this thread, so I can make my future posts better!)

As for the Water Starters you mentioned, claiming to be unsure about, since this is a match between Real Life & 21 characters, lemme give some details, if not for you, then for the thread.

First off, Mudkip can lift & break boulders, & can be pretty aware of its surroundings.

Ruby The fin on Mudkip's head acts as highly sensitive radar. Using this fin to sense movements of water and air, this Pokémon can determine what is taking place around it without using its eyes.
Sapphire In water, Mudkip breathes using the gills on its cheeks. If it is faced with a tight situation in battle, this Pokémon will unleash its amazing power - it can crush rocks bigger than itself.
Emerald On land, it can powerfully lift large boulders by planting its four feet and heaving. It sleeps by burying itself in soil at the water's edge.

Other than resisting bullets & explosions (& having Hydro Pump like all the Water starters) & its strength & radar, it's not a big threat. Worst it can do is Protect, Bide, Mud Sport (Protects it against Electricity.), maybe Bide, Rock Throw, Whirlpool, & minor statistics manipulation. Endeavour is uncertain if it matters at all here.

Totodile likewise, isn't much of a threat except close.

Emerald Despite its small body, Totodile's jaws are very powerful. While it may think it is just playfully nipping, its bite has enough strength to cause serious injury.
Flail (More power the less HP it has left.), Rage (Boosts physical AP if it takes damage after using Rage.), Chip Away ignores changes to the foe's physical defense for better or for worse (& somehow, evasion) improvements, Screech to lower defense, Superpower.

Thankfully, the other water-types are jokes.

Looking at their Pokedex entries.... Squirtle's shell protecting it against PRODDING FINGERS. Protect, Withdraw, Iron Defense, Skull Bash (Also buffs physical durability.) Water Pulse & Rain Dance means Squirtle COULD become tanky against anything not "special" & maybe change the arena in its favor.

Piplup being stated to be cold-resistant with thick down... and very proud despite being a poor walker that regularly falls down.

The worst Piplup does is Mist, Whirlpool, & maybe Drill Peck & Hydro Pump. Maybe Bide & Water Sport.

Oshawott's Scalchop is "made from the same element as claws", & "used to open hard berries as well".
Not sure how impressive that is, & yet slashing is how it will immediately respond to an attack.

Oshawott might be an actual threat through confusion with Water Pulse (But a human would know to avoid water this far in.), Encore to compel them into repetition, Swords Dance for extra AP. Not sure if Aqua Jet matters in Speed Equalized.

Popplio is partially difficult for being... acrobatic. http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-ca/pokemon/popplio/

"Popplio's swimming speed is known to exceed 25 mph. It's better at moving in the water than on land. Still, when it's on land, it takes advantage of the elasticity of its balloons to perform acrobatic stunts and jumps."

It also smashes said balloons into foes, for all that's worth.

The other challenges of Popplio are the risks of emotional damage. ....No, really. See Charming Voice.

Games Description
XYORAS
SM

Letting out a charming cry, the user does emotional damage to opposing Pokémon. This attack never misses.
Also Growl.

SM The user growls in an endearing way, making opposing Pokémon less wary. This lowers their Attack stat.
And Encore, Captivate, & Baby-Doll Eyes. Oh & Sing. Aqua Jet, Misty Terrain... and Moonblast & Hyper Voice.

As you might expect, Popplio would probably break the human's heart before killing them with screaming & the power of the moon.

Froakie, the miniature ninja frog/wannabe-future-mascot is actually the biggest pest of the Water-types. Besides the already mentioned resistances....

X It secretes flexible bubbles from its chest and back. The bubbles reduce the damage it would otherwise take when attacked.
Y It protects its skin by covering its body in delicate bubbles. Beneath its happy-go-lucky air, it keeps a watchful eye on its surroundings.
Paralysis from Lick, Quick Attack, Water Pulse, cover with Smokescreen, sound attacks with Round, Bounce, Double Team, & just plain throwing rocks , it would be a very annoying ninja frog to kill.

All things considered, with the current situation, is 7 humans each starting with 1 non-vehicular Real Life weapon that has 4 ammo enough? Even without their anime, manga & Smash feats, some of these starters (Looking at you, Chespin.) are scary.

Does the human side need another upgrade to have a reasonable chance? Would minimum tier Composite/Combined Human be fair?

Well, in their defense....

Bulbasaur is mostly a threat if it gets serious, & isn't killed very quickly.

Omega Ruby Bulbasaur can be seen napping in bright sunlight. There is a seed on its back. By soaking up the sun's rays, the seed grows progressively larger.
Alpha Sapphire
Gold The seed on its back is filled with nutrients. The seed grows steadily larger as its body grows.
Crystal While it is young, it uses the nutrients that are stored in the seeds on its back in order to grow.
The entries do suggest some lazyness, although the domed arena's weather may not be "bright and sunny" enough for it to be napping.

Still, if I saw a 2 foot 4 frog-lizard thing with a giant seed on its back & was armed to assume it's hostile, I might first shoot the seed.

With its weakness to fire (Grenades, other explosives, flamethrowers....) & the possibility that it's a lot less capable with a damaged or destroyed seed -since it holds nutrients for Bulbasaur- means it could go down before it becomes a threat.

But again, if it does get serious, it almost certainly ends up costing the human team 1 of their -currently 7- humans. If not from Poison, then from Leech Seed (Which may continue draining after the user goes down, & possibly heal future Pokemon teammates as well.), & if not from Leech Seed, then from Sleep or Paralysis having crippled the human in their fight against the next Pokemon.

I can see how 7 might not be enough, even with weapons. Are these Pokemon good enough in VSBattle stats to take on Combined/Composite Human?

Also, about the "weak shell" of Squirtle, the entry specifically says "when it's born", meaning an older Squirtle is probably more durable, I'd say Composite Human (having the same skill as Combined Human, iirc) would have the skill to make it past a few of them with weapons

Yeah, Bulbasaur is a killing machine even if you don't take our stats in mind, the humans just find themselves unable to move, poisoned, and their life slowly being drained away, all while they're being hit by vines and sharp leaves cutting through their body

Bulbasaur probably (most likely) solos

Basically, we need 7 batmen to kill. Doesn't Composite Human mean the peak human stats of all of the world's greatest humans combined into one body? Because then, if we give the humans wall level bullets and expert marksmanship, it shouldn't be as much of a stomp as it is now. Still not too hopeful, since we're still fighting moving targets with cover and all.

Changed the rules again, & it's now 7 Composite Human instead of 7 average humans. Briefly pondered increasing the numbers &/or ammos of the humans, but I did at least give them access to some vehicles now.

Hopefully it's not as much of a stomp by Bulbasaur now, lol.

(Inb4 I have to add rules making it clear the humies aren't given Sufficient Preparation time that would give them access to things like nukes or a whole army's worth of weapons/vehicles.)

Ok. So, then, if you give them wall level bullets then depending on their skill with aiming-- or their luck I guess-- they could win. But we would have to determine what the Pokemon's speed are in comparison to each other. I'm thinking Treeco is top of the list and therefore hardest to hit.

So, what weapons in the real world would the humans use? 2 could use a water gun, 2 could use flamethrower, and 2 using plasma guns, waters guns maybe are 10-A for what i meant, (talking about big water guns) but still, it would atleast hurt fire types, and flamethrowers are maybe 9-C, but super effective, Plasma guns, thats likely tier low 8-C, would certainly do the job,

note: they can switch

Back