• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-A/High 6-A Monster Hunter upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
Zorah Magdaros is able to destroy New World by releasing its bio-energy to the everstream. I think every Elder Dragon should be scaled to this. There's no reason not to. It was never stated that ZM's explosion is stronger than any other Elder Dragon's. Not even implication. Now, you can argue that ZM is an odd ball because the whole fleet was needed to take him down but at this point of the game, you were still low-rank Hunter. The ones who are experienced in ED hunting like the Huntsman was also there but he was aiming at Nergigante, not Zorah Magdaros and he never actually stated to defeated Teostra and probably just tie. The bio-energy has very significant markings on the other side of the continent as well as seen in Elder's Recess, even if ED are dying in Rotten Vale.

Then why the upgrade is Multi-Continent Level? Ladies and gentlemen, Xeno'Jiva. Xeno'Jiva feeds on the ED's energy for years, being the mastermind behind the New World's hunger for ED's energy, changing century tradition to decade tradition and if Hunter didn't stop it, it will go even further. If the explosion is indeed continent level and Xeno'Jiva is constantly sucking it in its entirety, it's safe to assume that it's possibly High 6-A like how Soul of Cinder is 4-B. And the thing is, Hunter killed it. Therefore he scales. Every single high-rank monster aka Elder Dragon level monsters scales since Xeno'Jiva is a High-rank mission.

The Hunter: At least 6-A, possibly High 6-A (able to kill Xeno'Jiva, who is consuming Elder Dragons' energy for unknown amount of years)

EDs: At least 6-A (able to create energy comparable to Zorah Magdaros upon death, which can destroy an entire continent in one swoop), possibly High 6-A (able to contend with The Hunter)

Do we have a calc on what destroying the New World would yield? If not, 6-A seems like an okay ballpark.

Firstly. I am in disagreement with scaling Zorah Magdaros to other Elder Dragons. He should be superior to them. He's hailed as, in context, more of a threat than, say, even a deviant elder dragon (which would scale to beings like Oroshi Kirin changing the temperature of an entire region and Hellblade Glavenus turning mountains to ash, both of which would yield roughly 6-C results). The character being a low-rank Hunter is inconsequential, even the Huntsman (who can battle high-rank monsters) couldn't take on Zorah on his own. Even a fleet of Hunters, containing high-rank Hunters, couldn't do it. They even needed a brand new weapon to make him turn back, and have yet to kill Zorah.

Secondly, Zorah Magdaros was not going to "destroy the New World" in the very basic sense of the word. Zorah was going to burn it all to the ground, which can be taken as one of two ways.

1. He was going to physically burn and destroy the New World

2. He was going to cause flames to raze the entirety of the New World.

I prefer the latter, which means it could realistically be calc'd by assuming flames were generated up to a certain height across the entirety of the New World (which would probably yield High 6-C/6-B results, possibly higher).

3. Xeno'jiiva is something different and is clearly vastly superior to Zorah Magdaros. Namely, Xeno'jiiva is born from the bioenergy of hundreds of Elder Dragons coming to the New World to die. Their energy keeps the land alive. These dragons would be in the Tier 6 range themselves. Considering Xeno'jiiva is harnesssed from the energy of the continent, which is realistically between India and Europe in size, this would probably be a 6-A feat, if not higher. However, it scales to no one and makes Xeno'jiiva the second strongest Elder in the series (surpassed by White Fatalis' feat of causing an Eclipse).

I don't really know what to do with scaling, I never really paid attention to lore or the cutscenes.

I'm not sure if we can quantify razing over time though, since the fire the fire would grow naturally.

By the way, has anyone calced Kirin's thunderstorm? As far as I can tell, it ca be viewed into the horizon from the top of mountains. Probably not 6-A but still respectable in its own right.

I did, a long while back.

See, Kirin is first seen at the Coral Highlands in MHW. From here, the storm can be seen stretching to the Horizon. This is noteworthy because the highest point it can be viewed from is the Legiana's Nest, which has a layer of clouds you pass through before getting to the top. So I'd start with a base height of 2000 meters.

I can dig up the calc and repost it to this wiki's standards, but IIRC it got a 7-A outcome.

Although, @Darkanine, I'm not sure that is the case. It was implied that, at the very least, every populated area would be razed instantly. They very heavily stated that the Commission had to decide before Zorah ever touched the Everstream if they wanted to stay, lest they all risk dying to the flames.

Based on this, it seems likely that the flames would cover the continent relatively quickly (or the explosion, which I suppose is also an option).

Zorah was going to blast the world to hell. I think that's instant surface wipe at least. But the explosion should be scaled though. It can have very significant sign across the entire continent, like creating Elder's Recess, which is like other side of the continent. Xeno'Jiva definitely scales to the Hunter. He killed it. It was consuming energy for countless years, it's enough to make it tier 6-A or High 6-A.

I asked awhile ago how to calc geothermal energy, if that could even be done, since that would be the most accurate way (to my knowledge) to calc that. In my opinion, yes, Xeno'jiiva is like a 6-A that scales to no one.

Zorah wouldn't scale to anyone, but the feat is calc'able.

Oh. I thought you meant monsters. Well yeah, it scales to the thing that killed it. This would effectively raise the "At least Low 6-B" to "At least 6-A".

Although we have very weird standards for our MH pages. Everyone scales to one 7-C feat that's just sitting in a sea of Tier 9/8 feats. And to my knowledge, High Rank monsters aren't Deviant monsters. Those are another thing entirely.

Just saying, MH verse is all outta whack.

The explosion should scale to any other death or at least they're 6-B or so because of the corpses. Their energy from the corpse will go to the veins of the earth and then crystalizes, creating an ecosystem known as Elder's Recess, which is across the entire continent. They can be felt across the continent and create life with it.

To any other death? What do you mean?

Wait. Are you saying that Elder Dragons are 6-B for their energy contributing to the Elder's Recess and supporting to the ecosystem of the New World?

Because that's wrong. Literally tons of them have done that over the years. An actually inconceivable amount of elder dragons have canonically shown up. Zorah is a unique example.

Well, I'm wrong about that one I guess. But it still can be felt across the continent though, even if just little by little. Just low-ball the energy that can be felt across the continent and just that.

The Five Dragons in the myth? Forgive me if I forget, what was the Tier 2 feat? Universe creation or something generic like that (and do you have a source, please)?

@Bambu Btw, since no one disagreed and there's so little of us, can I add the 6-A rating now to the Hunter? And also 6-B to High-rank scaling from Dalamadur?

6-B for Dalamadur? Why? For the "Lending energy to the New World" thing?

The 6-A is a definite yes, replace the "At least Low 6-B", as that's just about where it'd fit in (EoG Hunter).

Can I also just address one other issue?

The verse is pretty high-balled on this wiki. The Hunter is scaled at base to one monster with a 7-C feat, with the rest of the monsters it would scale to having pretty consistent Building level and above feats (Being able to shatter large portions of wood/stone walls, Lavasioth spitting lava globs and surviving in a lava pool, Barroth and similar dragons busting huge boulders, Bazelgeuse dropping a vast amount of low-tier bombs, Tetsucabra pretty casually shattering a huge boulder in its mouth, Legiana chilling moderate volumes of air enough to cause ice to appear, and so on).

Basically, 7-C is an outlier for the group, and its based around activating a volcano, not actually having the power of the volcano itself. The thing doesn't have the potency of a volcano, and would only have that AP assuming it is right next to a volcano.

No, Dalamadur is possibly 6-B for creating crustal movements. The Hunter killed it. It's High-rank quest therefore scales to his HG key.

Aren't a lot of verses have this issue? You can say that 6-B One Piece is an outlier considering Big Mom is at best have 6-C statement. You can say that 7-B Gintama is an outlier considering that they are consistently Building Level. I can go on. Inconsistency doesn't make it any less acceptable feat. Also the normal large monsters can destroy entire villages without tiring when they were affected by the frenzy virus. To be fair, frenzy amps the monsters but at the end of the day, the power comes from themselves.

The crust movements would likely need calc'd.

And no. 7-C is a far cry higher than the next highest feat I know of, which is 8-B. And yes, inconsistency does make it a less acceptable feat. And yes, they can. Over time. Not in one blow. And yes, that is with statistics amplification.

In fiction, an inconsistency is when a character has an occurrence usually regarding power that differs from the norm. An inconsistency can work both ways, being either a low showing or a high showing. Generally, inconsistencies should not be accepted unless there is a good reason for it (such as a character who usually holds back on his or her full power).
~ Inconsistency Page​
Word for word, this describes why 7-C Monster Hunter at base is bunk. I'd say 8-B for Lavasioth generating large volumes of lava and surviving such lava on its skin (though that could probably be calc'd, albeit by someone better than I, using surface area).

So, we need a lot of new calculations, huh........ I'll help the best way I can. Also, I'm going to add the tier to Hunter.

We need a plate-shifting calc for sure. We also need a next highest feat to scale to. I have no issue with Agnaktor keeping the 7-C tier, but that is specifically when near a Volcano and it should be stated he doesn't directly manipulate the volcano, merely causes it to become active. It would be like scaling a human being to 7-B feats from nuclear bombs, we just make 'em, we don't have the strength of them.

Heya folks. Did a relevant calc for destroying the New World, got low-end High 6-B results. Needs to be looked over but til then, this is where it rests. Also got a couple of calcs for other Elder Dragons listed here.

Well. No, actually it'd be Low 7-B to my knowledge, based on a sample image of a volcano and assuming baseline mountain height (600m), but that is besides the point.

That AP can only be used when there is a volcano nearby, which is almost never the case. The being isn't Low 7-B on their own, and shouldn't be treated that way. It is also a large outlier over other stuff the verse shows, such as crumbling huge stone boulders and chunks, spewing lava and surviving being covered in lava, and explosions from creatures like Bazelgeuse and, to my knowledge, a fair few other beings.

Based on what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back