• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5-A?

And why is the GBE that is calculated with the formula and the stardestroyer.net page different from the one that appears in the attack power table? And why does it not appear in the Standard sizes part of the AP page that Uranus is used for the 5-A?

Formula: (3*(6.67408x10^-11)*((8.681 × 10^25)^2)) / (5*25362000) = 1.1898677e+34 Joules

Planetary Parameter Calculator: 1.153E+34 Joules

I believe the Planetary Parameter calculator is a simplification of using the GBE formula, which is precisely why we don't use the calculated GBE of Earth, 2.24E+32 J (Using more accurate and even more complicated methods, its actual value is 2.49E+32 J), because our planets are not perfect spheres and not all of them have constant densities.

Speaking of which, why is our Earth GBE on 2.487E+32 J when we could just flat out round it off to 2.49E+32 J as it is on wikipedia?

I believe the Planetary Parameter calculator is a simplification of using the GBE formula, which is precisely why we don't use the calculated GBE of Earth, 2.24E+32 J (Using more accurate and even more complicated methods, its actual value is 2.49E+32 J), because our planets are not perfect spheres and not all of them have constant densities.
Yes, I know, but my question is why the value in the AP table is different from the one in the formula, where does that value come from?

Yes, I know, but my question is why the value in the AP table is different from the one in the formula, where does that value come from?
DontTalkDT should prolly know the answer to this. I was gonna say Assaltwaffle but he's long gone.

Anyway, using the classic GBE formula of U = (3 * G * M^2)/(5r), in which U is GBE in joules, G is the gravitational constant of 6.67408E-11, M is mass in kilograms, r is radius in meters

Or you could use this normal GBE calculator as well

And using the classic GBE formula I get values within close proximity of the one in our AP chart.

Last edited:
This blog has some rough estimates.
The blog was in this thread as well, but I think it was rejected by DontTalkDT because the GBE of the Earth was inaccurate, since the actual GBE is 2.49E+32 joules for Earth assuming all its inequal densities and somesuch using the Preliminary Reference Earth Model.

I think I get it now, I believe the value for Uranus was figured out taking the average mean from the GBE formula value and the StarDestroyer value.

Back