• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4DSTC-being; what do they run on?

Hello,
my question today is the following scenario: a being made up of 3 spatial dimensions and also made up of 1 temporal dimension.
What does this hypothetical being “run on”? Normally,
a 3D being runs on 1 temporal dimension.

But, our hypothetical being is already made up of 1 temporal dimension so, what would it be running on?

I
ll try to simplify, let me know if you still require explanation.
A 3D being, made up of 3 spatial dimensions, would require time ( aka a temporal dimension ) to run, otherwise they’d be frozen forever.
Now, imagine a 4DSTC-being. This being is made up of 3 spatial dimension and also made up of 1 temporal dimension. Finally, I ask, how would this being run? Does it run on itself because it is its own “time”?

Hello,
my question today is the following scenario: a being made up of 3 spatial dimensions and also made up of 1 temporal dimension.
What does this hypothetical being “run on”? Normally,
a 3D being runs on 1 temporal dimension.

But, our hypothetical being is already made up of 1 temporal dimension so, what would it be running on?
I assume in a setting where a being like this exists and is under another timeline, then there would be a second higher timeline over it, basically a 3d+2d space. It could also just be sharing the same time dimension as the spacetime it exists in, which would basically mean it would be a small subset in the greater timeline

I assume in a setting where a being like this exists and is under another timeline, then there would be a second higher timeline over it, basically a 3d+2d space. It could also just be sharing the same time dimension as the spacetime it exists in, which would basically mean it would be a small subset in the greater timeline
I like the “sharing the same time dimension” version. But, you lost me when you said that they are a subset.

Are you saying a timeline can have subsets?

I like the “sharing the same time dimension” version. But, you lost me when you said that they are a subset.

Are you saying a timeline can have subsets?
Sure, any distinct region of spacetime within a larger spacetime is basically a subset

In your case, the person would essentially be a human sized (or at least I assume it's human sized) 4d subset within the space-time - assuming it's existence shares the same time axis as the timeline

Sure, any distinct region of spacetime within a larger spacetime is basically a subset

In your case, the person would essentially be a human sized (or at least I assume it's human sized) 4d subset within the space-time - assuming it's existence shares the same time axis as the timeline
Oh I see. So it’s like the room of spirit and time in dbz? Time flows faster within the RoSaT but it is considered a “subset” within the outside timeline ( the outside timeline would be the actual timeline ).

Time axis? You mean the temporal dimension? Like, if there were two separate universes, if they have different temporal dimensions running them, they would have a different time axis?

Oh I see. So it’s like the room of spirit and time in dbz? Time flows faster within the RoSaT but it is considered a “subset” within the outside timeline ( the outside timeline would be the actual timeline ).
Yes basically, but in this case, because the ROSAT is explicitly stated to have it own time dimension, the timeline which it is subset of, would require 2 time dimensions overall
Time axis? You mean the temporal dimension? Like, if there were two separate universes, if they have different temporal dimensions running them, they would have a different time axis?
yes they would, although the existence of different time dimensions is very difficult to prove in fictional stories, it's far more common or one time axis to run through all space times in bla fictional setting.

Yes basically, but in this case, because the ROSAT is explicitly stated to have it own time dimension, the timeline which it is subset of, would require 2 time dimensions overall

yes they would, although the existence of different time dimensions is very difficult to prove in fictional stories, it's far more common or one time axis to run through all space times in bla fictional setting.
What if my universe has artificially created pocket dimensions within them; where the entire earth population uses them during everyday life?
If my charcater destroyed the spacetime continuum of that universe, would those pocket dimensions factor at all? Personally, I don’t want it to factor at all. I’d want the feat to remain Low 2-C.

What if my universe has artificially created pocket dimensions within them; where the entire earth population uses them during everyday life?
If my charcater destroyed the spacetime continuum of that universe, would those pocket dimensions factor at all? Personally, I don’t want it to factor at all. I’d want the feat to remain Low 2-C.
As long as these dimensions are either compactified or don't have universe sizes 3d space and do not have independent time axes, they won't factor

Back