• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man Noir vs Jonah Hex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonah can:

• Floor one of these with a single punch. (Or at least that's what the profile says. I don't actually remember this ever happening, but whatever.)
  • Withstand being repeatedly run into by a bull. (This one I remember full well.)
  • Survive being hit by a truck. (Which I also remember explicitly) According to this, a normal-sized car doing like 22mph can easily hit with 100,000 joules, and this was a head-on collision with a semi going at a decent speed.
Just to ballpark where he's at physically.

I dunno yet.

I'm actually pulling a face while I'm looking at Hex's profile right now, since I've realized he has feats from both his Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint selves, which are two completely different characters.

I'm also wondering how in the hell I've managed to miss "Spider-Man Noir" being a thing.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I'm also wondering how in the hell I've managed to miss "Spider-Man Noir" being a thing.
There are two main series of comics that focus solely on him; both are 4 issues long. Would recommend those

He's also in some shit with the whole Spider-Verse thing Marvel's been pushing. Not just the movie but it's in the recent comics too.

The two Spider-Man Noir comics tho are the ones I would recommend. First one's just called Spider-Man Noir and the second is Eyes Without a Face.

I'll look into it. Definitely sounds like something I could get into. Plus I can never get enough Tier 9 characters in my life.

EWaF is also one of the darker Spider-Man stories I've read so I think you'll enjoy that.

Dunno your stance on this type of thing but there's always... ahem...

I don't have a "for" or "against". But I dislike that site in particular because it always slows a browser down into an agonizing death no matter what type of computer I try opening it on.

Well, anyway...

How good is Spidey Noir's combat skill? At range as well as in melee.

At range he mostly uses webs-- Noir's are actually biological and don't come from web shooters-- but he doesn't shy away from using guns either. Like most versions of Spidey he prefers to and is quite good at dodging.

In close quarters he can take out several guys at once multiple times. He also dodged around Dock Ock in close quarters, and although this version of Ock is a lot less combat-oriented, he's arguably deadlier in close quarters in this version than in others. He's in a wheelchair but this one has several arms attached to it that each wield scalpels, knives, etc in combat.

He also has the Spider Sense which works exactly like it does in most incarnations.

Huh. Not bad.

I guess I'll just go with feats from whatever I can find, since the version of Hex isn't specified on his page.

• He took out three gunmen with nothing but a sword, and his sword skills are so good that he can cut bullets in midair at close range.
  • He's outfought Post-Crisis Batman in melee at least twice that I can recall.
  • He can shoot dynamite out of the air.
How well can Spidey Noir handle an opponent whose overall skill is at this level?

Ah well none of this really seems that impressi-

MrKingOfNegativity said:
  • He's outfought Post-Crisis Batman in melee at least twice that I can recall.
Nvm he wins.

In all seriousness, shouldn't he be 8-C if that's true?

No, seeing as Post-Crisis Batman shouldn't be 8-C to begin with.

I doubt he actually physically scales, considering he canonically gets hurt and even killed by far less on a regular basis. I just put it out there as a skill showing.

Eh, I'd recommend talking to Therfir about getting a recalc. It's been sat on for 2 months.

Well, going by the feats...

Hex seems more skilled. Even if we ignore his fights with Batman, shooting through the eyeholes in someone's armor and killing ten men with one ricocheted bullet seem like much more impressive raw skill showings than what's up there for Spidey Noir. He also outshot robotic gunfighters designed to fire faster and more accurately than any human, which is another thing I'd say puts him over Spidey.

That said, Spidey appears to have him beat in most other areas that matter, including versatility. Precog isn't something I see him dealing with in a reliable manner, and mobility isn't in his favor either. (although it can be argued that he's capable of shooting Spidey out of the air)

It's close, but in the end, I'd give it to Spidey 6.5 times out of 10.

Yeah what I put up there is almost every skill and combat feat that exists for Noir. Guess that's what happens when you have a total of eight issues under your belt.

Figures that the moment one of my favorite gunslingers not named Roland starts getting matches, he jobs in all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back