• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The hunter

Harry

Rules

Speed equalized

Battle takes place in london

Harry’s allowed The sword of gryffindor while the hunter is allowed his allowed everything except tranquilizers

The hunter has knowledge of Harry and has prep for the radar too

They are 30ft away and out of sight

In-character

First key hunter is used

Last edited:
If Harry has his wand, he would likely incap instantly, since that's what Harry does by default. The Sword isn't really any better, that's only useful against enemies who are beyond his magical power in some way.

I see Harry taking this pretty easily

I say the hunter has the advantage here. First, the hunter is using a gun while harry is only allowed to use a sword. The difference in range is so great. Second, the hunter has stealth mastery. He can just sneak up to harry and oneshot him.

If Harry has his wand, he would likely incap instantly, since that's what Harry does by default. The Sword isn't really any better, that's only useful against enemies who are beyond his magical power in some way.

Hunter has prior knowledge so he wouldn't just let that happen and he has the radar so he'll know where Harry is before the latter can spot him. Their speed are also equalized so Harry casting any spell will happen at the same rate as the Hunter raising his gun and firing.
I say the hunter has the advantage here. First, the hunter is using a gun while harry is only allowed to use a sword. The difference in range is so great. Second, the hunter has stealth mastery. He can just sneak up to harry and oneshot him.
Uh, Harry doesn't have just the sword. His wand is standard equipment. The Hunter only has stealth mastery while wearing camouflage and it's optional equipment.

What spells does he usually cast?

From what I remember with Harry he usually opens with trying to disarm his opponent with Expeliarmus, also he should likely have his invisibility cloak too as well as flight for better manoeuvrability and since its London he should be more familiar with the city than Hunter. He's no slouch in using stealth tactics himself as shown when he sneaked inside the ministry and gringotts iirc

From what I remember with Harry he usually opens with trying to disarm his opponent with Expeliarmus, also he should likely have his invisibility cloak too as well as flight for better manoeuvrability and since its London he should be more familiar with the city than Hunter. He's no slouch in using stealth tactics himself as shown when he sneaked inside the ministry and gringotts iirc
That said the hunter has a map for any location he’s in and the radar essentially lets him pinpoint something’s location. Though it doesn’t cover elevation or like the interior of a house or whatever

How good is Hunter's camo? Harry's cloak conceals him pretty much perfectly short of him stepping a limb out of it. If the radar can't cover elevation then Harry's broomstick will serve well in covering ground better than Hunter can. On that topic if both start attacking each other Harry can just disarm Hunter of his equipment/transmute it into useless trinkets or use petrificus totalis which spawns right on you for an insta incap.

How good is Hunter's camo? Harry's cloak conceals him pretty much perfectly short of him stepping a limb out of it. If the radar can't cover elevation then Harry's broomstick will serve well in covering ground better than Hunter can. On that topic if both start attacking each other Harry can just disarm Hunter of his equipment/transmute it into useless trinkets or use petrificus totalis which spawns right on you.
I’m not sure how good it is but I mean camouflage only covers the body and legs and shoes

Besides since he has prior knowledge and prep he can use the radar to detect Where Harry is exactly and he knows what Harry can do

That clothing can help sure, but Harry's camo is far more better as its perfect invisibility so long as his body isn't exposed out of the cloak. Plus if Harry gets a bead on the Hunter he could remove his opponent's camo by using diffindo to render it useless.

Prior knowledge helps yes, but the problem is even if he knows on the radar where he is Harry can still traverse the battlefield better and block line of sight with buildings. Assuming Harry struggles with finding the hunter he could summon hedwig to help with the search who was able to find Sirius Black (One of the most wanted men in all of Wizarding Britain) even when he was in hiding or on the move iirc

Also Harry's spells generally spawn on the target such as Diffindo, Expeliarmus, Petrificus and the unforgivable curses etc which is faster acting than the time it'd take one to assess a flying, more manoeuvrable opponent, raise a gun and get a bead on them. Bullets can be handled with Harry using Protego which goes up to High 8-C dura etc

I feel he has a solid chance don't get me wrong, one shot should be able to win there assuming he can get Harry without his barriers up. Voting Harry still though for better mobility, concealment and various incap options.

Harry's signature spell is the disarming charm, but he does also go with the stunning jinx a lot, especially in Order of the Phoenix.

Harry also knows a lot of jinxes, hexes and curses we actually don't know about that he learned during his time training to the a Tri-Wizard Champion.

He should also know Bombarda, Bombarda Maxima and Reducto, the first two are explosions, the 2nd one of which is so powerful as to be able to break into the Room of Requirement in the movies, Reducto is capable of disintegrating anything it hits.

If Harry wants to turtle down he can too, he learned all of Hermione's charms, the continuous barrier charm, the muggle repelling charm, the sound negating charm, the mass invisibility charm.

Harry's signature spell is the disarming charm, but he does also go with the stunning jinx a lot, especially in Order of the Phoenix.

Harry also knows a lot of jinxes, hexes and curses we actually don't know about that he learned during his time training to the a Tri-Wizard Champion.

He should also know Bombarda, Bombarda Maxima and Reducto, the first two are explosions, the 2nd one of which is so powerful as to be able to break into the Room of Requirement in the movies, Reducto is capable of disintegrating anything it hits.

If Harry wants to turtle down he can too, he learned all of Hermione's charms, the continuous barrier charm, the muggle repelling charm, the sound negating charm, the mass invisibility charm.
So you think Harry wins but it’s not a stomp?

Btw off-topic but Markus needs those guns for the equipment

I feel he has a solid chance don't get me wrong, one shot should be able to win there assuming he can get Harry without his barriers up. Voting Harry still though for better mobility, concealment and various incap options.

I suppose I vote for Harry winning the battle based on the quoted reasons. I'm not familiar with what he would do in a battle, but these assessments seem well informed.

Prior knowledge helps yes, but the problem is even if he knows on the radar where he is Harry can still traverse the battlefield better and block line of sight with buildings. Assuming Harry struggles with finding the hunter he could summon hedwig to help with the search who was able to find Sirius Black (One of the most wanted men in all of Wizarding Britain) even when he was in hiding or on the move iirc
Bruh read the rules. Another character can only help one of the characters in a vs battle if he or she is only useful with that character and also the rules didn’t said so they can’t help harry.

Also Harry's spells generally spawn on the target such as Diffindo, Expeliarmus, Petrificus and the unforgivable curses etc which is faster acting than the time it'd take one to assess a flying, more manoeuvrable opponent, raise a gun and get a bead on them. Bullets can be handled with Harry using Protego which goes up to High 8-C dura etc
Idk but seems like that spell can only protect harry against other spells. I only saw the first 3 Harry Potter movies so I don’t really know but that’s what the wiki said.

But despite this, I think Harry would still won cuz of the cloak. Although hunter has a radar, if u ever played a game on Roblox called jailbreak, u will know even if u use a radar, u need at least 10 seconds to find out approximately where he is. That’s is cuz the stuff on a radar is 2D. U need time to identify which 2D thing on the radar is irl. Also, the hunter is not familiar to London and should take way more time than that. During that time, harry can already oneshot him.

Bruh read the rules. Another character can only help one of the characters in a vs battle if he or she is only useful with that character and also the rules didn’t said so they can’t help harry.
I think you misunderstood the "no outside help" section of the SBA. Hedwig is Harry's pet owl that he can summon and is thus a part of his abilities and equipment.
Idk but seems like that spell can only protect harry against other spells. I only saw the first 3 Harry Potter movies so I don’t really know but that’s what the wiki said.
It protects him from physical attacks too. I don't have scans though so the HP supporters will have to provide rhem.
But despite this, I think Harry would still won cuz of the cloak. Although hunter has a radar, if u ever played a game on Roblox called jailbreak, u will know even if u use a radar, u need at least 10 seconds to find out approximately where he is. That’s is cuz the stuff on a radar is 2D. U need time to identify which 2D thing on the radar is irl. Also, the hunter is not familiar to London and should take way more time than that. During that time, harry can already oneshot him.
Not sure why you used that example specifically but alright, that makes sense (I'm the only current supporter of Jailbreak on the wiki by the way).

If you have radar it’s passive also anywhere he goes a map generates

Here’s some gameplay

Multiple yellow dots on the map indicate where all the members of a species are. Given the prep time and the prior knowledge it means the hunter can put Harry on the radar and since it’s only one person he can know exactly where he is and know for sure it’s him

Back