• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bobsican

He/Him
Sora is at 2-B, speed equal

Child of Destiny: 0

Azure Striker: 0

They simp (inconclusive): 7 (@Axl233 , @HyperNepsy , @Xmark12 , @Bobsican , @Smashtwig, @Fezzih_007 , @Migue79 )

Gunvolt_GV3.png
Sora_%28KHII%29_%28Art%29.png

Last edited:
Considering that Lightning Assault (his teleport) doubles as an attack, and activates instantly as soon as you hit the button, and a similar attack was used to break out of Tenjian’s ice holds, GV should honestly just be fine. Even if the ice somehow doesn’t break Teleportation is as fast as GV realizes he’s in a hold, and I’m not sure Sora goes for this play off rip anyways. Even if he manages to get a BFR off, GV Prevades, or uses passive Astral Order on himself to just like… not

Oh, I might as well post the Prevasion Copypasta

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Smashtwig/Prevasion's_Inconsistency (this is the current full guide to Prevasion, it may be missing some details)

Prevasion is an automatic intangibility defense that turns users into electrons. It costs part of a character specific resource (EP, Bullits, Talismans). So long as the user has their required resource, they've already "dodged" the attack, hence "Pre"vasion. By default, users are practically unhittable while still being able to attack during its activation. As for the resource, that resource is rechargable, either on its own, or manually by the user. If one chooses the latter, all of the required resource is instantly restored to its absolute max. Combine this with Prevasion, and users can stall out anyone if they really wanted to (the games even call them "pseudo invincible" and even Matt in a interview just called you invincible). In character most users want to keep their resources topped and will always try to restore their resource, and they can become intangible even while restoring

In Azure Striker Gunvolt 3, he gets even more things he can Prevade, such as Soul / Time / Space / Death / Concept killing attacks (Seven Slashes and Zero Blade), 2-A Existence Erasure and BFR (Damnatio Memorie), 2-A Power Nullification and Stats Reduction (Greed Snatcher), and Prevasion is overall a 2-A / Multiversal ability, since attacks that normally can bypass Prevasion such as Damnatio Memorie going through Kirin's cannot pierce Gunvolt in Gunvolt 3's. In addition in Gunvolt 3, Gunvolt doesn't need to recharge anymore, at all, as "EP" not only doesn't exist, but is infinite

This is Moebius-Gunvolt's (the one we're using) Prevasion video so you get the idea. Keep in mind that Prevasion is a 2-A ability, as 2-A level attacks (of an EE nature) straight up just... didn't work on him.

Even to hit ASG1&2 GV, you’d need to hit specifically electrons to feasibly hit him, and sometimes even then it may not work- and in ASG3- even that isn’t enough, as now he can Prevade things that used to go through Prevasion like Spacetime, Soul, Conceptual, Death, Existence Erasure, History Removal (every timeline, BFR, Power Nullification+Stat Reduction, Below Absolute Zero and all sorts of other BS.

I'll just respond to any other attack that Sora tries and see if GV Prevades that kind of thing, which in all honestly he probably does, and we'll see if Sora can actually kill GV, who also comes with a very High End Mid-G Regen

Considering that Lightning Assault (his teleport) doubles as an attack, and activates instantly as soon as you hit the button, and a similar attack was used to break out of Tenjian’s ice holds, GV should honestly just be fine. Even if the ice somehow doesn’t break Teleportation is as fast as GV realizes he’s in a hold, and I’m not sure Sora goes for this play off rip anyways. Even if he manages to get a BFR off, GV Prevades, or uses passive Astral Order on himself to just like… not
Well, eventually he'd notice he has no better option, and he can very easily follow up.

Also, GV can Prevade Void Manip, right? I'm mentioning this because otherwise he'd be able to bypass it with Ragnarok.

Looking at the Prevasion blog, I'd also have to ask if Magnega and Magnet Burst would be relevant, given they also work on non-metallic stuff.

Thing is the BFR is on a -1-A scale

Well, eventually he'd notice he has no better option, and he can very easily follow up.
Fair enough- though it'll be a while where he thinks of immediately BFRing, meanwhile I see pretty much no reason (aside from like, Game Mechanics) where GV doesn't also immediately react with Lightning Assault teleport to dodge, given it's basically what he does at all times in our primary source for his Standard Tactics being the Moebius GV fight. Also gonna remind that Class M vs Class P is quite astronomical of a difference, and the ice based freeze may straight up just not work and GV will continue to fly right through the attempt, much like how I can't stop a moving car by pushing at it.
Also, GV can Prevade Void Manip, right? I'm mentioning this because otherwise he'd be able to bypass it with Ragnarok.
From what I understand Void Manipulation is simply "nothingness" aka EE, GV more than likely Prevades it. Jota's SP Skill turns the world and existence itself into "zero"
It’s a powerful attack which is based on altering a quantum mechanical idea to his needs. This particular idea suggests that only what we observe through our naked eyes actually exists, and it acknowledges that “light” is what’s shaping the world. Iota controls that “light” which shapes the world and, by turning it into zero, he can tear the world/space itself
Considering that "nothingness" is exactly what the number 0 represents, and Gunvolt has surpassed that many times over with Prevading the concepts and existences of his soul, space, and time- as well as multiversal+ existence erasure, which is what Void Manipulation... does (see our page on it). I don't see a reason why Gunvolt cannot Prevade it. Damnatio Memorie even does a whole "nothingness" EE thing, though it's based on visuals.
Looking at the Prevasion blog, I'd also have to ask if Magnega and Magnet Burst would be relevant, given they also work on non-metallic stuff.
Magnetism at this point in GV's career is likely not effective at all. Not only is Magnetism something that affects pretty much any type of matter ever, which Gunvolt controls, Gunvolt can Prevade Greed Snatcher, a 4-D Magnetism based ability- which is based off of the SP Skill of Carrera, which does just what does moves do, draw Gunvolt in. Even if that doesn't work, not only is Gunvolt Physical and Magnetism Class P vs Magnetism's Class M, but Gunvolt can once again simply teleport.
Even so, depending on how the BFR works, even if GV cannot Prevade it, he was always a ranged fighter to begin with. In the M-GV fight he's always spamming teleport whenever he can, and even in that fight he never uses Lightning Assault offensively or ANY melee attack whatsoever- more than likely, if the BFR needs to be aimed or Sora has to be at a certain range to do it, GV can teleport away to avoid it, and a constantly teleporting character is relatively hard to really tag. Keep in mind that Gunvolt's teleportation reaches in thousands of kilometers of range- and even assuming Sora's teleportation can cover that distance, he would be using it in reaction to Gunvolt's constant teleportation, being one step behind- while also needing to find where he teleports to in the first place, in a chase, the person that is running always has the advantage because they choose where to go when they want to go, where as the chaser has to react to them and deal with the circumstances they are given by the runner.

Doesn't the "-1-A" BFR only work when Sora kills Gunvolt?
In-character speaking, yes, it's also automatic on that regard if the regen negating fails.

Fair enough- though it'll be a while where he thinks of immediately BFRing, meanwhile I see pretty much no reason (aside from like, Game Mechanics) where GV doesn't also immediately react with Lightning Assault teleport to dodge, given it's basically what he does at all times in our primary source for his Standard Tactics being the Moebius GV fight. Also gonna remind that Class M vs Class P is quite astronomical of a difference, and the ice based freeze may straight up just not work and GV will continue to fly right through the attempt, much like how I can't stop a moving car by pushing at it.
Okay.

From what I understand Void Manipulation is simply "nothingness" aka EE, GV more than likely Prevades it. Jota's SP Skill turns the world and existence itself into "zero"
Something something it has at least 27 hax layers.

Considering that "nothingness" is exactly what the number 0 represents, and Gunvolt has surpassed that many times over with Prevading the concepts and existences of his soul, space, and time- as well as multiversal+ existence erasure, which is what Void Manipulation... does (see our page on it). I don't see a reason why Gunvolt cannot Prevade it. Damnatio Memorie even does a whole "nothingness" EE thing, though it's based on visuals.
This is more like Void Manip based on the element involved in the series, which has the trait of doing damage while ignoring durability, also see the above.

Magnetism at this point in GV's career is likely not effective at all. Not only is Magnetism something that affects pretty much any type of matter ever, which Gunvolt controls, Gunvolt can Prevade Greed Snatcher, a 4-D Magnetism based ability- which is based off of the SP Skill of Carrera, which does just what does moves do, draw Gunvolt in. Even if that doesn't work, not only is Gunvolt Physical and Magnetism Class P vs Magnetism's Class M, but Gunvolt can once again simply teleport.
Even a small timeframe would be a wincon TBH considering Sora's toolkit and his capabilities to follow up, keep in mind Sora is very skilled.

Even so, depending on how the BFR works, even if GV cannot Prevade it, he was always a ranged fighter to begin with. In the M-GV fight he's always spamming teleport whenever he can, and even in that fight he never uses Lightning Assault offensively or ANY melee attack whatsoever- more than likely, if the BFR needs to be aimed or Sora has to be at a certain range to do it, GV can teleport away to avoid it, and a constantly teleporting character is relatively hard to really tag. Keep in mind that Gunvolt's teleportation reaches in thousands of kilometers of range- and even assuming Sora's teleportation can cover that distance, he would be using it in reaction to Gunvolt's constant teleportation, being one step behind- while also needing to find where he teleports to in the first place, in a chase, the person that is running always has the advantage because they choose where to go when they want to go, where as the chaser has to react to them and deal with the circumstances they are given by the runner.
Sora has already dealt with a opponent that teleport spams and just shoots around like GV.

Sora has a innate radar of his surroundings and can even perceive where exactly the opponent is with his Scan ability, so it wouldn't be that difficult for him to know where GV is even if not directly within sight.

...Which Sora key is this? He has five 2-B keys. Art suggests KH2 but you should still make it clear.

Again, by SBA it's the strongest, thus Morb'd GV
Generally the rightmost key is the strongest, if that's your issue on it not being intuitive.

Sora also only has three 2-B keys, not five

Something something it has at least 27 hax layers. This is more like Void Manip based on the element involved in the series, which has the trait of doing damage while ignoring durability, also see the above.
Well okay then, I'm also gonna assume that it's conceptual too? How would that stack up to like, 2-A levels of Void manip from Damnatio?

Plus what does "ignoring defenses" even mean, that doesn't necessarily mean specifically electron intangibility
Even a small timeframe would be a wincon TBH considering Sora's toolkit and his capabilities to follow up, keep in mind Sora is very skilled.
I don't think it'll even work at all, there probably won't even BE a small timeframe, Class M vs Class P is a huge difference, and Gunvolt being electromagnetism man is probably just not gonna be affected by Sora's Magnetism at all. Again it's like a human pushing against a car going max speed they aren't gonna make a difference.
Sora has already dealt with a opponent that teleport spams and just shoots around like GV.
Honestly looking at it, his teleport spam is really bad compared to GV's but it's for gameplay so I'll personally let it pass. But I need to emphasize this very clearly:

Just because you dealt with something before doesn't mean that it isn't a problem at all. Even if I've dealt with a guy holding a gun before, it doesn't mean I'm just magically immune to people with guns because I've dealt with them before. It's still an issue that's hard to deal with, and as Sora is the one chasing GV, GV gets the advantage of choosing where to go, and more importantly here, when to go.

Sora has a innate radar of his surroundings and can even perceive where exactly the opponent is with his Scan ability, so it wouldn't be that difficult for him to know where GV is even if not directly within sight.
Aight, but Sora still being inheritly reactive in this situation still gives GV the advantage as he's the runner, not the chaser

I didn't bring this up yet but, why exactly can't GV just use Astral Order to like... predict what Sora's going to do? It's 2-A so it'll cover pretty much cover anything Sora does, and not only that, GV can use Astral Order to simply control his own fate as well to make sure he doesn't get his with whatever BS Sora comes up with.

Also, what does Sora not resist because at the rate this is going, all we're doing is seeing if GV survives, which is probable to me but if he doesn't then Sora just stomps lol

Last edited:
Well okay then, I'm also gonna assume that it's conceptual too? How would that stack up to like, 2-A levels of Void manip from Damnatio?
Yes.

Besides 2-B and 2-A being the same tier when it comes to hax (aka, 4-D), it's actually smurf Smashtwig, tier 1 has more priority as you may know.

Plus what does "ignoring defenses" even mean, that doesn't necessarily mean specifically electron intangibility
Basically ignoring physical durability when doing damage, this is not one of those verses where an electric intangible is ever a topic, so I'd wait for what you think given the above part with smurfness.

I don't think it'll even work at all, there probably won't even BE a small timeframe, Class M vs Class P is a huge difference, and Gunvolt being electromagnetism man is probably just not gonna be affected by Sora's Magnetism at all. Again it's like a human pushing against a car going max speed they aren't gonna make a difference.
Fine then.

Honestly looking at it, his teleport spam is really bad compared to GV's but it's for gameplay so I'll personally let it pass. But I need to emphasize this very clearly:

Just because you dealt with something before doesn't mean that it isn't a problem at all. Even if I've dealt with a guy holding a gun before, it doesn't mean I'm just magically immune to people with guns because I've dealt with them before. It's still an issue that's hard to deal with, and as Sora is the one chasing GV, GV gets the advantage of choosing where to go, and more importantly here, when to go.
It does give him the advantage in terms of way more quickly getting customized to the match, especially given he fought an electricity main before as well, although a similar argument can be made on GV's side as Sora does fight (very barely) like Kirin.

Aight, but Sora still being inheritly reactive in this situation still gives GV the advantage as he's the runner, not the chaser
And what wincons he has again?

I didn't bring this up yet but, why exactly can't GV just use Astral Order to like... predict what Sora's going to do? It's 2-A so it'll cover pretty much cover anything Sora does, and not only that, GV can use Astral Order to simply control his own fate as well to make sure he doesn't get his with whatever BS Sora comes up with.
Something something smurf fate hax means that GV's AO gets overriden, although it's also limited to Sora's side, it doesn't give Sora a wincon in itself.

Also, what does Sora not resist because at the rate this is going, all we're doing is seeing if GV survives, which is probable to me but if he doesn't then Sora just stomps lol
Uh... the Radiation Manip, I think, which then falls back to the High-Godly type 8 anyways.

Last edited:
Basically ignoring physical durability when doing damage, this is not one of those verses where an electric intangible is ever a topic, so I'd wait for what you think given the above part with smurfness.
Hm, well that's not exactly something I'd imagine getting pass Prevasion tbh, the ASG universe has plenty of moves that bypass durability like AZ, Bio Absorption, more EEs that fit the "void" theme, soul, concept, spacetime destroying, Stat Reduction to human level shots for one shotting (all in one projectile), haven't bypassed GV's Prevasion- I feel like a vague description of just "bypassing physical durability" is not gonna cut it here when Prevasion's already dealt with so many kinds of of moves that do exactly that very thing.

Also, if I recall, in order to hit through Prevasion, you have to specifically hit electrons- which in this case is layered (if I recall). I personally think that's kinda BS to be absurdly specific, but apparently that's how it works over here.

So uh, dont think thats an option
It does give him the advantage in terms of way more quickly getting customized to the match, especially given he fought an electricity main before as well, although a similar argument can be made on GV's side as Sora does fight (very barely) like Kirin.
Yeah I'm not denying that, just sometimes I see people ignore a person's abilities and hax just because the character they're arguing before has "fought it before", which annoys me a lot tbh

Considering that the argument so far is Sora finding a way into melee range for his stuff to work his stuff, he'll eventually straight up starting fighting exactly like Kirin lol.
And what wincons he has again?
Well, absolutely nothing, much like how a guy being chased by another guy with a knife. The advantage here is that Gunvolt has the initiative in this interaction, and Sora, being the chaser absolutely always has to follow him.
Something something smurf fate hax means that GV's AO gets overriden, although it's also limited to Sora's side, it doesn't give Sora a wincon in itself.
Maybe for Sora's side, GV can just fate himself to not die to Sora and thus not get BFR'd
Uh... the Radiation Manip, I think, which then falls back to the High-Godly type 8 anyways.
Assuming you refer to Dragon Radiation, yeah it doesn't really matter too much unless the radiation manages to Empa-Manip or Madness Manip Sora. If so, keep in mind it's also passive

So I feel like neither can really... ever get each other so-

Incon FRA

(Yes incons can happen when there's no win condition so long as it's throughly discussed, and discusses something not directly on the page, Void Manip being just that)

Last edited:
Sora resists Empa and Mad hax, yeah.

Ragnarok is this, but yeah, a strong argument can be made for lol Prevasion.

Incon FRA

Last edited:
"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc." (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Versus_Thread_Rules#Speed_Equalization_Rules_and_Assumptions)

Considering Gunvolt has slower travel speed compared to his reactions and combat speed it seems like as if Sora would have faster travel speed in this match and therefore would have this as an advantage during a chase though Gunvolt has Teleportation.

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc." (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Versus_Thread_Rules#Speed_Equalization_Rules_and_Assumptions)

Considering Gunvolt has slower travel speed compared to his reactions and combat speed it seems like as if Sora would have faster travel speed in this match and therefore would have this as an advantage during a chase though Gunvolt has Teleportation.
The chase argument was based on teleportation more than travel speed so its their reactions/combat speed that matters here

Common sora w.. i mean incon fra
Given GVs lack of popularity this is actually more of a GV W because Inconing might as well be a W for him

Back