• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Travis Touchdown vs Tanjiro Kamado Redux[GRACE OVER]

So it's just another sword duel match. Since the OP stated that he's using the 8-C versions of the characters, that means that this is Demon Slayer Mark Tanjiro. How much does that hinder him? His weakness section mentions that the mark quickly drains him of his stamina, and not only is Travis a good dodger, but time also happens to slow down everytime he performs a succesful dodge, so if it becomes harder and harder for Tanjiro to move about, then Travis will just keep smacking him with his beam katana and make him unable to fight back.

The only thing stopping Travis from beating the crap out of Tanjiro is the fact that Tanji seems to have a ridiculous AP advantage, though I could be wrong.

So it's just another sword duel match. Since the OP stated that he's using the 8-C versions of the characters, that means that this is Demon Slayer Mark Tanjiro. How much does that hinder him? His weakness section mentions that the mark quickly drains him of his stamina, and not only is Travis a good dodger, but time also happens to slow down everytime he performs a succesful dodge, so if it becomes harder and harder for Tanjiro to move about, then Travis will just keep smacking him with his beam katana and make him unable to fight back.

The only thing stopping Travis from beating the crap out of Tanjiro is the fact that Tanji seems to have a ridiculous AP advantage, though I could be wrong.
His stamina with the DSM on is still high just not as high, He was able to take a beating from akaza and still continued to fight, And he fought lower moon level demons for nearly 5 hours in the same arc. The STW does the same thing, The STW gives him precog that makes his opponent move slower, he was able to perceive akaza who was casually blitzing him beforehand, and he has precog even before the STW, and tanjiro is hella mobile too, even when he wasn't trained he was able to dodge traps set on a mountain while low on oxygen. The DSM mark is also a massive amp, He went from keeping up with one hantengu clone to being able to easily overpower three of them, Tanjiro is also crazy skilled and analytic

His stamina with the DSM on is still high just not as high, He was able to take a beating from akaza and still continued to fight, And he fought lower moon level demons for nearly 5 hours in the same arc. The STW does the same thing, The STW gives him precog that makes his opponent move slower, he was able to perceive akaza who was casually blitzing him beforehand, and he has precog even before the STW, and tanjiro is hella mobile too, even when he wasn't trained he was able to dodge traps set on a mountain while low on oxygen. The DSM mark is also a massive amp, He went from keeping up with one hantengu clone to being able to easily overpower three of them, Tanjiro is also crazy skilled and analytic
tanjiro doesn’t have STW nor precog nor has he fought Akaza in this key pls read

Infinity fortress
How did you even get that impression?
That wouldn’t even make sense as Infinity castle Arc Tanjiro isn’t even a key and that would be post Sun mastery?Which would no longer be 8-C and I even Specified it was post rehabilitation training Tanjiro with DSM.

Last edited:
Off by a mile there but moving on then
Bruh, Anyways

So in these versions, The DSM does hinder tanjiro's stamina but I'd say his stamina will still be decent, Travis will outlast though if it comes down to that, What's Travis' AP Value? Tanjiro's and just the KnY profiles as a whole is a mess, Tanjiro gets his 8-C in this key by striking with 100 times his normal strength is small building level, But we don't have an exact value since it just says he fought enmu so he's small building, But enmu has no profile so we dont know the exact value of his AP from here, and if we take his normal AP Value in his strongest key before this one, His AP would only be 0.6 tons which is not 8-C (He defeated the hand demon which has a calc that puts him at 0.006 tons)

Well, he tends to attack his opponent with his beam katana, but he will also sometimes attempt to batista bomb them or pull off similar grappling tricks, which is a bad thing for Tanjiro considering the massive LS difference. Since this is NMH2 Travis, he will also likely switch his beam katanas as well, the one that would be hardest for Tanjiro to deal with would probably be Rose Nasty, since Travis is more agile and jumpy when using them.

Well, he tends to attack his opponent with his beam katana, but he will also sometimes attempt to batista bomb them or pull off similar grappling tricks, which is a bad thing for Tanjiro considering the massive LS difference. Since this is NMH2 Travis, he will also likely switch his beam katanas as well, the one that would be hardest for Tanjiro to deal with would probably be Rose Nasty, since Travis is more agile and jumpy when using them.
Whats a beam katana? And tanjiro could prolly break out of a batista bomb by slashing travis while he's grappled, And Tanjiro is agile and mobile too so he should be able to react to travis and hit him just fine

A beam katana is... well, the name says it all. It's a katana, but the blade is an intangible and very hot beam. They're not actually based off of lightsabers but instead this scene from Spaceballs.
And tanjiro could prolly break out of a batista bomb by slashing travis while he's grappled
Not really, since Travis has a good pain tolerance, so a few slashes while he's trying to grapple someones arms and torso wouldn't work.

Tanjiro is agile and mobile too so he should be able to react to travis and hit him just fine
Yes, but what I meant is that since he's fighting a guy who is incredible at dodging things, who can also slow down time everytime he succesfully dodges an attack, him switching to a weapon that makes him more agile is gonna be a pain in the ass for Tanjiro.

A beam katana is... well, the name says it all. It's a katana, but the blade is an intangible and very hot beam. They're not actually based off of lightsabers but instead this scene from Spaceballs.

Not really, since Travis has a good pain tolerance, so a few slashes while he's trying to grapple someones arms and torso wouldn't work.

Yes, but what I meant is that since he's fighting a guy who is incredible at dodging things, who can also slow down time everytime he succesfully dodges an attack, him switching to a weapon that makes him more agile is gonna be a pain in the ass for Tanjiro.
Oh alrr, Do they have any special properties or are they just swords with a hot mean

How potent is travis' Pain tolerance? Since Tanjiro's Hinokami No Kagura techniques made daki hurt a lot despite her not reacting when getting her head sliced off by tengen.

Does the slow down time happens while he's dodging or after he's dodged? And how long does it last?

Do they have any special properties or are they just swords with a hot mean
The beams are made out of energy, so the only way Tanjiro would be able to stop Travis from slashing him into bits is if he grabbed the hilt of the katana, since they're physical. This strategy wouldn't work though because of Travis' lifting strength and the fact that he has more than one beam katana in this key.

Since Tanjiro's Hinokami No Kagura techniques made daki hurt a lot despite her not reacting when getting her head sliced off by tengen.
Oh, right, forgot Tanjiro has regen negation. Has he ever used Dance of the Fire God in this key? His profile says he has only used it on demons, so would he really use it on Travis? His overpowered nose would tell him that Travis is some strong guy and not some demon.

How potent is travis' Pain tolerance?
He was barely phased after being punched in the heart. In fact, he was still able to stand, walk around, and tear apart his sister with his katana in a few seconds immediately after the punch.

Does the slow down time happens while he's dodging or after he's dodged? And how long does it last?
Immediately after the dodge. He can land about three swings on his opponent before time goes back to normal.

You really don't need to ask me all of this stuff. Unlike Tanjiro's profile, pretty much everything important on Travis' profile has scans and sources.

seriously how the **** are the profiles for characters from the most popular manga ever have less scans and justifications than profiles for characters from a series of hit-and-miss games barely anybody has heard about

The beams are made out of energy, so the only way Tanjiro would be able to stop Travis from slashing him into bits is if he grabbed the hilt of the katana, since they're physical. This strategy wouldn't work though because of Travis' lifting strength and the fact that he has more than one beam katana in this key.

Oh, right, forgot Tanjiro has regen negation. Has he ever used Dance of the Fire God in this key? His profile says he has only used it on demons, so would he really use it on Travis? His overpowered nose would tell him that Travis is some strong guy and not some demon.

He was barely phased after being punched in the heart. In fact, he was still able to stand, walk around, and tear apart his sister with his katana in a few seconds immediately after the punch.

Immediately after the dodge. He can land about three swings on his opponent before time goes back to normal.

You really don't need to ask me all of this stuff. Unlike Tanjiro's profile, pretty much everything important on Travis' profile has scans and sources.

seriously how the **** are the profiles for characters from the most popular manga ever have less scans and justifications than profiles for characters from a series of hit-and-miss games barely anybody has heard about
I see, So that will be a pain in the ass for tanjiro but he should be able to dodge with his enhanced senses and mobility, I don't know if tanjiro is stupid enough to try and have a sword clash against a sword thats made of pure energy, Even if he doesn't know that its made out of pure energy he should be able to deduce that its dangerous.

Yeah he used it against daki, and will likely use it too since he's aware its stronger than anything else in his arsenal.

Hm Idk which hurts more, Being Sliced in the head or being punched in the heart, Was his heart completely crushed or was the punch not that strong?

That looks like it could give travis the win for me if its in character, Since he can just dodge then use this katana beams which would kinda **** tanjiro up. I think I'm voting travis for now

I see, So that will be a pain in the ass for tanjiro but he should be able to dodge with his enhanced senses and mobility, I don't know if tanjiro is stupid enough to try and have a sword clash against a sword thats made of pure energy, Even if he doesn't know that its made out of pure energy he should be able to deduce that its dangerous.

Yeah he used it against daki, and will likely use it too since he's aware its stronger than anything else in his arsenal.

Hm Idk which hurts more, Being Sliced in the head or being punched in the heart, Was his heart completely crushed or was the punch not that strong?

That looks like it could give travis the win for me if its in character, Since he can just dodge then use this katana beams which would kinda **** tanjiro up. I think I'm voting travis for now
Also the punch was strong enough for her to burry her entire fist deep enough that even after her arm was severed it remained stuck in his chest with her forearm dangling their so it was most certainly not a weak punch

travis has too many advantages for tanjiro to win, it's like putting a caveman v a samurai

Travis FRA

Back