• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I'm gonna be honest a pet peeve I have with (certain users of)vsbattles is just people handling some of this shit as "ooo me want big number how much can I get away with straight up bs"
these are also the types of people that are singlehandedly responsible for almost everyone on the internet I see saying “this is why you don’t trust vsbattles”

these are also the types of people that are singlehandedly responsible for almost everyone on the internet I see saying “this is why you don’t trust vsbattles”
And on the other hand you have mongoloids arguing that Saitama is above the concept of vs battles and one-shots everyone no matter what because he's called one punch man and he's a "Gag character". Even worse when you bring up counterarguments like the literal chart stating his power in the manga and numerous statements about him using his full power and their rebuttal is that it just means he instantly surpasses anyone's power, no matter how big the power gap is. Arguing with these "people" is infuriating and is a large part of why I rarely ever do any real vs debating as opposed to just adding powers and abilities or cleaning images.

"What do you mean you think this guy ZDoesPowerlevels is fodder?? He could beat you in a 1v1 debate with his eyes closed he has 7.5k+ YT subscribers" "Dude I just said your scale you are using for Battle of Gods Goku is whack I don't care where you plagiarized it from."
"B-But ZDoesPowerlevels has a 45-0 debate record!" Dude if you keep a debate record you actually need to go outside, I've seen people unironically keep one in some form (usually in their bio) and it's so sad

Dude if you keep a debate record you actually need to go outside, I've seen people unironically keep one in some form (usually in their bio) and it's so sad
Actually I think it's really cool to keep track of my debate record, matter of fact you can debate me on this. I'll record it and put it on my youtube channel, but first I need to upload "Why Crimble Bingus is stronger than you think".

And on the other hand you have mongoloids arguing that Saitama is above the concept of vs battles and one-shots everyone no matter what because he's called one punch man and he's a "Gag character". Even worse when you bring up counterarguments like the literal chart stating his power in the manga and numerous statements about him using his full power and their rebuttal is that it just means he instantly surpasses anyone's power, no matter how big the power gap is. Arguing with these "people" is infuriating and is a large part of why I rarely ever do any real vs debating as opposed to just adding powers and abilities or cleaning images.
Allat to be a Lloyd victim🙏

wanting to debate
and don't get me started on watching these people debate each other, it's a mid-off it's literally the worst. I heard on the grapevine one of my friends watched a Boruto vs Goku debate where the Boruto debater got away with Multiversal AP and Immeasurable speed and beat the Goku debater.
it's so sad
I think it's almost potent enough to give depression second hand.
but first I need to upload "Why Crimble Bingus is stronger than you think".
impact font and a character soyjacking on the thumbnail right?

and don't get me started on watching these people debate each other, it's a mid-off it's literally the worst. I heard on the grapevine one of my friends watched a Boruto vs Goku debate where the Boruto debater got away with Multiversal AP and Immeasurable speed and beat the Goku debater.
Tbh just spam these guys with fallacies rules such as "Burden of Proof" and they are cooked

Discord debaters after scaling a tier 5 character up to Outer tiers

I do hate how in this day and age, you can mention solid counter examples from the material, the show it had, the support guide and essentially have your argument ignored cause 'nuh uh clearly they scale to the outlier'. Sure, I understand for ambiguous pieces it can leave room for interpretation but a chunk of the arguments come from the difference of reading 2 extra sentences worth of text or realizing 'not anywhere in this entire thing does it mention what you are saying it mentions' or another fun one, people posting 2 scans that blatantly contradict each other and say 'this proves my point' etcetera etcetera. Aye this is aggravating in the moment however normally I get to laugh at things after the fact because 'ah I was right and people eventually came around to seeing it my way this makes me feel better', so oft I just need to wait, however it is infuriating to know I could come back to this hobby of mine and weeks, months, or years later deal with the same cyclic horse shit as to the reason I took a breather to begin with.

I come to scale these characters because I like to imagine the field of battle and the scenes playing out onscreen, the debates can be fun sometimes, but I also like to make sure things are catalogued and well handled. I don't come to down grade verse "XYZ" because I hate it, I noticed there is lapse in judgement and evidence provided I aim to correct that, I'm not saying you can't dream of 'XYZ-Man >> Goku' far from it honestly those ideas are fun to think about but I want this site to be a clean statistical catalogue for those who use it as despite us being the active ones, genuine members of this community, we are the minority of the traffic that comes through here. After all imagine we get 'XYZ-Man' to tier 2 with immeasurable speed because someone presents a good solid argument and none of us check it out, suddenly 3 months to 2 years go by and we have 10+ people pointing out the group of people (whether it was 1 or many) who originally scale "XYZ" are not here and there were notable chunks of information they were leaving out that disproves huge swaths of information. So, when I tell you 'XYZ-Man did not do the thing on the page you are describing' don't take it as an assault on your being, you are more than the media you like after all right?

If I'm wrong show me, I'm happy to go over and talk about these things in-depth because few things fascinate me more than the inner workings of someone else's mind. We ought not debate, nor would I want you to use that word in the way it's been used for the last several years of 'lmao get debunked' reactionary adjacent mentality. I want to discuss with you not fight you over XYZ-Man, bring me your passion your information but be truthful and show me your schema show me what drives you about this character and why you want them to be at these heights. Anything less and well it lacks the passion of the personal, anything untruthful and it is sophistry, cast such ideations into the fire for no good will come of nailing your favorite character to a cross to show how powerful they are if built on the fanciful and the untruth.

Perhaps I ought to go into psychology and run case studies on these people. Why does your brain tick this way... why...
Too many words, but I agree. Or sorry.

My pet peeve is people gaslighting and manipulating context just to get CM type 2 and info manip or some other beneficial versus advanatge etc.

Wanking at its finest just to get X character at a higher tier while making the context up. I am not accusing people here but like in general I just dislike wanking and its overblown to the point it seeps into the wiki at times.

Those are the mentally unhinged

I have seen "Debater rank" and "Debater tierlists" which is just cringe.

I do not like the overcompetitiveness and the general toxic vibes. Usually its discord or reddit debators (former is the main culprit)

Anyone who unironically mentions "Hope in Vc", "Cord in Bio", "Mic up" needs clinical help
I stopped doing debates when a guy told me to prove that Eiichiro Oda wrote One Piece.

Wait what image
WMo4K9J.png

Back