• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terraria Discussion thread #2: Journey's end

In this thread, we can discuss anything Terraria related.

Terraria classes, Terraria DPS optimization, Terraria updates, Terraria mods, Terraria playthroughs and etc.

You could also discuss Terraria's profiles in vs battles wiki and promote any vs Thread related to Terraria here.

Have fun.

Hymn of this thread:

Last edited:
ranger > rogue (calamity) > melee >>> mage >>>> literal dogwater > summoner

anyway uhh WoF shouldn't be 5-C, stopping eclipses from happening has nothing to do with creating/destroying the moon
at best you could wank it to the KE of stopping the moon (which is 9.17 exatons i believe) but you still have day night cycles with phases of the moon so that's clearly not true

ranger > rogue (calamity) > melee >>> mage >>>> literal dogwater > summoner
I didn't expect to hear such awful takes come out of the mouth of someone. Summoner is better than all those other classes in vanilla. Y'all should learn to whip stack smh.
anyway uhh WoF shouldn't be 5-C, stopping eclipses from happening has nothing to do with creating/destroying the moon
at best you could wank it to the KE of stopping the moon (which is 9.17 exatons i believe) but you still have day night cycles with phases of the moon so that's clearly not true
I agree, someone should do a CRT debunking 5-C WoF. It might not be me since I am lazy and busy but I will certainly support the person who makes that CRT.

The words of a man who would rather shit his pants than admit he's coping about ranger being the best class in the game.

A sad world we live in.

The words of a man who would rather shit his pants than admit he's coping about ranger being the best class in the game.

A sad world we live in.
Ranger is absolutely not the best class in Terraria. Learn to whip stack.

sounds like someone's mad that guns and rocket launchers are way cooler than sticks and whips tbf
Commanding an army and facing your opponent on melee distance with magical whips is way cooler than spending the whole boss fight outranging the boss and avoiding every attack by outrunning them like a coward.

Rangers spend all their days fighting bosses without even having them inside the screen.

I agree, someone should do a CRT debunking 5-C WoF. It might not be me since I am lazy and busy but I will certainly support the person who makes that CRT.
i would do it but i've never made a CRT before. this one sounds like it should be relatively simple, just say "this has no basis, remove the rating" and gg

I'm really not that passionate about Terraria's ratings, but the profiles do suck Hella ass icl. Definitely in dire need of some revisions.

Well, tomorrow I could do a CRT. Today I am going to farm for items in Pixel Gun 3D but tomorrow I am free

In this thread, we can discuss anything Terraria related.

Terraria classes, Terraria DPS optimization, Terraria updates, Terraria mods, Terraria playthroughs and etc.

You could also discuss Terraria's profiles in vs battles wiki and promote any vs Thread related to Terraria here.

Have fun.
Put this Hymn in the OP.

This was talked about a bit in another thread and I agree.

At most you can use Lunar Hooker's description for LS. Though one might have doubts whether it's just a funny or literal description of the item's lore.

sounds like someone's mad that guns and rocket launchers are way cooler than sticks and whips tbf
Whips are better because Castlevania.

I'm really not that passionate about Terraria's ratings, but the profiles do suck Hella ass icl. Definitely in dire need of some revisions.
I would understand if only Terrarian's profile was bad, as there is an unnameable amount of items, weapons and armor. And it would be very difficult to put everything in the profile. At most I would divide Terrariam into maybe 4 profiles, one for each class, and even then it wouldn't be ideal, because of the existence of accessories that depending on what you are can be in literally any class.

But even the rest of the profiles are kind of bad or not that hardworking.

I would understand if only Terrarian's profile was bad, as there is an unnameable amount of items, weapons and armor. And it would be very difficult to put everything in the profile. At most I would divide Terrariam into maybe 4 profiles, one for each class, and even then it wouldn't be ideal, because of the existence of accessories that depending on what you are can be in literally any class.

Isn't it amazing how there are no references or scans of Terrarian's profile?

I find it more incredible how there is no visible speed calculation. How does this profile manage to exist?

At most you can use Lunar Hooker's description for LS. Though one might have doubts whether it's just a funny or literal description of the item's lore.
it could be argued
it's made of the remains of the 4 celestial pillars, the ingredients are called "lunar fragments" and the celestial pillars are harbingers for the moon lord. i'm not sure if that's enough evidence but it defintiely lends some credibility to the possibility of terrarian having moon-mass LS.

I find it more incredible how there is no visible speed calculation. How does this profile manage to exist?
honestly this part would be the easiest to do since terraria literally has a speedometer in-game. still not very impressive, frostspark boots are the fastest item in the game (without potion effects) and you can reach a whopping... 34mph with those. 15.2m/s, Superhuman.

Not to mention the items, armor and weapons blog that is linked in Terrarian's profile, which is pretty out of date (it's from 2017)

And there are things like the celestial towers like probable 3-C. In addition to MFTL speeds without any visible calculations.

I think each time I look for more but outdated and "bruh" stuff I see.

Your wish has been granted, Plantera's theme is now the hymn of this thread .
I think we're going to have to have a revision to fix that verse.

Have you seen the Blog linked on the terrariam page? Pretty outdated with things like 3-C celestial towers and MFTL speeds with no calculations attached.

Have you seen the Blog linked on the terrariam page? Pretty outdated with things like 3-C celestial towers and MFTL speeds with no calculations attached.
Yeah, someone should work on fixing that. Terraria pages have lots of issues.

Whips are better because Castlevania.

I don't think we should split The Terrarian into different classes since he canonically uses all classes. At most, we should specify which weapons give him certain abilities.

King Slime's page is kinda weird because his 8-B rating comes from the KE of him jumping, where speed comes from comparing his speed to a sniper bullet. But there's an in-game speedometer.

If I remember well, all the speed calculations are in the page of the verse itself which is common practice for several verses.

it could be argued
it's made of the remains of the 4 celestial pillars, the ingredients are called "lunar fragments" and the celestial pillars are harbingers for the moon lord. i'm not sure if that's enough evidence but it defintiely lends some credibility to the possibility of terrarian having moon-mass LS.

honestly this part would be the easiest to do since terraria literally has a speedometer in-game. still not very impressive, frostspark boots are the fastest item in the game (without potion effects) and you can reach a whopping... 34mph with those. 15.2m/s, Superhuman.
Actually, Wings have a faster horizontal speed than those boots along with mounts and the grappling hook speed of the hooks. That being said, this wiki wanks the speed of The Terrarian a lot considering how the game has an in-game speedometer that can tell you the speed of everything.

This video shows that the Sniper Rifle, Terraria's fastest weapon, us barely subsonic. Every bullet and projectile in Terraria travels slower than their real-life counterparts.

it could be argued
Striking Strength: X (Enter done), likely Lunar with Lunar Hook (Item description implies it can pull the moon)

Maybe it could work if more agree.
King Slime's page is kinda weird because his 8-B rating comes from the KE of him jumping, where speed comes from comparing his speed to a sniper bullet. But there's an in-game speedometer.
It would be very useful to use the speedometer for calculations. With that, speed will be a fact for some things, like the Terrarian's movement speed.

If I remember well, all the speed calculations are in the page of the verse itself which is common practice for several verses.
I didn't find any on the back page.

Actually, Wings have a faster horizontal speed than those boots along with mounts and the grappling hook speed of the hooks. That being said, this wiki wanks the speed of The Terrarian a lot considering how the game has an in-game speedometer that can tell you the speed of everything.

This video shows that the Sniper Rifle, Terraria's fastest weapon, us barely subsonic. Every bullet and projectile in Terraria travels slower than their real-life counterparts.

Fastest weapon: Nearly subsonic.

Terrarian top speed on the wiki: Hypersonic+ (Without any calculations by the way)

Jeez, Terraria pages are a mess. I just checked and you're right, the calculations are not in the pages of the verse. The calculations are only in the pages of King Slime.
Yeah, someone needs to proofread that whole verse. Somebody...

This being on the King Slime page is the only way to find the origins of the speed rating of the verse by the way.
And the last user to comment tried to warn.

I am surprised by how this verse even got all of their calculations accepted. Nearly every page is a mess.

I am surprised by how this verse even got all of their calculations accepted. Nearly every page is a mess.
I want to know how that MFTL blog was accepted without having any linked calculation.

Also, I don't think this has been updated since 2017.

I didn't think things were that bad.

I think we should start marking things that need to be reviewed. This blog, the speed of things, the tier (pretty much everything).

I am going to state this in case any new person wants to join us. We are planning on doing a CRT on the whole Terraria verse, if you want to join us in our planning, then DM me or leave me a message.

Someone needs to ask the creators if things such as the speedometer is 1:1 or is just a quirky mechanic. If you take the speed at face value, nothing really makes sense, since most of the fastest attacks can barely outspeed the 100 mph. Not to mention the characters can run across the entire land in less than a day and the world, looking at the back ground, is super ******* huge, which also makes no sense with the in game measuring units. Nothing adds up correctly.

Someone needs to ask the creators if things such as the speedometer is 1:1 or is just a quirky mechanic. If you take the speed at face value, nothing really makes sense, since most of the fastest attacks can barely outspeed the 100 mph. Not to mention the characters can run across the entire land in less than a day and the world, looking at the back ground, is super ******* huge, which also makes no sense with the in game measuring units. Nothing adds up correctly.
It's 1:1. I checked. It rounds decimals, but it's definitely accurate. Terrarian's actual running speed is approx 14.51mph, game displays it as 15.

As far as I remember, in terraria we don't have things in 1 block = 1 meter like in minecraft, so it doesn't even matter.

And we didn't even walk all over the world. We only walk a part of it and there is still the background world part. Unless you wanted to say that the planet of terraria is very small, flat not being round and is 2D having no depth.

Also, the tooltip for one of the fastest arrows in the game the Luminite Arrow is implied to go at the speed of sound. The speedmeter serves to show at least the real speed of the player, so that's it.

As far as I remember, in terraria we don't have things in 1 block = 1 meter like in minecraft, so it doesn't even matter.

And we didn't even walk all over the world. We only walk a part of it and there is still the background world part. Unless you wanted to say that the planet of terraria is very small, flat not being round and is 2D having no depth.

Also, the tooltip for one of the fastest arrows in the game the Luminite Arrow is implied to go at the speed of sound. The speedmeter serves to show at least the real speed of the player, so that's it.
You pretty much summed up why it’s inconsistent.

Again, would help if someone just asks them somehow.

It ain’t to big of a problem anyways, since people just equalize speed regardless on matches.

Back