• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should other Sonic characters be separated into certain eras like Sonic and buffs for certain bosses

I'm new here, so sorry if I make any mistakes or sound stupid

Characters being separated into different eras
I think characters like Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Doctor Eggman and maybe Metal Sonic should be separated into ''Classic'', ''Adventure'' and ''Modern'' eras like Sonic. Since the characters are drastically different in each of the eras in terms of their stats and abilities. For example, Tails, Knuckles and Amy have not used used their Super forms or Hyper form in the Modern era or Adventure era (Note: Tails and Knuckles had those Super shields given to them by Super Sonic in Sonic Heroes but I don't really know if that counts as a ''Super form'' or not). Modern Metal Sonic has also never used his Metal Sonic Kai or Giga Metal Sonic form as they are exclusive to Classic Metal Sonic, like how Hyper Sonic is exclusive to Classic Sonic. If you truly want to stretch it, maybe each member of Team Chaotix can also get the treatment of being separated into Classic, Adventure and Modern eras.

Also, maybe characters like Shadow, Cream, Rouge, Big and Omega can be separated into Modern era and Adventure era variants but maybe that's doing to much.

Buffs for Bosses
Egg Salamander
In Sonic Rush, during the boss battle in the Exception Zone, The Egg Salamander is able to keep pace with and react to Modern Sonic and Burning Blaze's attacks and with some of it's techniques like it's Missile Barrage Attack and Spatial Slicing Attack (Skip to 7:40 as the time link does not seem to want to work) being able to knock 5-7 Rings out/damage the Super form duo. The Egg Salamander can also take Burning Blaze's pyrokinesis which the Egg Wizard could also take. Shouldn't this be enough evidence to place it at Tier: Low 1-C/Low Complex Multiversal and Immeasurable Speed as it can take hits from, keep pace with and damage a Super form duo?

Heavy King (Phantom King)
In Sonic Mania/Sonic Mania Plus, during the boss battle in Egg Reverie Zone and The Klepto-Mobile, The Phantom King is able to create impenetrable green energy spheres from the power of the Phantom Ruby that can deal damage to Classic Super Sonic
, causing Classic Super Sonic to lose 10 Rings. The Phantom King can also take attacks and keep pace with/react to Classic Super Sonic in the boss battle. Wouldn't this make Phantom King along side the Phantom Ruby at Tier Low 1-C/Low Complex Multiversal and Immeasurable Speed as The Heavy King and the Phantom Ruby's power are capable of damaging a Super form?

Spoilers for Sonic Superstars
The Black Dragon
In Sonic Superstars, during the boss battle, The Black Dragon is capable of creating Black Hole-like attacks (Skip to 2:05) that can insta-kill/one-shot Classic Super Sonic if he doesn't use his Super Sonic Boost to get out. The Black Dragon is also capable of taking hits from Classic Super Sonic and keeping pace with/reacting to Classic Super Sonic. Shouldn't this (like Phantom King), scale them to Tier: Low 1-C/Low Complex Multiversal and Immeasurable Speed as The Black Dragon is able to damage, keep pace with and take attacks from a Super form?

I'm new here, so sorry if I make any mistakes or sound stupid

Characters being separated into different eras
I think characters like Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Doctor Eggman and maybe Metal Sonic should be separated into ''Classic'', ''Adventure'' and ''Modern'' eras like Sonic. Since the characters are drastically different in each of the eras in terms of their stats and abilities. For example, Tails, Knuckles and Amy have not used used their Super forms or Hyper form in the Modern era or Adventure era (Note: Tails and Knuckles had those Super shields given to them by Super Sonic in Sonic Heroes but I don't really know if that counts as a ''Super form'' or not). Modern Metal Sonic has also never used his Metal Sonic Kai or Giga Metal Sonic form as they are exclusive to Classic Metal Sonic, like how Hyper Sonic is exclusive to Classic Sonic. If you truly want to stretch it, maybe each member of Team Chaotix can also get the treatment of being separated into Classic, Adventure and Modern eras.

Also, maybe characters like Shadow, Cream, Rouge, Big and Omega can be separated into Modern era and Adventure era variants but maybe that's doing to much.
as i said in my original thread proposing the idea, i have plans on doing it for them, i have to get some things done first

Buffs for Bosses
Egg Salamander
In Sonic Rush, during the boss battle in the Exception Zone, The Egg Salamander is able to keep pace with and react to Modern Sonic and Burning Blaze's attacks and with some of it's techniques like it's Missile Barrage Attack and Spatial Slicing Attack (Skip to 7:40 as the time link does not seem to want to work) being able to knock 5-7 Rings out/damage the Super form duo. The Egg Salamander can also take Burning Blaze's pyrokinesis which the Egg Wizard could also take. Shouldn't this be enough evidence to place it at Tier: Low 1-C/Low Complex Multiversal and Immeasurable Speed as it can take hits from, keep pace with and damage a Super form duo?
they have no evidence of being at their full power for it to scale that high

Heavy King (Phantom King)
In Sonic Mania/Sonic Mania Plus, during the boss battle in Egg Reverie Zone and The Klepto-Mobile, The Phantom King is able to create impenetrable green energy spheres from the power of the Phantom Ruby that can deal damage to Classic Super Sonic
, causing Classic Super Sonic to lose 10 Rings. The Phantom King can also take attacks and keep pace with/react to Classic Super Sonic in the boss battle. Wouldn't this make Phantom King along side the Phantom Ruby at Tier Low 1-C/Low Complex Multiversal and Immeasurable Speed as The Heavy King and the Phantom Ruby's power are capable of damaging a Super form?
same as above

Spoilers for Sonic Superstars
The Black Dragon
In Sonic Superstars, during the boss battle, The Black Dragon is capable of creating Black Hole-like attacks (Skip to 2:05) that can insta-kill/one-shot Classic Super Sonic if he doesn't use his Super Sonic Boost to get out. The Black Dragon is also capable of taking hits from Classic Super Sonic and keeping pace with/reacting to Classic Super Sonic. Shouldn't this (like Phantom King), scale them to Tier: Low 1-C/Low Complex Multiversal and Immeasurable Speed as The Black Dragon is able to damage, keep pace with and take attacks from a Super form?
same as above

as i said in my original thread proposing the idea, i have plans on doing it for them, i have to get some things done first

they have no evidence of being at their full power for it to scale that high

same as above

same as above
If you don’t mind me asking, what do you mean by using their “full power”? Did he use his full power against Giganto, Wyvern or Knight?

Last edited:
Not everyone needs to be separated in Classic, Adventure and Modern profiles, Sonic is an exception cause he's the main character, the one who appears in every game, grows the most in powers and gets the most abilities, his profile before the split was cramming too much in two keys.

It's a case by case basis, because some characters don't appear or do enough to split their profiles or even their keys too much.

Back