• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shikamaru isn't really that weak, almost no one in the village is physically superior to him, he took a hit from Code. Like, maybe Rock Lee is stronger if his statement I've heard about from the Boruto Movie Novel is true. No other adult is strong enough to give him shit, except Konohamaru with the Rasengan or 8th Gate Might Guy, but he's in a wheelchair. Scaling is crazy. Also Kakashi.
I mean I didn't really intend my comment to be about powerscalling, but yeah people wanted Sakura/Kakashi over Shikamaru. Sakura obviously can't be the Hokage because she is Sasuke's wife. Most people wanted Kakashi to be the next Hokage. Which is fine but Shikamaru is more interesting cuz he purely relies on his intellect while Kakashi will throw hands.

Also Shikamaru taking hits from code honestly can be attributed to the wonky scaling Boruto has in general. Shikamaru has been established in the novels as someone who is not Kage level. His entire character is based on someone who's greatest strength is his intelligence and not his actual physical strength. So I think in verse he would always be either a weak person or a jobber who can survive hits from strong people because he needs to be present at the locations where plot is happening, but he'll never actually have a legitimate battle or feat.

And Konohamaru might be the next Hokage but if they made him the Hokage rn people would have not taken him seriously at all.

Last edited:
I mean I didn't really intend my comment to be about powerscalling, but yeah people wanted Sakura/Kakashi over Shikamaru. Sakura obviously can't be the Hokage because she is Sasuke's wife. Most people wanted Kakashi to be the next Hokage. Which is fine but Shikamaru is more interesting cuz he purely relies on his intellect while Kakashi will throw hands.
I forgot Sakura was still there tbh.
Also Shikamaru taking hits from code honestly can be attributed to the wonky scaling Boruto has in general. Shikamaru has been established in the novels as someone who is not Kage level. His entire character is based on someone who's greatest strength is his intelligence and not his actual physical strength. So I think in verse he would always be either a weak person or a jobber who can survive hits from strong people because he needs to be present at the locations where plot is happening, but he'll never actually have a legitimate battle or feat.
Nah, Shikamaru goated.
And Konohamaru might be the next Hokage but if they made him the Hokage rn people would have not taken him seriously at all.
Hamura willing, he will be

I forgot Sakura was still there tbh.

Nah, Shikamaru goated.

Hamura willing, he will be
If Naruto ever comes back to the story, and once the story is over and the Omnipotence is canceled or whatever, Naruto would probably retire and either Konohamaru or Shikamaru will replace him, and then Sarada would take the position after like 10 years.

"Being a Hokage isn't so dattebayo after all." he said sitting while sitting under Treesuke's shade.

Last edited:
If Naruto ever comes back to the story, and once the story is over and the Omnipotence is canceled or whatever, Naruto would probably retire and either Konohamaru or Shikamaru will replace him, and then Sarada would take the position after like 10 years.

"Being a Hokage isn't so dattebayo after all." he said sitting while sitting under Treesuke's shade.
Orochimaru has had a tree body for decades, Sasuke can handle it.

TBH I actually like that despite the job not being exactly what he thought it could be he still puts so much effort into it and does enjoy it in a way.

He fought with everything he got to achieve that dream and by the gods of ramen themselves he's gonna live it.

Saying new era Shikamaru is weak is just wrong
Bro was about to insta kill 4 (or maybe just 3, Gaara goated) of the 5-C Kages in one of the novels.

It's weird that he can't even break a tree yet Naruto had to bust out KCM to break out of it and knock his ass out.

Saying new era Shikamaru is weak is just wrong
Because he is. It's in the novel. And he has never been a powerhouse. The only reason he gets away with binding people is because the writers don't care about powerscalling. But the way his character is written, he'll never be someone who can take on a kage.
Bro was about to insta kill 4 (or maybe just 3, Gaara goated) of the 5-C Kages in one of the novels.
Idk why people misinterpret this novel so much. Shikamaru threatened to kill 2 kage but he later admits he wouldn't be able to. His shadow paralysis works on everyone but he can't hurt people with it.
It's weird that he can't even break a tree yet Naruto had to bust out KCM to break out of it and knock his ass out.
Naruto didn't have to go KCM. It was to intimidate the other Kage so they would let Shikamaru off the hook. Naruto got overly angry with Shikamaru so that the other Kage didn't have to. Gaara was about to kill Shikamaru, which is when Naruto did that. Shikamaru later admits he was overestimating his strength while he failed to even crush a tree. That's like the whole point of the tree scene.

Shadow paralysis doesn't work like it used to. Anyone can get caught in it but that doesn't mean Shikamaru can actually 1v1 them. He's pretty weak for a kage. Which is great imo.

I really don't get the Hokage Shikamaru hate. I mean jokes are fine and I crack them too, but I legit see people not wanting this to happen at all. Which is weird. Shikamaru is well established as a weak person in verse. So that makes his tenure all the more interesting. And so far he is one of the more intriguing displays of leadership work in the franchise. It's as if people want the same old "stronk hokage" thing we've seen so far. Imo his weakness makes way for his genius to shine and that is what people used to love about Shikamaru back in the chunin exams. But for some reason now people don't even want to explore that opportunity. A strong Hokage will make the story boring because nobody is gonna be strong enough when the Otsutsukis are involved. A smart hokage honestly is a great opportunity for the writer to make the story more complicated.
Shikamaru is good choice for hokage, because while sure you need to be strong enough to defend your village but 99% of a hokage's duties are mostly political, and what we know about Shikamaru from the novels is that he was instrumental in maintaining a lot of the peace between the 5 great nations long before naruto was even hokage

when the boy uses too much chakra or exhausts himself, Momoshiki is able to manifest and temporarily take over his consciousness.
Post-nut Momoshiki is gonna hit different fr.
wildfireuv.gif

the more I rewatch Naruto the more my statement about Goku being like a Harvard graduate while Naruto being a community college dropout (in terms of stats) makes sense tbh

he gets over it pretty fast but yeah he's pretty whatever. he's meant to mirror Boruto as they're both bratty kids who both get things easy/their way and they both learn to get over it when in trouble.

what are your thoughts on the shojoji plot twist?

he gets over it pretty fast but yeah he's pretty whatever. he's meant to mirror Boruto as they're both bratty kids who both get things easy/their way and they both learn to get over it when in trouble.

what are your thoughts on the shojoji plot twist?
You mean the corpse guy? Saw it from a mile away. I knew something was fishy when some skinny account somehow survived by a grown shinobi supposedly didn’t

Ep 151, this ep was actually pretty good. The fat dude was actually pretty creep with his cannblizim justu. And it looks there’s an akatsuki like organization and there talking about boruto’s weird mark. Maybe I’ll finnally get some banger arcs. My only complaint this ep was boruto just not using his vansheing rasegan n agianst the fat dude

Ep 157, pretty good ep definitely interested in kara. But a few complaints, the dude killing his friends because nobody saved them doesn’t make any sense. Unless I’m misunderstanding something. And why hasn’t Naruto tried to help the hidden rain village before? He should no more then most that they got plenty of problems in need of fixing

That is definitely a dent on his reign as hokage considering he made promises
To give him the benefit of doubt, I'll assume that:
1. He took positive measures, didn't follow up and Kara took over. Which is plausible considering Kara could infiltrate and influence a stable village like Iwa. Ame would be much easier to take over
2. He did take positive measures but there was public resistance given the role Konoha played in it's history and Naruto "killing" their "God". Konoha and by extension, the alliance, then decided that it was probably best to leave Ame to their own devices. And then Kara showed up.

I honestly don't remember the specifics of the Ame episodes

Honestly, I think that stuff is targetable but for artistic sake, it was more “striking” to allow Jigen to pop them with just raw physicals.
Don't disagree there
As far as Edo’s go, I don’t think so. There is still a body of Organic Material inside, even if “dead”.
My line of thought was, that most if not all chakra constructs are represented by the users soul and since he can't shrink living things, then he can't shrink souls

My line of thought was, that most if not all chakra constructs are represented by the users soul and since he can't shrink living things, then he can't shrink souls
Souls aren’t “living” things though. I don’t want to move into NLF territory, but really the “only” thing said is Sukunahikona can’t shrink living-organic things.

Seeing as ninjutsu has a spiritual component to it (I think I read that was accepted… 🤔), sunce Sukunahikona can Target that, idt it’s a jump to say it can target souls.

I find it to be bs that nard and sasuke can't move in the gravity dimension but obito and kakashi can. Also the ash don't seem to be affected by the dimension gravity, thoughts on that

I find it to be bs that nard and sasuke can't move in the gravity dimension but obito and kakashi can. Also the ash don't seem to be affected by the dimension gravity, thoughts on that
About this part: Doesn't Kaguya have full control over her own dimensions? Why would she let the ash bones be affected by her own gravity dimension?

Was going through some profile’s today and realized Kimimaro 7A key has the same justifications for Neji 8A key.
Is KN0 7A?

Was going through some profile’s today and realized Kimimaro 7A key has the same justifications for Neji 8A key.
Is KN0 7A?
I think the difference is in the word "Feral" and the part where Naruto's usage of KN0 has "up to" in it. At most 8-B up to 7-B

The KN0 Naruto that Neji fought didn't have those pronounced whiskers, fangs, and claws. Implication being that this Naruto is just unquantifiably above his Base stats
0104-003.png

Whereas the KN0 clones that Kimimaro fought looked like this which could imply that this is Naruto's stat threshold in KN0
0203-003.png

Back