• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

3-Xa6BGs7VVozeZ.png

This scan?
I have problem with this because Margarette was also stated to qualify for DV. With just being 2 liner. It wasn't mentioned that all DV should be 3 liners.

3-Xa6BGs7VVozeZ.png

This scan?
I have problem with this because Margarette was also stated to qualify for DV. With just being 2 liner. It wasn't mentioned that all DV should be 3 liners.
Yeah but that was in the exam arc, not the contest proper, which would normally take months to get to. It can be understood that during this time skip, the wizard nominated would train and eventually unlock the power of the gods to become Divine Visionary.

Yeah but that was in the exam arc, not the contest proper, which would normally take months to get to. It can be understood that during this time skip, the wizard nominated would train and eventually unlock the power of the gods to become Divine Visionary.
I mean do we have statement for them training the passed candidates and activating their third marks? So far Agito and 2 others didn't indicated anything related to that.

I mean do we have statement for them training the passed candidates and activating their third marks? So far Agito and 2 others didn't indicated anything related to that.
Remember, we had Mash Lance and Dot being tested right before the big final exam stage for becoming Divine Visionary, which is where their strength is tested I'm pretty sure.

Remember, we had Mash Lance and Dot being tested right before the big final exam stage for becoming Divine Visionary, which is where their strength is tested I'm pretty sure.
Yeah but I'm talking about awakening 3rd line. It's not necessary that they need to awaken third line as far as we know. Kaldo and Orter already thought Margarette is qualified to be DV even without that.

Yeah but I'm talking about awakening 3rd line. It's not necessary that they need to awaken third line as far as we know. Kaldo and Orter already thought Margarette is qualified to be DV even without that.
Well Margarette is a beast, an anomaly in the magic world when it comes to their power. So perhaps Margarette is just an outlier to the whole idea? I'm trusting the chapter 112 statement since it's really only one of the few times we get the info on what's needed for becoming Divine Visionary. So I believe that it'd warrant giving them a 10x multiplier with their Summons (just listed as that since we don't know their gods)

Well Margarette is a beast, an anomaly in the magic world when it comes to their power. So perhaps Margarette is just an outlier to the whole idea? I'm trusting the chapter 112 statement since it's really only one of the few times we get the info on what's needed for becoming Divine Visionary. So I believe that it'd warrant giving them a 10x multiplier with their Summons (just listed as that since we don't know their gods)
Not just Margarette bruh. If we take a look at Walhberg. He said even Mash can become DV heck even in EOS he becomes one. It's about power I think. It has nothing to do with marks. Well we might just give Secondths DV not summons.

Not just Margarette bruh. If we take a look at Walhberg. He said even Mash can become DV heck even in EOS he becomes one.
Why the hell are we using Mash as an example? He's magicless, he wouldn't have the power to summon anyways and it's heavily implied that Wahlberg knew of Mash's status from the get go.
It's about power I think.
Yes, power helps, but being able to summon the power of the gods is how wizards are revered as Divine Visionaries. It's easy to say that they manifest this power during or after the process of becoming DV.
It has nothing to do with marks. Well we might just give Secondths DV not summons.
No, that page is very clearly referring to the power of summoning, no ifs or buts.

Why the hell are we using Mash as an example? He's magicless, he wouldn't have the power to summon anyways and it's heavily implied that Wahlberg knew of Mash's status from the get go.
The point is Walhberg who is first Generation of DV states Despite being magic less Mash can become DV. The whole point is Power needed to compare to them. Nothing states DV needs summons.
Yes, power helps, but being able to summon the power of the gods is how wizards are revered as Divine Visionaries. It's easy to say that they manifest this power during or after the process of becoming DV.
Not all DV states or shown to summon gods. Only 3 liners are showcased this feat. Even Fanbook talks about Orter and Kaldo when comes to summons and thirds which was not showcased in Manga
No, that page is very clearly referring to the power of summoning, no ifs or buts.
Chapter 112 scan didn't states anything about Summonings. It states power which rivales Adam and 3 people becomes first Visionary as far as We know yes ofcourse they all had power to summon. But Agito, Sophia are latest generation there is no reason to believe they have summons. I mean we do get Renatus using summon and thirds onscreen. If Author really wanted to say Agito and other 2 people has summons they would have already indicated that. Only one possibly having summon is Agito which I doubt.

I think I applied the soul hax thing to every page.

The domina page is not on the back page. So if it's there and someone has the link, send it.

The point is Walhberg who is first Generation of DV states Despite being magic less Mash can become DV. The whole point is Power needed to compare to them. Nothing states DV needs summons.
Wahlberg was banking on Mash winning though because he thought he could change the world. That's why Wahlberg had so much faith.
Not all DV states or shown to summon gods. Only 3 liners are showcased this feat. Even Fanbook talks about Orter and Kaldo when comes to summons and thirds which was not showcased in Manga
Pretty sure that whole blurb in the fanbook was putting them in tiers. Ryoh Orter and Renatus being the strongest with Thirds, Kaldo and Rayne being behind them with Summons, and the rest have summons but are the weakest.
Chapter 112 scan didn't states anything about Summonings.
It literally did though. Awakening to the power of the gods is summoning. I don't know if it's because we're reading it differently, but I see it as those who rival Adam in power + unlock summonings are considered to be Divine Visionaries.
It states power which rivales Adam and 3 people becomes first Visionary as far as We know yes ofcourse they all had power to summon. But Agito, Sophia are latest generation there is no reason to believe they have summons. I mean we do get Renatus using summon and thirds onscreen. If Author really wanted to say Agito and other 2 people has summons they would have already indicated that. Only one possibly having summon is Agito which I doubt.
Komoto consistently shows that Orter can use Thirds, but we never got his God name. There's a lot that isn't revealed because frankly, the DVs are minor characters. With everything we have, it's likely that the current roster could all summon, and the reason Margarette hasn't shown te capability is because they aren't on that level yet. Hell, Cell War is stated to be on the level of Divine Visionaries and he's shown to be able to cast a summons. There's just too much evidence to ignore. If you still don't buy it, put a likely.

Wahlberg was banking on Mash winning though because he thought he could change the world. That's why Wahlberg had so much faith.
It's pretty much that he was betting on Mash's strength. Anyway, if you take a look at Margarette's case, you can already see what I meant. There is not a single statement saying Margarette is the first second-liner to be on par with DV. There is no statement made as exception here.
Pretty sure that whole blurb in the fanbook was putting them in tiers. Ryoh Orter and Renatus being the strongest with Thirds, Kaldo and Rayne being behind them with Summons, and the rest have summons but are the weakest.
It was never stated that anything was about strength. It was talking about those who had achieved summons and Thirds. Look at how the narrator states only a few achieved that. Otherwise we would be scaling Renatus > Ryoh & Orter
It literally did though. Awakening to the power of the gods is summoning. I don't know if it's because we're reading it differently, but I see it as those who rival Adam in power + unlock summonings are considered to be Divine Visionaries.
You know that the only ones who rival Adam's power are his three disciples. Not to mention, it was a rule when Adam was alive. It's not hard to say that it has changed.

We have Dot with three lines, a summon, and Thirds. Still, he is not considered a DV. The logic of having a summon being enough to be considered a DV doesn't work in this case.
Komoto consistently shows that Orter can use Thirds, but we never got his God name. There's a lot that isn't revealed because frankly, the DVs are minor characters. With everything we have, it's likely that the current roster could all summon, and the reason Margarette hasn't shown te capability is because they aren't on that level yet. Hell, Cell War is stated to be on the level of Divine Visionaries and he's shown to be able to cast a summons. There's just too much evidence to ignore. If you still don't buy it, put a likely.
Orter didn't use the Third as far as we see in the manga; he only used his summon. We don't see Orter's inclination in the manga. Also, you are ignoring that Kaldo never used his summon in the manga, yet we got information that he has one. Margarette is already stated to be on par with DV without having Sunmon. Additionally, Rayne states that Cell Wars is on par with DV even without knowing the full information about him having three lines. Rayne thinks this just by looking at Cell Wars' output. So again, there is no information stating that three lines are needed to match DV.

It's pretty much that he was betting on Mash's strength.
Yes, because Mash can only rely on his strength, and Wahlberg very likely knew this.
Anyway, if you take a look at Margarette's case, you can already see what I meant. There is not a single statement saying Margarette is the first second-liner to be on par with DV. There is no statement made as exception here.
Margarette scales to their current statistics because the DVs treat the giant feat as nothing more than a little show of force, while they then hyper Margarette up. I don't think there was anything about them being comparable to the actual DVs, just that they had the potential, and would've beaten a BoS Rayne.
It was never stated that anything was about strength. It was talking about those who had achieved summons and Thirds. Look at how the narrator states only a few achieved that. Otherwise we would be scaling Renatus > Ryoh & Orter
???? Why would we be scaling that way? Where are you getting this from???
You know that the only ones who rival Adam's power are his three disciples.
All 3 far surpass him, Adam has long since been usurped as the strongest.
Not to mention, it was a rule when Adam was alive. It's not hard to say that it has changed.
It takes more effort to explain that the rules were changed when that was never stated.
We have Dot with three lines, a summon, and Thirds. Still, he is not considered a DV. The logic of having a summon being enough to be considered a DV doesn't work in this case.
Because he did not go through the process to become one, Mash handed the title to Lance. If Dot were to compete again, he'd easily become DV.
Orter didn't use the Third as far as we see in the manga; he only used his summon. We don't see Orter's inclination in the manga.
Yes, and? How does this refute what I'm saying?
Also, you are ignoring that Kaldo never used his summon in the manga, yet we got information that he has one.
Yes, we did get info that he has one, because all Visionaries can use summons. Rayne and him were just confirmed to be above the rest of the Thirds-less Visionaries in that blurb, nothing deconfirms the others having one.
Margarette is already stated to be on par with DV without having Sunmon.
No, they were just hyped up by the DVs while the same group didn't consider the Giant feat impressive.
Additionally, Rayne states that Cell Wars is on par with DV even without knowing the full information about him having three lines. Rayne thinks this just by looking at Cell Wars' output. So again, there is no information stating that three lines are needed to match DV.
we never see Rayne talk about the possibility of Cell having a summons or not though, we dont know if he knew this or not. This is ignoring the likely fact that Summons just weren't a fleshed out concept yet.

Again, very clear that the Visionaries have the power to wield Summons. Unless you're confusing them for Thirds, there's no refuting this.

He is saying all Divine Visionaries has summon.
I don't know.

I mean, being a triple line (and therefore having the ability to summon) would definitely make you a DV, since your magical capacity would by default be greater than Margaratt who, despite her power, is double line.

But it has already been mentioned that someone like Margarett who is a double line, was at DV level (although she is like top tier in double line)

But I think there should be double lines between the DVs.

It was mentioned that Time Stop doesn't work on first class mages (probably triple lines), and Kaldo was caught by a simple time stop.

And there seems to be a huge difference in power between the DV extras and those who follow us more closely.

Yes, because Mash can only rely on his strength, and Wahlberg very likely knew this.
Walhberg was first generation of DV. If he thought only 3 lines are necessary then he wouldn't have thought Mash would become DV.
Margarette scales to their current statistics because the DVs treat the giant feat as nothing more than a little show of force, while they then hyper Margarette up. I don't think there was anything about them being comparable to the actual DVs, just that they had the potential, and would've beaten a BoS Rayne.
BOS Rayne is already DV. There is no set level for them. Each DV varies.
???? Why would we be scaling that way? Where are you getting this from???
You are
All 3 far surpass him, Adam has long since been usurped as the strongest.
Surpassing him or not. All matters is power not lines.
It takes more effort to explain that the rules were changed when that was never stated.
There was no rule to begin with my point is that statement might have changed after adams 3 disciples succession
Because he did not go through the process to become one, Mash handed the title to Lance. If Dot were to compete again, he'd easily become DV.
No? They all took the exam what are you talking about?
Yes, and? How does this refute what I'm saying?
I already did if they had summon we would have gotten information on Fanbook just like Orter and Kaldo.
Yes, we did get info that he has one, because all Visionaries can use summons. Rayne and him were just confirmed to be above the rest of the Thirds-less Visionaries in that blurb, nothing deconfirms the others having one.
It never stated all. In that sentence
No, they were just hyped up by the DVs while the same group didn't consider the Giant feat impressive.
Giant feat has nothing to do with what I said. I was talking about Kaldo and Orter talking about Margarette power. They never once mentioned anything about lines.
we never see Rayne talk about the possibility of Cell having a summons or not though, we dont know if he knew this or not. This is ignoring the likely fact that Summons just weren't a fleshed out concept yet.
He doesn't need to talk about it. Whole point is Cell war only having 2 lines and Rayne thinking he is on DV level.
Again, very clear that the Visionaries have the power to wield Summons. Unless you're confusing them for Thirds, there's no refuting this.
Send the scans where it states all instead of Vague statement.

I don't know.

I mean, being a triple line (and therefore having the ability to summon) would definitely make you a DV, since your magical capacity would by default be greater than Margaratt who, despite her power, is double line.

But it has already been mentioned that someone like Margarett who is a double line, was at DV level (although she is like top tier in double line)

It was mentioned that Time Stop doesn't work on first class mages (probably triple lines), and Kaldo was caught by a simple time stop.

And there seems to be a huge difference in power between the DV extras and those who follow us more closely.
Yeah I'm also saying the same. There is no need to believe all has Summon without feats or statement

One of the reasons I think we should put the time stop resistance on triple lines.

Since Kaldo, a DV level and probably a double line (since there's nothing about him being a triple line) couldn't resist a simple time stop.

So putting it in triple line I think it would work better, as it would correct this "anti-feat" and put in the metric that first class wizards are triple lines.

Unless someone can argue that Kaldo is a triple line.

This part of Mashle's powers is difficult to put correctly on a power verse page. Since it can vary by number of lines, experience or pure scale of power. So it's a bit complicated to get everything right.

One of the reasons I think we should put the time stop resistance on triple lines.

Since Kaldo, a DV level and probably a double line (since there's nothing about him being a triple line) couldn't resist a simple time stop.

So putting it in triple line I think it would work better, as it would correct this "anti-feat" and put in the metric that first class wizards are triple lines.

This part of Mashle's powers is difficult to put correctly on a power verse page. Since it can vary by number of lines, experience or pure scale of power. So it's a bit complicated to get everything right.
Kaldo has summon so he should be triple liner

I don't know.

Well I don't think Time Stops affecting Kaldo should really amount to anything now that we also see that Orter was also stopped in place, right? He can finally be goated
Walhberg was first generation of DV. If he thought only 3 lines are necessary then he wouldn't have thought Mash would become DV.
You are missing the point that he saw everything in Mash, a beacon of hope in a world where eugenics reign supreme. He puts his hopes on Mash's future because he as a magicless human can change the world with just his fists and determination.
BOS Rayne is already DV. There is no set level for them. Each DV varies.
I said BoS Rayne when really it should be before that since his whole process of becoming Divine Visionary would happen before the events of the story.
Excuse me but do not straw man me, where the **** did I mention Renatus would be above Orter and Ryoh?
Surpassing him or not. All matters is power not lines.
The point being that because those 3 surpass him by a wide margin, Adam doesn't have a baseline. For all we know, he could just be in the country busting department, or High 6-C (unlikely but the possibility is there). Because of that, it negates the point of it being unlikely for people to reach his level.
There was no rule to begin with my point is that statement might have changed after adams 3 disciples succession
Once more, nothing was stated this was the case. What was stated was that in order to be revered as DV, you have to reach Adam's level and/or manifest the power of the gods, while also going through the 3 step program of the tournament.
No? They all took the exam what are you talking about?
While they all did, Mash was the one chosen to become Divine Visionary. However, he ditched the title, seeing that his actions alone were enough to sway the minds of the populace, so he gave the position away to Lance, which was confirmed in the bonus post-series chapter.
I already did if they had summon we would have gotten information on Fanbook just like Orter and Kaldo.
Was there information on Kaldo's page about his summon? Because from what I know, that info was dropped in that QnA blurb. And we got nothing about Orter's summons from my knowledge. No name, no nothing.
It never stated all. In that sentence
It was stated in chapter 112 on that page. I was not referring to the QnA in that instance, sorry if it looked that way, but I was talking about the beginning exposition in chapter 112 in that instance.
Giant feat has nothing to do with what I said. I was talking about Kaldo and Orter talking about Margarette power. They never once mentioned anything about lines.
I know that they weren't talking about lines, don't know why you think I was. This whole discussing is becoming a mess. But what I was saying was that the crux of Margarette's scaling was that the giant feat was treated as nothing by the Visionaries, while at the same time they hyped them up. I don't remember there bring a statement of Margarette being described to be on the level of the Visionaries.
He doesn't need to talk about it. Whole point is Cell war only having 2 lines and Rayne thinking he is on DV level.
It would really help if he would, but we quite literally couldn't get that because it's likely Summons weren't thought up yet, or at least completed in concept.
Send the scans where it states all instead of Vague statement.
Okay so under further investigation, it seems I've been having a brain fart moment. I looked at a translation of QnA 40, but it looks like it only mentioned the top 5 Visionaries in regards to only Thirds??? I've been confusing myself, whoops.

But still, I don't find chapter 112's statement vague in the slightest, but I find that if we were to continue debating, we would only disagree further. So why not have it as like. A possibly or likely tier? Because if someone like Cell War has a Summons, whos directly stated to be a DV level threat, then Visionaries should have them as well.

Yeah, Kaldo is directly confirmed to have a Summons, meaning he's a triple liner. Not only that, but again, Orter was also frozen in the anime.

Well I don't think Time Stops affecting Kaldo should really amount to anything now that we also see that Orter was also stopped in place, right? He can finally be goated

You are missing the point that he saw everything in Mash, a beacon of hope in a world where eugenics reign supreme. He puts his hopes on Mash's future because he as a magicless human can change the world with just his fists and determination.

I said BoS Rayne when really it should be before that since his whole process of becoming Divine Visionary would happen before the events of the story.

Excuse me but do not straw man me, where the **** did I mention Renatus would be above Orter and Ryoh?

The point being that because those 3 surpass him by a wide margin, Adam doesn't have a baseline. For all we know, he could just be in the country busting department, or High 6-C (unlikely but the possibility is there). Because of that, it negates the point of it being unlikely for people to reach his level.

Once more, nothing was stated this was the case. What was stated was that in order to be revered as DV, you have to reach Adam's level and/or manifest the power of the gods, while also going through the 3 step program of the tournament.

While they all did, Mash was the one chosen to become Divine Visionary. However, he ditched the title, seeing that his actions alone were enough to sway the minds of the populace, so he gave the position away to Lance, which was confirmed in the bonus post-series chapter.

Was there information on Kaldo's page about his summon? Because from what I know, that info was dropped in that QnA blurb. And we got nothing about Orter's summons from my knowledge. No name, no nothing.

It was stated in chapter 112 on that page. I was not referring to the QnA in that instance, sorry if it looked that way, but I was talking about the beginning exposition in chapter 112 in that instance.

I know that they weren't talking about lines, don't know why you think I was. This whole discussing is becoming a mess. But what I was saying was that the crux of Margarette's scaling was that the giant feat was treated as nothing by the Visionaries, while at the same time they hyped them up. I don't remember there bring a statement of Margarette being described to be on the level of the Visionaries.

It would really help if he would, but we quite literally couldn't get that because it's likely Summons weren't thought up yet, or at least completed in concept.

Okay so under further investigation, it seems I've been having a brain fart moment. I looked at a translation of QnA 40, but it looks like it only mentioned the top 5 Visionaries in regards to only Thirds??? I've been confusing myself, whoops.

But still, I don't find chapter 112's statement vague in the slightest, but I find that if we were to continue debating, we would only disagree further. So why not have it as like. A possibly or likely tier? Because if someone like Cell War has a Summons, whos directly stated to be a DV level threat, then Visionaries should have them as well.
I guess possibly rating would work for sophia and I forgot the ice visionary name. Agito may get solid or likely rating. His face does indicates he has triple lines.

I guess possibly rating would work for sophia and I forgot the ice visionary name.
Tsurara. Also if you make a profile, you'll have use they/them. Going by the fanbook, they're both a guy and gal, going by the translation I've seen. (Also any news on their ice temperature? Heard it's absolute zero and that their casual passiveness is -3 degrees.)
Agito may get solid or likely rating. His face does indicates he has triple lines.
What do you mean by that? The scars or his wicked sick line markings?

Tsurara. Also if you make a profile, you'll have use they/them. Going by the fanbook, they're both a guy and gal, going by the translation I've seen. (Also any news on their ice temperature? Heard it's absolute zero and that their casual passiveness is -3 degrees.)
I wish someone translate the Q & A.
There was some statement for -3 or -5°. Not sure about AZ.
What do you mean by that? The scars or his wicked sick line markings?
I thought he had 3 lines?

I wish someone translate the Q & A.
There was some statement for -3 or -5°. Not sure about AZ.

I thought he had 3 lines?
It's two, the top line is connected to either one of the two at the bottom. The consistency is just scuffed.

It's like how Innocent Zero looks like he has 4 lines, but the clock hands count as 1.

Orter is a triple liner and he gets time stoped, it has nothing to do with being a triple liner

Agito Profile is here.

Back