• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Let's Talk About Magic"-Part 2: Magic P&A/Potency Revision & Explanation Page

Dang, this was super well-done! I'm not really that knowledgeable on Marvel Comics, but the quality of the thread and sandbox were so good that I easily got a grasp on everything you were talking about.

If I ever get around to making the revisions I've been planning for some other series, I hope that the quality of those threads will hopefully live up to the quality of this thread and TartaChocolate's Final Fantasy revisions.

Last edited:
Having gone over a lot of these before, the additions look good to me.

The additions look fine. Nice work with the research.

Looks alright.

The proposals look fine.
Btw, I know I already gave magic NEP (Nature 2, aspects 1, 2, and 3), but while this thread is open, would it be possible to also give it aspects 4 and 5 of NEP Nature 2 due to the following scans:

[Magic] is the in-between. The fraying edge between reality and unreality. A hidden string secretly linking all things that only the adroit may tug free.

The realm of Lord Chaos/Master Order is made of magic (as it is the "mystical universe", aka the magic half of Earth-616), and that realm is stated to lie between the polarities of actuality and between fact and fiction,[36] being a universe of dualities[37] where all dichotomies blend together and cease to exist.[38]

Would the second group of scans (mainly the stuff regarding the mystic universe being a universe of dualities where all dichotomies blend together and then cease to exist) also qualify for some if not all aspects of NEP Nature 3?

Btw, I know I already gave magic NEP (Nature 2, aspects 1, 2, and 3), but while this thread is open, would it be possible to also give it aspects 4 and 5 of NEP Nature 2 due to the following scans:

[Magic] is the in-between. The fraying edge between reality and unreality. A hidden string secretly linking all things that only the adroit may tug free.

The realm of Lord Chaos/Master Order is made of magic (as it is the "mystical universe", aka the magic half of Earth-616), and that realm is stated to lie between the polarities of actuality and between fact and fiction,[36] being a universe of dualities[37] where all dichotomies blend together and cease to exist.[38]

Would the second group of scans (mainly the stuff regarding the mystic universe being a universe of dualities where all dichotomies blend together and then cease to exist) also qualify for some if not all aspects of NEP Nature 3?

The magic revisions looks ok, plus with the comic panel for the norse stuff it helps solidify plot hax being blatant and it not being vague.

the 1 layer hax is fine given the showings of bypassing basic magic user resistances.

Such a Masterpiece deserves a special place in the dark dimension when Dormammu takes your soul to make you his right hand man.
Well if anyone would be pleased it'd be Dormammu, since (at least on paper) he's one of Marvel's haxxiest sorcerers right now.

1. Has his own stuff from my previous CRT (Low-Godly regen, a bunch of Immortalities, Type 1 Abstract Existence, Low 1-A Chaos Hax).

2. Likely has Hell-Lord hax, as he has been considered a Hell Lord on a few occasions, giving him all the demonic goodies like Power Null, Death Manipulation, Void Manipulation, etc.

3. Faltine Physiology (Types 1 & 4 of Acausality, High 1-B HDE, BDE Type 1, Incorporeality, and a handful of neat resistances) and Faltine Magic (Void Manipulation/Existence Erasure, Power Nullification, Law Manipulation, Death Manipulation, etc.)

4. And of course, Sorcerer Supreme level magic (Layered Basic Magic P&A, even better Fate Hax, Invulnerability and Invulnerability Negation, Time Hax on par with the Infinity Gauntlet, BFR with High 1-B range, Low 1-A absorption/Summoning, and some more nice resistances).

Last edited:
Btw, while I wait for more staff to comment on my NEP proposal above, I want to clarify that I have edited the pages for Doctor Strange, Clea, Umar, Dormammu, and Doctor Doom, and will edit more profiles in a few days after I finish my college finals.
If it's to link the Magic in Marvel page I think other members can help, just need to unlock the profiles

Yeah this looks good.
What about this?

Well if anyone would be pleased it'd be Dormammu, since (at least on paper) he's one of Marvel's haxxiest sorcerers right now.

1. Has his own stuff from my previous CRT (Low-Godly regen, a bunch of Immortalities, Type 1 Abstract Existence, Low 1-A Chaos Hax).

2. Likely has Hell-Lord hax, as he has been considered a Hell Lord on a few occasions, giving him all the demonic goodies like Power Null, Death Manipulation, Void Manipulation, etc.

3. Faltine Physiology (Types 1 & 4 of Acausality, High 1-B HDE, BDE Type 1, Incorporeality, and a handful of neat resistances) and Faltine Magic (Void Manipulation/Existence Erasure, Power Nullification, Law Manipulation, Death Manipulation, etc.)

4. And of course, Sorcerer Supreme level magic (Layered Basic Magic P&A, even better Fate Hax, Invulnerability and Invulnerability Negation, Time Hax on par with the Infinity Gauntlet, BFR with High 1-B range, Low 1-A absorption/Summoning, and some more nice resistances).
Don’t forget he should also have power absorption and all the powers/states of multi-eternity in his high 1a key for absorbing eternity’s very essence

Ooooh, didn't think about that.

I'll probably make a future CRT with that as one of its proposals.
Would another CRT be needed? Eternity's already going to have all types of magic and its resistances, so it's like adding an extra mastery/physiology key, plus he already has nigh-omniscience and omnipresence as justifications on his page

Would another CRT be needed? Eternity's already going to have all types of magic and its resistances, so it's like adding an extra mastery/physiology key, plus he already has nigh-omniscience and omnipresence as justifications on his page
For Dormammu in his 2nd key having all the powers of Multi-Eternity?

I would much rather just make a 2nd CRT for it and other magic stuff in the future.

For Dormammu in his 2nd key having all the powers of Multi-Eternity?

I would much rather just make a 2nd CRT for it and other magic stuff in the future.
The future CRT would be to upgrade magic potency right? If that's the case then addressing it later is fine. Just thought two birds could be killed with one stone after all, he has no powers in that key, despite speed and intelligence stats saying otherwise.

That reminds me of how amazed and amused I was when I found the scan literally supporting Marvel's hax being at least 11D based on M-Theory.

As in M-Theory is flat out stated in the scan and they say that magic is believed to be the source of it.

Most Battleboarders wish they could get stuff that blatant for their own verses.
Okay, uh, stupid question, but doesn't Low 1-A potency put the hax way beyond 11D?

EDIT: To be fair, it just feels right? Comics have always been very crazy with their feats, so things getting this busted feels incredibly fitting.

Okay, uh, stupid question, but doesn't Low 1-A potency put the hax way beyond 11D?
Oh yeah, Sui was just joking.

And I put the 11D scan in the section of "Higher Dimensional Potency of Magic" just as support for magic itself having higher-dimensional potency.
EDIT: To be fair, it just feels right? Comics have always been very crazy with their feats, so things getting this busted feels incredibly fitting.

During a small tournament event called "Contest of Chaos", hosted by Agatha, she lured Moon Knight and Taegukgi into a "Chaos Zone", a location filled with crystal made of Chaos Magic. Said crystal transformed MK and Tae into different forms of themselves, called "What-Ifs" and controlled their minds into fighting. Later on, Moon Knight was able to break free from the control and gave up. This was from Moon Knight 2021 Annual 2.

So Chaos Magic can also have Transformation and Power Bestowal. And MK resistance to basic Chaos Magic?

During a small tournament event called "Contest of Chaos", hosted by Agatha, she lured Moon Knight and Taegukgi into a "Chaos Zone", a location filled with crystal made of Chaos Magic. Said crystal transformed MK and Tae into different forms of themselves, called "What-Ifs" and controlled their minds into fighting. Later on, Moon Knight was able to break free from the control and gave up. This was from Moon Knight 2021 Annual 2.

So Chaos Magic can also have Transformation and Power Bestowal. And MK resistance to basic Chaos Magic?
The Chaos Magic Powers stuff would probably be for a separate CRT, but yeah, them resisting Chaos Magic seems fine.

The additions look fine. Nice work with the research.

Bump

Also I'll save NEP 3 for a future thread if more staff are just unsure on it.

Since radiation has magical properties, one might argue that one above all should possess basic magic usage but, given its TOAA i think its reasonable to assume he would have mastery over all forms of magic and its resistances ?

Doesn’t he transcend multi-eternity who already has such ? I’m not implying he owns magic but it’s clear he can use it. Wouldn’t be far-fetched to assume he has mastery over it.

Since radiation has magical properties, one might argue that one above all should possess basic magic usage but, given its TOAA i think its reasonable to assume he would have mastery over all forms of magic and its resistances ?
The Basic Magic is only for gamma mutates.
You'd need to make sure that The One Above All follows the specific Power Inheritance Standards.
Yeah but since he is the creator of the Marvel Multiverse, there should be an exception since there is no way Strange, Wanda, Doom and the rest can have superior magic level over TOAA.

Like, we can just have on his profile; Sorcerer Supreme Level (As the ostensible Supreme Being of Marvel Comics, being the creator of the whole multiverse and the realms outside of it, responsible for setting in place both existence and the clockwork machinery that keeps it afloat, his knowledge should be superior to the likes of Doctor Strange, Dormammu, Eternity)

Yeah but since he is the creator of the Marvel Multiverse, there should be an exception since there is no way Strange, Wanda, Doom and the rest can have superior magic level over TOAA.

Like, we can just have on his profile; Sorcerer Supreme Level (As the ostensible Supreme Being of Marvel Comics, being the creator of the whole multiverse and the realms outside of it, responsible for setting in place both existence and the clockwork machinery that keeps it afloat, his knowledge should be superior to the likes of Doctor Strange, Dormammu, Eternity)
I agree.

Back