• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

BTW do we count the twilight shroud Zant starts dunking Hyrule in as spatial manipulation or a side effect of the Light Spirits being incapped?

The game refers to it as Hyrule being "transformed" into twilight with guides such as the encyclopedia and historia saying the land is becoming part of the Twilight Realm itself (OMG low multiversal feat guys please ignore that the twilight shroud doesn't even extend to the clouds above Hyrule 🗿 ). This only happens once the Light Spirits get mugged by Zants goons and lose their light powers so I wasn't entirely sure if their protection means that twilight / the twilight realm just naturally overtakes Hyrule without them or if it just means they couldn't stop Zant from slapping twilight shrouds over the country.

np, any time
also it's both, the light spirits prevent the merging by like existing, but once gone, zant is free to work his magic. it's definitely active effort on his/ganon's part, they just get in the way of it

BTW do we count the twilight shroud Zant starts dunking Hyrule in as spatial manipulation or a side effect of the Light Spirits being incapped?

The game refers to it as Hyrule being "transformed" into twilight with guides such as the encyclopedia and historia saying the land is becoming part of the Twilight Realm itself (OMG low multiversal feat guys please ignore that the twilight shroud doesn't even extend to the clouds above Hyrule 🗿 ). This only happens once the Light Spirits get mugged by Zants goons and lose their light powers so I wasn't entirely sure if their protection means that twilight / the twilight realm just naturally overtakes Hyrule without them or if it just means they couldn't stop Zant from slapping twilight shrouds over the country.
Both.

The gamecube didn't have the processing power to showcase it extending further, you have to understand Nintendo is a small indie company
Gamecube def did that shit was like, the wii. There is no punchline, the wii is just gamecube 2.

would still be limited given it only covered regions at a time, like kms max, a dozen to hundred km with l o r e sizes.

Hey speaking of manga Zelda, didn't we have profiles for the Majora's Mask manga where Link, Majora, and an original character were ranked at Low 2-C? Because I remember those profiles ever so vividly, but I can't find them anywhere so I'm assuming they got deleted.

****** up too because Manga Majora has like, 3 low 2-C feats as a dragon, and a 4th supportive feat as a Mask.
yes im doing that one too, itll drop with the MM crt that would be done by now if i didnt keep getting distracted, it's like, almost there anyway, me deciding to do oot too kinda slapped a good 5 months on it

Manga Shade is also just him, and has, surprisingly, way more feats and hax than canon shade because they made him an actually extremely relevant character

So even then, idk what the issue is, like some might not have enough to warrant a profile due to wiki standards, but there's a handful of very notable lads.
Hey speaking of manga Zelda, didn't we have profiles for the Majora's Mask manga where Link, Majora, and an original character were ranked at Low 2-C? Because I remember those profiles ever so vividly, but I can't find them anywhere so I'm assuming they got deleted.
Pretty sure it was that they were being used for canon, not that they ever had a independent profile.

Seriously what is your problem with me? I don’t want people to be like, “Ooh! A new profile! …Oh, it isn’t canon.”
Literally NOBODY but you gives a shit man.

You complain about, quite literally, everything, it isn't canon, so? Im pretty sure that's obvious if the profile is named "Hero's Shade (Akira Himekawa)" or something.

I dont even know why youre complaining, you want Cadence Of Hyrule and Hyrule Warrior profiles, that shit is 1. Noncanon 2. The closest thing to noncanon it can get without directly being noncanon (and even then it might still be).

Anyway Im probably doing manga Shade next now, TOTK can wait a few weeks.

Literally NOBODY but you gives a shit man.

You complain about, quite literally, everything, it isn't canon, so? Im pretty sure that's obvious if the profile is named "Hero's Shade (Akira Himekawa)" or something.

I dont even know why youre complaining, you want Cadence Of Hyrule and Hyrule Warrior profiles, that shit is 1. Noncanon 2. The closest thing to noncanon it can get without directly being noncanon (and even then it might still be).

Anyway Im probably doing manga Shade next now, TOTK can wait a few weeks.
Both of those things are your headcanon that they’re noncanon. In fact the verse itself says Hyrule Warriors is canon.

Seriously what is your problem with me? I don’t want people to be like, “Ooh! A new profile! …Oh, it isn’t canon.”
Who the **** is gonna react like that to a new profile? Who's lining up rubbing their hands waiting for a new Zelda profile specifically and is gonna turn away if it's not canon.

Both of those things are your headcanon that they’re noncanon
Bro you do not get to say shit considering you think two latest mainline games are non canon

Both of those things are your headcanon that they’re noncanon. In fact the verse itself says Hyrule Warriors is canon.
Yeah, by making totally impossible events that absolutely can not take place in accordance with the actual canon?

We went through this before, Midna alone has like a dozen contradictions with her character, what she knows, has experienced, and is aware of within HW, that, based on how she acts, interacts, and what she knows, at no point can it actually fit within canon, and she's just a minor **** up in the grand scheme of things.

The verse itself says it's canon? That's why Skull Kid and Majora literally cant exist within it (the faes being there is what makes it impossible fyi)? Or what about the king of red lions? Maron?Yuga? Man even Ruto has a few fuckys. There's so many "hey this dude is in it, but at a point they literally cant be and they somehow arent aware of things they should be, or, they have had their lore tweaked to fit within the games story" within HW, that to say it's 100% canon is just being ignorant.

At best, it might be a hypothetical what if elseworld esque-story but given it hasnt been mentioned in any timeline or encompassing guide since debut.... idk if even nintendo thinks of it as part of the overall timeline anymore.

And cadence, man idk why ya even think that's canon.

Yeah, by making totally impossible events that absolutely can not take place in accordance with the actual canon?

We went through this before, Midna alone has like a dozen contradictions with her character, what she knows, has experienced, and is aware of within HW, that, based on how she acts, interacts, and what she knows, at no point can it actually fit within canon, and she's just a minor **** up in the grand scheme of things.

The verse itself says it's canon? That's why Skull Kid and Majora literally cant exist within it (the faes being there is what makes it impossible fyi)? Or what about the king of red lions? Maron?Yuga? Man even Ruto has a few fuckys. There's so many "hey this dude is in it, but at a point they literally cant be and they somehow arent aware of things they should be, or, they have had their lore tweaked to fit within the games story" within HW, that to say it's 100% canon is just being ignorant.

At best, it might be a hypothetical what if elseworld esque-story but given it hasnt been mentioned in any timeline or encompassing guide since debut.... idk if even nintendo thinks of it as part of the overall timeline anymore.

And cadence, man idk why ya even think that's canon.
I don’t like to joke about the belief that everyone’s stupid except me, but I honestly don’t know what other explanation there could be.

Yes it can. Cia cursed her to become an Imp again, remember?

Yeah, and why’s that? I really don’t think you’ve kept up with your Hyrule Warriors lore, because they’re there because of the Phantom Ganon. You do… realize they’re not all just there with no explanation, right?

Um… no. It was treated as a parallel dimension to canon from debut to now. In fact you should know that from the CRT you hate so much.

“The manga is basically tertiary canon, bro”
”I can literally see no possibly way Cadence of Hyrule is usable”

I don’t like to joke about the belief that everyone’s stupid except me, but I honestly don’t know what other explanation there could be.
This feels report worthy.
Yes it can. Cia cursed her to become an Imp again, remember?
Yeah, a case of tweaking her backstory to fit within the game, case and point.

If you actually read her dialogue, including in battle text, she makes it pretty blatant that's the first time it's happened, zant has never died before, and just a whole slew of random shit that makes it perfectly clear that, yeah it's Midna, a Midna that contradicts TP. The whole TP arc with her and Zant simply cannot coexist with the actual TP game, she flatout confirms this takes place before the end of TP btw, meaning it aint a repeat episode and Zant was just randomly revived. In HW's canon, Zant usurped, and then Cia did the imp fuckery, not Zant. They took it, repurposed it for HW, and that's that, like idk what ya want me to say, literally what happened.

Even beyond that, given we know her HW arc must take place before TP, why does she act surprised and hide from Agatha in TP? Like she knows her, knows she's a bug freak? Yet she acts like she never even heard of her.

Shit's ****** dude, Midna and Zant prime examples of tweaking to repurpose for HW.

Yeah, and why’s that? I really don’t think you’ve kept up with your Hyrule Warriors lore, because they’re there because of the Phantom Ganon. You do… realize they’re not all just there with no explanation, right?
Yeah, they're there, and yet, it doesnt actually make sense, what part of
hey this dude is in it, but at a point they literally cant be and they somehow arent aware of things they should be, or, they have had their lore tweaked to fit within the games story"
Is hard to grasp? Just because they have an "explanation", doesnt mean that explanation in and of itself doesnt contradict the shit out of the actual games.
The original dudes had an "explanation" too with the merging of timelines and worlds, that doesnt correct the hundreds of contradictions dog.

Um… no. It was treated as a parallel dimension to canon from debut to now. In fact you should know that from the CRT you hate so much.
Hence why it's in such all encompassing canon databooks like the Zelda Encyclopedia, the official website, among others?

And what, hate? Lad, you grossly overestimate how much i care, but that does remind me we didnt end up fixing that.

“The manga is basically tertiary canon, bro”
”I can literally see no possibly way Cadence of Hyrule is usable”
Yes, a manga written with the intent to be canon, has like a interview tied to it explaining its purpose, and is even packed in with Hyrule Historia, is merely secondary canon.
I can see ways Cadence can be canon, im asking you to actually post direct proof stating its canon, such as it being on an official timeline, direct statement from Nintendo its apart of the timeline, or whatever.
Note, it "taking place", in the world of zelda, doesnt mean it it's canon, it's obviously set in a Zelda inspired and derivative world, but, so is a chunk of World of Light, crossovers with Zelda arent new, none of which have ever been actually canon.

Last edited:
This feels report worthy.

Yeah, a case of tweaking her backstory to fit within the game, case and point.

If you actually read her dialogue, including in battle text, she makes it pretty blatant that's the first time it's happened, zant has never died before, and just a whole slew of random shit that makes it perfectly clear that, yeah it's Midna, a Midna that contradicts TP. The whole TP arc with her and Zant simply cannot coexist with the actual TP game, she flatout confirms this takes place before the end of TP btw, meaning it aint a repeat episode and Zant was just randomly revived. In HW's canon, Zant usurped, and then Cia did the imp fuckery, not Zant. They took it, repurposed it for HW, and that's that, like idk what ya want me to say, literally what happened.

Even beyond that, given we know her HW arc must take place before TP, why does she act surprised and hide from Agatha in TP? Like she knows her, knows she's a bug freak? Yet she acts like she never even heard of her.

Shit's ****** dude, Midna and Zant prime examples of tweaking to repurpose for HW.

Yeah, they're there, and yet, it doesnt actually make sense, what part of

Is hard to grasp? Just because they have an "explanation", doesnt mean that explanation in and of itself doesnt contradict the shit out of the actual games.
The original dudes had an "explanation" too with the merging of timelines and worlds, that doesnt correct the hundreds of contradictions dog.

Hence why it's in such all encompassing canon databooks like the Zelda Encyclopedia, the official website, among others?

And what, hate? Lad, you grossly overestimate how much i care, but that does remind me we didnt end up fixing that.

Yes, a manga written with the intent to be canon, has like a interview tied to it explaining its purpose, and is even packed in with Hyrule Historia, is merely secondary canon.
I can see ways Cadence can be canon, im asking you to actually post direct proof stating its canon, such as it being on an official timeline, direct statement from Nintendo its apart of the timeline, or whatever.
Note, it "taking place", in the world of zelda, doesnt mean it it's canon, it's obviously set in a Zelda inspired and derivative world, but, so is a chunk of World of Light, crossovers with Zelda arent new, none of which have ever been actually canon.
I mean, I kind of see Tylo's point tbh. Determining what is "canon" in the expansive universe of The Legend of Zelda franchise can be as intricate as navigating the Lost Woods. With its multiple timelines, alternate realities, and spin-off titles, the series has continually challenged fans to discern what fits into the official narrative. While some may argue that games like "Tears of the Kingdom" and "Breath of the Wild" belong in the canon, others may contend that titles such as "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors" hold a more legitimate place in the Zelda lore. In this essay, we will explore the elements that contribute to the canonicity of these games and why "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors" might have stronger claims to being part of the Zelda canon.

To begin with, let's delve into what makes a game "canon" in the context of The Legend of Zelda. Canon typically refers to the official storyline and events recognized by the creators of the series, Nintendo and its affiliates. These are the narratives, characters, and worlds that directly contribute to the overarching lore of Hyrule and its surrounding realms. Factors such as consistency with established lore, involvement of key developers, and acknowledgment from Nintendo can all play a role in determining canonicity.

"Tears of the Kingdom" and "Breath of the Wild" both present narratives that diverge from the traditional Zelda formula in significant ways. "Tears of the Kingdom," as an unofficial fan-made game, lacks the endorsement of Nintendo and is not recognized as part of the official Zelda continuity. While it may offer an intriguing story and gameplay experience, its status as non-canon is clear due to its unofficial nature.

On the other hand, "Breath of the Wild" is an official installment developed and released by Nintendo. However, its placement within the Zelda timeline has sparked considerable debate among fans. The game's placement at the end of one of the timelines and its departure from many established Zelda conventions have led some to question its canonical status. Additionally, the game introduces significant changes to Hyrule's lore and geography, further complicating its integration into the existing timeline. Despite its official status, "Breath of the Wild" occupies a somewhat ambiguous position within the canon.

In contrast, "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors" offer a more straightforward case for inclusion in the Zelda canon. While both games feature unconventional gameplay mechanics and crossover elements from other franchises, they are officially licensed by Nintendo and developed in collaboration with the company. "Cadence of Hyrule" blends the rhythm-based gameplay of "Crypt of the NecroDancer" with Zelda's iconic characters and music, resulting in a unique but officially endorsed experience. Similarly, "Hyrule Warriors" takes the hack-and-slash action of the "Dynasty Warriors" series and infuses it with Zelda's mythology and characters.

Despite their unconventional gameplay styles, both "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors" remain faithful to the core elements of the Zelda franchise. They feature familiar characters, locations, and themes that align with the established lore of Hyrule. Additionally, both games have received support from Nintendo in the form of updates, DLC, and promotional materials, further solidifying their place within the official canon.

In conclusion, while the concept of canon in The Legend of Zelda franchise can be nebulous at times, certain criteria can help determine which games are officially recognized as part of the series' lore. While titles like "Tears of the Kingdom" and "Breath of the Wild" may offer compelling experiences, their status as non-canon or ambiguous within the timeline undermines their legitimacy within the overarching narrative. "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors," on the other hand, possess the endorsement of Nintendo and adhere more closely to the established lore of the series, making them stronger contenders for inclusion in the Zelda canon. Ultimately, it is the combination of official endorsement, consistency with established lore, and recognition from the fanbase that solidifies a game's place within the rich tapestry of Hyrule's history.

"Tears of the Kingdom," as an unofficial fan-made game, lacks the endorsement of Nintendo and is not recognized as part of the official Zelda continuity. While it may offer an intriguing story and gameplay experience, its status as non-canon is clear due to its unofficial nature.
I nearly spit out my drink I dunno why this was so funny to me lmao

I mean, I kind of see Tylo's point tbh. Determining what is "canon" in the expansive universe of The Legend of Zelda franchise can be as intricate as navigating the Lost Woods. With its multiple timelines, alternate realities, and spin-off titles, the series has continually challenged fans to discern what fits into the official narrative. While some may argue that games like "Tears of the Kingdom" and "Breath of the Wild" belong in the canon, others may contend that titles such as "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors" hold a more legitimate place in the Zelda lore. In this essay, we will explore the elements that contribute to the canonicity of these games and why "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors" might have stronger claims to being part of the Zelda canon.

To begin with, let's delve into what makes a game "canon" in the context of The Legend of Zelda. Canon typically refers to the official storyline and events recognized by the creators of the series, Nintendo and its affiliates. These are the narratives, characters, and worlds that directly contribute to the overarching lore of Hyrule and its surrounding realms. Factors such as consistency with established lore, involvement of key developers, and acknowledgment from Nintendo can all play a role in determining canonicity.

"Tears of the Kingdom" and "Breath of the Wild" both present narratives that diverge from the traditional Zelda formula in significant ways. "Tears of the Kingdom," as an unofficial fan-made game, lacks the endorsement of Nintendo and is not recognized as part of the official Zelda continuity. While it may offer an intriguing story and gameplay experience, its status as non-canon is clear due to its unofficial nature.

On the other hand, "Breath of the Wild" is an official installment developed and released by Nintendo. However, its placement within the Zelda timeline has sparked considerable debate among fans. The game's placement at the end of one of the timelines and its departure from many established Zelda conventions have led some to question its canonical status. Additionally, the game introduces significant changes to Hyrule's lore and geography, further complicating its integration into the existing timeline. Despite its official status, "Breath of the Wild" occupies a somewhat ambiguous position within the canon.

In contrast, "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors" offer a more straightforward case for inclusion in the Zelda canon. While both games feature unconventional gameplay mechanics and crossover elements from other franchises, they are officially licensed by Nintendo and developed in collaboration with the company. "Cadence of Hyrule" blends the rhythm-based gameplay of "Crypt of the NecroDancer" with Zelda's iconic characters and music, resulting in a unique but officially endorsed experience. Similarly, "Hyrule Warriors" takes the hack-and-slash action of the "Dynasty Warriors" series and infuses it with Zelda's mythology and characters.

Despite their unconventional gameplay styles, both "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors" remain faithful to the core elements of the Zelda franchise. They feature familiar characters, locations, and themes that align with the established lore of Hyrule. Additionally, both games have received support from Nintendo in the form of updates, DLC, and promotional materials, further solidifying their place within the official canon.

In conclusion, while the concept of canon in The Legend of Zelda franchise can be nebulous at times, certain criteria can help determine which games are officially recognized as part of the series' lore. While titles like "Tears of the Kingdom" and "Breath of the Wild" may offer compelling experiences, their status as non-canon or ambiguous within the timeline undermines their legitimacy within the overarching narrative. "Cadence of Hyrule" and "Hyrule Warriors," on the other hand, possess the endorsement of Nintendo and adhere more closely to the established lore of the series, making them stronger contenders for inclusion in the Zelda canon. Ultimately, it is the combination of official endorsement, consistency with established lore, and recognition from the fanbase that solidifies a game's place within the rich tapestry of Hyrule's history.
This is true. I have shamed us with my belligerent headcanon.

As such, I shall subject myself to Vaati's sex dungeon for 3 fortnights as punishment and pray that this serves as atonement to my needlessly foolish and simpleminded view.

what the gpt

ChatGPT ass comment

Anyone got a clip or something of Zant's helmet preventing Link from being flash freezed in BOTW and/or TOTK?

Lent my switch to my lil' cousin since she really likes princess peach and wants to play the new showtime game so can't record it myself, and I can't find footage of it when searching (Every attempt is just someone showing how to get it instead of what it does).

Anyone got a clip or something of Zant's helmet preventing Link from being flash freezed in BOTW and/or TOTK?

Lent my switch to my lil' cousin since she really likes princess peach and wants to play the new showtime game so can't record it myself, and I can't find footage of it when searching (Every attempt is just someone showing how to get it instead of what it does).
Ill go grab it ig

Nearly done with my Zant rework I've been doing on and off for the last week, probs will be able to make a CRT in a few hours if I decide not to be lazy and add the finishing touches like gifs for his notable techniques and putting in an actual summary beyond "This is Zant from Twilight Princess"
Looking pretty sharp. Zant has a lot of abilities, lol.

Say, a minor thing, but maybe put Zant's picture in the center and his quote below the picture? That way it wouldn't stretch so much before the profile.

Back