• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ichigo Kurosaki Vs Kai Smith
Starting Distance: 10m
Both In Character
Equalized Speed
•Dragons Rising Kai
• Horn Of Salvation Ichigo

Ichig doesn't have anything for 2-C except range, although Kai has nothing to interact with Ichigo. This is either a stomp in Kai's favor or a mismatch due to Kai having no Soul Manipulation

Kai can harm ghosts
Elaborate
Soul Crush/Reiatsu Crush is a pressure exerted by either a Shinigami or Hollow. This force can bring about fear, paralysis and also crush a person's soul to death. It also has it's physical influence that can be used to force a person to the ground. If a person gain a level of transcendence, they even erase Soul or objects like what Sosuke Aizen did here.

He also doesn't resist paralysis inducement or fear manipulation, so he's not gonna do anything since even if he doesn't get soul crushed (which he will) he'll be paralyzed and ******** his pants. Once again, Soul Crush claims another W in being a nuisance in making matchups.

Last edited:
Interacting with ghosts =/= soul manip. Some ghosts are incorporeal beings or just non-physical beings, and Ninjago ghosts are the latter. Kai only has NPI and in order to hurt souls from Bleach you need soul manipulation. Kai also has no resistance to said hax too, so he will get his soul destroyed
He has resistance to Soul Hax, its part of his Standart Elemental Master abilities/resistances

Resistance to

He has resistance to Soul Hax, its part of his Standart Elemental Master abilities/resistances
Possible soul resistance. Plus he has no resistance to paralysis nor fear manip, so he'll just stand there doing nothing. Besides, he has no soul manip of his own, so he can't interact with Ichigo at all, you need both NPI and soul manipulation to interact with Bleach souls.

So.... Kai has barely any wincons at all. Standing next to Ichigo will leave him completely paralyzed and in fear. However, Ichigo can't hurt Kai because he has no duraneg hax, and judging by the OP's choice in matchup, Kai has his soul resistance. Kai's chance is hurting Ichigo in any way, but he can't interact with him anyway.

As for Ichigo, although he can't hurt him, he can simply win via incapacitating Kai with Reiatsu Crush for 24 hours since he has been able to fight for 3 months with no rest, so he will without a doubt be able to keep Kai stunned long enough to count as a victory.

So I vote Ichigo (if it's not a stomp) also, this matchup sucks.

Does soul crush scales above bleach characters AP.
General Q.
If they don't resist any of its effects. Even someone who has 2-C durability can get soul haxxed if they can't resist.

For example (not 4-A) Rukia can soul crush someone like (4-A) Saitama because he can't resist soul crush's effects. This also applies with other hax such as conceptual manipulation.

Possible soul resistance. Plus he has no resistance to paralysis nor fear manip, so he'll just stand there doing nothing. Besides, he has no soul manip of his own, so he can't interact with Ichigo at all, you need both NPI and soul manipulation to interact with Bleach souls.
Possible is enough unless it's restricted by the thread.
And as far as I'm aware the wiki doesn't distinguish the difference between souls incorporeality and ghosts or whatever. Ghosts in general are usually souls either way. Also interacting with incorporeal souls doesn't even grant soul manipulation in general.

As for this
As for Ichigo, although he can't hurt him, he can simply win via incapacitating Kai with Reiatsu Crush for 24 hours since he has been able to fight for 3 months with no rest, so he will without a doubt be able to keep Kai stunned long enough to count as a victory.
Does Ichigo have any fear manip feats or scaling that would indicate his fear manipulation is potent enough to completely paralyze Kai for 24 hours straight? Because I frankly don't remember Ichigo freezing a single person with reiatsu fear inducement. Not even people far inferior to Ichigo like Aizen

Possible is enough unless it's restricted by the thread.
And as far as I'm aware the wiki doesn't distinguish the difference between souls incorporeality and ghosts or whatever. Ghosts in general are usually souls either way. Also interacting with incorporeal souls doesn't even grant soul manipulation in general.
I addressed that the OP would choose to have this, otherwise it is a stomp.
As for this

Does Ichigo have any fear manip feats or scaling that would indicate his fear manipulation is potent enough to completely paralyze Kai for 24 hours straight? Because I frankly don't remember Ichigo freezing a single person with reiatsu fear inducement. Not even people far inferior to Ichigo like Aizen
It's a baseline Reiatsu Crush effect. The only special reiatsu crush is Zaraki who has illusion creation and madness manip. Everyone else has fear and paralysis if they have a Shinigami or Hollow physiology. Plus, he was able to fight for 3 months straight, standing still for 24 hours is a pretty simple wincon considering the shit he's been through.

I addressed that the OP would choose to have this, otherwise it is a stomp.
You mean choose to not restrict it? Yeah they clearly didn't.
It's a baseline Reiatsu Crush effect. The only special reiatsu crush is Zaraki who has illusion creation and madness manip. Everyone else has fear and paralysis if they have a Shinigami or Hollow physiology.
I'm not asking if Ichigo has it I'm asking for feats showing how potent it is. His fear manip could be as potent as playing an average game of FNAF and it could be so potent it kills everyone around him.

You mean choose to not restrict it? Yeah they clearly didn't.
That's what I meant.
I'm not asking if Ichigo has it I'm asking for feats showing how potent it is. His fear manip could be as potent as playing an average game of FNAF and it could be so potent it kills everyone around him.
He massively upscales from this:

Reminder that she resists baseline effects from being a soul, and also is a higher tiered soul than Ganju and Hanatoro who survived Kenpachi's aura.

He massively upscales from this:

How does he "upscale" from that? Can you show me a confirmed tie between the strength and feat potency of reiatsu?

And the scan says he "did it by looking into her eyes". In other words, it's not a passive function of his reiatsu and needs to be activated. Which again, Ichigo has never done against an opponent so even if he somehow did upscale, he wouldn't do this in character. Certainly not before Kai one taps him with the enormous AP difference.

So it isn't a passive ability? Then Kai can just Speed Amp himself with Spinjtzu (a blitz level amp) and one tap
It is if you're Fourth Fusion Aizen. He walked past a dude and EE'd him. Besides, he would not have time to amp because Reiatsu Flexing is basically thought based. It is also accepted as passive, so there's that.

It is if you're Fourth Fusion Aizen. He walked past a dude and EE'd him. Besides, he would not have time to amp because Reiatsu Flexing is basically thought based. It is also accepted as passive, so there's that.
That doesn't answer what we asked/said.
The fear inducement in the scene you showed isn't passive and is consciously activated via eye contact.

It's also something Ichigo has no reason to scale to and never uses in character. In other words, Ichigo has no win cons 💀

That doesn't answer what we asked/said.
The fear inducement in the scene you showed isn't passive and is consciously activated via eye contact.

It's also something Ichigo has no reason to scale to and never uses in character. In other words, Ichigo has no win cons 💀
So Kai could either Spinjitzu + GGs or even RDT + GGs which is a stronger varient of Spinjitzu which allows him to fly

How does he "upscale" from that? Can you show me a confirmed tie between the strength and feat potency of reiatsu?
This Ichigo is billions of times stronger than Yamamoto. Potency of abilities in Bleach scale to Reiatsu, as Tokinda can't use Kyoka Suigetsu on someone vastly stronger than him, as well as his Ryujin Jakka being vastly weaker than Yamamoto's. This also applies to Reiatsu Crush.
And the scan says he "did it by looking into her eyes". In other words, it's not a passive function of his reiatsu and needs to be activated. Which again, Ichigo has never done against an opponent so even if he somehow did upscale, he wouldn't do this in character. Certainly not before Kai one taps him with the enormous AP difference

06.jpg
Ichigo's reiatsu is emitted passively when he enters a fight.
Yes he does. He enters the fight and his reiatsu overwhelms Kai. Then he sits there for a couple of hours and ggs.

Last edited:
If you wanted to make this absolutely horrible matchup fair, you could also give Ichigo prior knowledge of Kai's massive strength difference. Although with my points I still believe Ichigo takes this mid diff.

This Ichigo is billions of times stronger than Yamamoto. Potency of abilities in Bleach scale to Reiatsu, as Tokinda can't use Kyoka Suigetsu on someone vastly stronger than him, as well as his Ryujin Jakka being vastly weaker than Yamamoto's. This also applies to Reiatsu Crush.
That doesn't mean that fear inducement scales 1:1 with power as that could easily be a skill. Especially seeing how it's consciously activated.
Ichigo's reiatsu is emitted passively when he enters a fight.
But the fear inducement wasn't caused by just passive reiatsu leaking out od Yama, it was consciously activated when he looked into her eyes.
So Ichigo would have to look her in the eyes and consciously activate an ability he never uses in character.
Yes he does. He enters the fight and his reiatsu overwhelms Kai. Then he sits there for a couple of hours and ggs.
His reiatsu won't even be felt through the literal infinite AP gap. Fear hax need to be activated and would be out of character.

It's true that this is a bad match up but not because Ichigo has some insane passive fear hax.

And the scan says he "did it by looking into her eyes". In other words, it's not a passive function of his reiatsu and needs to be activated. Which again, Ichigo has never done against an opponent so even if he somehow did upscale, he wouldn't do this in character. Certainly not before Kai one taps him with the enormous AP difference.
It never stated they need to look into the eyes. Aizen just fear haxes Grimmjow without even looking into the eyes. This is your headcanon.

That doesn't mean that fear inducement scales 1:1 with power as that could easily be a skill. Especially seeing how it's consciously activated.

But the fear inducement wasn't caused by just passive reiatsu leaking out od Yama, it was consciously activated when he looked into her eyes.
So Ichigo would have to look her in the eyes and consciously activate an ability he never uses in character.
Nope. Fear Manipulation of Reiatsu is activated by looking into a person's eyes. Kenpachi, Aizen are examples. It comes with along with every properties of Reiatsu.
His reiatsu won't even be felt through the literal infinite AP gap. Fear hax need to be activated and would be out of character.

It's true that this is a bad match up but not because Ichigo has some insane passive fear hax.
He got interdimensional to universal range

It never stated they need to look into the eyes. Aizen just fear haxes Grimmjow without even looking into the eyes. This is your headcanon.
He literally sent a scan showing Yama inducing fear "just by looking her in the eyes". Using that as a basis for Ichigos fear manip just means it's not passive. If there's something else then feel free to show me, but the Yama argument is just invalid here.
Nope. Fear Manipulation of Reiatsu is activated by looking into a person's eyes. Kenpachi, Aizen are examples. It comes with along with every properties of Reiatsu.
So again, it's not passive and not in character for Ichigo to do.
He got interdimensional to universal range
So?

He literally sent a scan showing Yama inducing fear "just by looking her in the eyes". Using that as a basis for Ichigos fear manip just means it's not passive. If there's something else then feel free to show me, but the Yama argument is just invalid here.
Where it was stated this in the scan?

Edit: forget it I found it. It's been a long I read bleach. But Aizen feat is Solid. Idk the exact chapter number.

So again, it's not passive and not in character for Ichigo to do.
So it's not in character for ichigo to use his own own Reiatsu?

Back