• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

would Beerus and Champa get 5D if the Neutral zone got an extra temporal dimension?
No, because affecting two space-time doesn’t imply affecting the additional dimension that makes them exist in parallel, which in this case is the neutral zone that encompasses the 12 universes. In other words, destroying 2 universes is insignificant for the neutral zone since it will continue to exist.

I dont see how this makes them 5D tbh
i think what Hasty is saying that if the Neutral zone is accepted to have its own temporal dimension and it is an insignificant 5D realm that should kinda make it a full fledged low 1-C realm unless you can explain how a 4D temporal axis can service a 5D realm.

i think what Hasty is saying that if the Neutral zone is accepted to have its own temporal dimension and it is an insignificant 5D realm that should kinda make it a full fledged low 1-C realm unless you can explain how a 4D temporal axis can service a 5D realm.
It is already accepted that the neutral zone is 5D insignificant, it was just missing evidence, but now that it is there it is smooth.

mYgo6di.jpeg

I notice the Time Stop being referred to as Time Skip got ignored in thread…
it didn't, it just wasn't referred as such, i literally answered you and explained it why that was the case, so since the thread had reached grace, i just decided to apply it, we talk on my wall if you want to continue arguing about it

it didn't, it just wasn't referred as such, i literally answered you and explained it why that was the case, so since the thread had reached grace, i just decided to apply it, we talk on my wall if you want to continue arguing about it
And I pointed out this objectively wasn’t the case. When Hit freezes Goku in Time (where we literally see him frozen in time) to avoid the KKx10 KHH Punch, he calls it Time Skip.

And I pointed out this objectively wasn’t the case. When Hit freezes Goku in Time (where we literally see him frozen in time) to avoid the KKx10 KHH Punch, he calls it Time Skip.
Well, visually it looks like a freeze (since Goku is trapped in that glass-like thing), but when explaining what Hit did he only says that he extended the Time Skip, so...

and as i explained, that situation has other explanations that do not involve it being time stop, which would be supported by Vados saying that it isn't time stop

That’s what I mean. He very clearly stops Goku in Time, and calls that Time Skip. Though, on Aniwave he just says “increased.”
considering that Time Skip during the entirety of that fight was very clearly not time stop, and the only thing hit says changes when he improves his time skip is the length of it.....it suddenly gaining time stop abilities do not make much sense

again, if you want to discuss this further, go to my wall please, i don't to flood the general discussion thread

and as i explained, that situation has other explanations that do not involve it being time stop, which would be supported by Vados saying that it isn't time stop

considering that Time Skip during the entirety of that fight was very clearly not time stop, and the only thing hit says changes when he improves his time skip is the length of it.....it suddenly gaining time stop abilities do not make much sense

again, if you want to discuss this further, go to my wall please, i don't to flood the general discussion thread
When Vados explains, he is talking about how time skip allowed him to create his hit dimension with Time skip, and why Goku can't touch hit at that moment.

Even the same Toei page indicates that the hit time skip stops time

I mean, I wouldn’t consider it flooding. Especially since, given our lack of new material, we’ve had the same arguments happening in this channel back to back, which caused the thread.

But also, we all agree that the Time Stop affect is red, right? When he uses Time Stop against the Mob Boss? That was your argument for them being separate abilities, after all.

When Vados explains, he is talking about how time skip allowed him to create his hit dimension with Time skip, and why Goku can't touch hit at that moment.
Vados says that Hit can store the time he skips to create another dimension, not that the di

Even the same Toei page indicates that the hit time skip stops time
which is contradicted by Vados saying otherwise and the very principle which Goku used to counter the Time Skip the first time arround

I mean, I wouldn’t consider it flooding. Especially since, given our lack of new material, we’ve had the same arguments happening in this channel back to back, which caused the thread.
ok, i guess we can here then when will we hit 1200 pages?

But also, we all agree that the Time Stop affect is red, right? When he uses Time Stop against the Mob Boss? That was your argument for them being separate abilities, after all.
it was a minor argument entertaining your argument about he "visual flair" never a main argument of why it wasn't the time skip

even hit doesn't use time stop with Goku again in their rematch why, he knows it won't work with Goku and he accepts it himself
Hit doesn't use the Time Stop, that's true, however we do not know why, the only thing he specifies he isn't for a reason using is Time Skip, which Vados says doesn't stop time, any assumption on why he didn't use Time Stop is only that, an assumption, which we have no evidence to say why

Vados says that Hit can store the time he skips to create another dimension, not that the di
It doesn't change that it uses time skip for that.

which is contradicted by Vados saying otherwise and the very principle which Goku used to counter the Time Skip the first time arround
Even the hit itself says that it stops time.

2 statements about one, and on top of that when in the Vados scene he is only explaining how Goku can't play a hit

it suddenly gaining time stop abilities do not make much sense
Hit literally froze Jiren in time.

The effects of the normal Time-Skip technique and the effects of the sub-application that Hit [apparently] suspended Goku and the mob boss's henchmen in time with, even producing a differently colored visual, are evidently different.

When Hit uses Time-Skip, he, as its name suggests, leaps through time—he travels. When Hit [apparently] froze Goku in time, only Goku was affected, as if only he was affected by Hit's time abilities.

The effects of the normal Time-Skip technique and the effects of the sub-application that Hit [apparently] suspended Goku and the mob boss's henchmen in time with, even producing a differently colored visual, are evidently different.
I bring this up because the second time Goku is stopped in time, when Hit does his dozens of hits on him, he declares “My Time Skip has improved so much you can’t keep anymore!” And the effects are now the Red from “Time Stop” he uses on the Henchmen, instead of Green-Blue (which we see him using earlier in the Assassination episode to bypass security).

So it’s by his own volition an application of Time Skip, is visually a time stop, and matches visually with his later time stop (which he himself states it is.)

Point being, you consider this minute visual difference signifying how it is Time Stop rather than Time Skip, right?
if extrapolating on your "visual flair" point exclusively, which i don't believe really matter much as it is just Hit's powers visual motif as nothing more on my eyes, btw if your point is going to be that at the end of the fight the time skip seemed red, know that the Kaioken made everything have a red color scheme to it

It doesn't change that it uses time skip for that.
as a support by skiping time to store sure, not to create the dimension itself tho, altho not sure how would this matter for it being said to not stop time

Even the hit itself says that it stops time.
he......he doesn't tho, he never says that the Time Skip stops time

2 statements about one, and on top of that when in the Vados scene he is only explaining how Goku can't play a hit
Which she explains by saying how Time Skip doesn't stop time, but skips it, which allows Hit to store said skipped time to use in other manners, which.....doesn't affects the statement itself

with the Time Cage, which isn't the Time Skip, what i said is that during the entire first fight, Hit only ever mentions his improvement as being to better the length of his Time Skip, so it gaining a new ability out of nowhere would make no sense, him having other abilities that can stop time later on are not really a point against the argument

well, the mod boss' situation is never called "time skip" so we can't use that, and the Goku part, if it is the last clash of the U6 fight, i explained why it doesn't need to be Time Stop there giving the similarity with another situation earlier in the same fight

When Hit uses Time-Skip, he, as its name suggests, leaps through time—he travels. When Hit [apparently] froze Goku in time, only Goku was affected, as if only he was affected by Hit's time abilities.
can you show the scene you are talking about? we might be thinking of different scenes here

if extrapolating on your "visual flair" point exclusively, which i don't believe really matter much as it is just Hit's powers visual motif as nothing more on my eyes, btw if your point is going to be that at the end of the fight the time skip seemed red, know that the Kaioken made everything have a red color scheme to it
No? When he caught KK Goku the first time and froze him, it was all blue green. It only became red at the end of the fight, where Hit declares his Time Skip has evolved even further.
with the Time Cage, which isn't the Time Skip, what i said is that during the entire first fight, Hit only ever mentions his improvement as being to better the length of his Time Skip, so it gaining a new ability out of nowhere would make no sense, him having other abilities that can stop time later on are not really a point against the argument
Time Cage is literally just him applying Time Skip in an inverse way via the Time Accumulated by Time Skip. There’s not a fanciful difference, there.
well, the mod boss' situation is never called "time skip" so we can't use that, and the Goku part, if it is the last clash of the U6 fight, i explained why it doesn't need to be Time Stop there giving the similarity with another situation earlier in the same fight
You’re giving Vados waaaay too much weight, statement wise, in my opinion. Because we blatantly see her contradicted.

No? When he caught KK Goku the first time and froze him, it was all blue green. It only became red at the end of the fight, where Hit declares his Time Skip has evolved even further.
which as i said, i never used visual color as a main argument for when he is or isn't using time stop vs time skip, i was just entertaining the idea, also you are ignoring the main point, why would the Time Skip suddenly gain a new ability like this when during the entire fight the only thing he says his improvement is doing is making the length which that he can skip longer, why would it suddenly gain a new Time Stop trait, and more, why would no one comment on it as he gains it? more over, if you want to argue that it was always a part of it....why didn't he used earlier? why doesn't he make a differentiation about both applications when he supposedly uses the other one?

a better argument would be that he simply grew to be so fast and strong that he can just blitz Goku like that, since we do know that his powers also raises alongside his Time Skip length

Time Cage is literally just him applying Time Skip in an inverse way via the Time Accumulated by Time Skip. There’s not a fanciful difference, there.
So he is doing the oposite of the Time Skip? he isn't making Jiren go to the past so that would be weird, also please scans for this?

You’re giving Vados waaaay too much weight, statement wise, in my opinion. Because we blatantly see her contradicted.
we don't tho? also, the statement covers the Time Stop possibility, saying how it is a misconception in verse, if the entire point is her being wrong and that the Time Skip does stop time........then how Goku's solution to it the first time around work? and how to explain him clearly moving during Time Skip even before using the kaioken to go "beyond" it?

also you are saying that the Time Skip can stop time if Hit wants it to, but you never provide a statement that cites this specification, you only say it does, but as we can see in the first fight with Goku, if this different methods were meant to exist for different effects, why doesn't anyone, not even Hit himself, point out when said different effects are apparently used? If Hit could really stop time instead of just Time Traveling with this Time Skip, why did he insist on using the application that wasn't working on Goku instead of just switching to the other one?

which as i said, i never used visual color as a main argument for when he is or isn't using time stop vs time skip, i was just entertaining the idea, also you are ignoring the main point, why would the Time Skip suddenly gain a new ability like this when during the entire fight the only thing he says his improvement is doing is making the length which that he can skip longer, why would it suddenly gain a new Time Stop trait, and more, why would no one comment on it as he gains it? more over, if you want to argue that it was always a part of it....why didn't he used earlier? why doesn't he make a differentiation about both applications when he supposedly uses the other one?
1) Unless you’re trying to say no other Time Related ability is part of Time Skip, Hit’s ability to improve Time Skip resulted in other applications. Such as Time Cage, or the Tides of Time. So it’s not at all weird or confusing. You’re just asserting it is.

2) I never argued it was always part of Time Skip.
a better argument would be that he simply grew to be so fast and strong that he can just blitz Goku like that, since we do know that his powers also raises alongside his Time Skip length
No, they explicitly didn’t. As stated by Hit and Piccolo, his power did not increase at all. He gives a whole speech on this. He is ONLY improving Time Skip. And improving his technique results in what we see.
So he is doing the oposite of the Time Skip? he isn't making Jiren go to the past so that would be weird, also please scans for this?
No, I mean targeting wise. Instead of applying Time Skip in such a way where only he is capable of movement, making him appear faster, he did the reverse—Selectively targeting his opponent, and making them slower, thus to the opponent everyone looks faster than they are.
we don't tho? also, the statement covers the Time Stop possibility, saying how it is a misconception in verse, if the entire point is her being wrong and that the Time Skip does stop time........then how Goku's solution to it the first time around work? and how to explain him clearly moving during Time Skip even before using the kaioken to go "beyond" it?
The statement doesn’t. When I pointed out he explicitly stopped time, you just said Vados clearly wasn’t talking about that power, and claimed it was a totally different, unrelated ability. Despite the fact that this would make no sense narratively. Secondly, I’m claiming Time Stop is a sub application of Time Skip. (Hence why it’s always referred to under that name.) Also, Goku’s solution to Time Skip still totally works, I don’t get your point there.
also you are saying that the Time Skip can stop time if Hit wants it to, but you never provide a statement that cites this specification, you only say it does, but as we can see in the first fight with Goku, if this different methods were meant to exist for different effects, why doesn't anyone, not even Hit himself, point out when said different effects are apparently used? If Hit could really stop time instead of just Time Traveling with this Time Skip, why did he insist on using the application that wasn't working on Goku instead of just switching to the other one?
He literally stops time. We see him do it. He says it. Your counter to this is that they’re two separate, unrelated powers, but this was never established and makes no sense. Furthermore, why would anyone comment on it? To everyone else, he’s always been Stopping Time. This is what Jaco, the Galactic King, the Pride Trooper, etc. all view the technique as. Only Vados claims differently, and even then this is in direct contradiction to the prior episode, where he quite literally claims to stop time. And even if we took her word above others, given he literally also stops time, it just means he can do both.

1) Unless you’re trying to say no other Time Related ability is part of Time Skip, Hit’s ability to improve Time Skip resulted in other applications. Such as Time Cage, or the Tides of Time. So it’s not at all weird or confusing. You’re just asserting it is.

No, they explicitly didn’t. As stated by Hit and Piccolo, his power did not increase at all. He gives a whole speech on this. He is ONLY improving Time Skip. And improving his technique results in what we see.

No, I mean targeting wise. Instead of applying Time Skip in such a way where only he is capable of movement, making him appear faster, he did the reverse—Selectively targeting his opponent, and making them slower, thus to the opponent everyone looks faster than they are.

The statement doesn’t. When I pointed out he explicitly stopped time, you just said Vados clearly wasn’t talking about that power, and claimed it was a totally different, unrelated ability. Despite the fact that this would make no sense narratively. Secondly, I’m claiming Time Stop is a sub application of Time Skip. (Hence why it’s always referred to under that name.) Also, Goku’s solution to Time Skip still totally works, I don’t get your point there.

He literally stops time. We see him do it. He says it. Your counter to this is that they’re two separate, unrelated powers, but this was never established and makes no sense. Furthermore, why would anyone comment on it? To everyone else, he’s always been Stopping Time. This is what Jaco, the Galactic King, the Pride Trooper, etc. all view the technique as. Only Vados claims differently, and even then this is in direct contradiction to the prior episode, where he quite literally claims to stop time. And even if we took her word above others, given he literally also stops time, it just means he can do both.
exactly, but well it seems that this is basically difficult to understand for some.

第6宇宙の伝説の殺し屋。第7宇宙との格闘試合では、時間を止める技「時とばし」で悟空を窮地に追い込んだ。

Translation:

"A legendary assassin from Universe 6. In a martial arts fight with Universe 7, he pushed Goku into a corner with his "Time Skip" technique, which stops time"

Toei source

A technique where the user stops time for about a tenth of a second and unleashes high-speed attacks in the meantime

Dragon Ball's own website stating

Anime mentioned that Hit stops time, is said by the owner of the ability.

Reaffirmed again in the tournament of power

And yes, the Hit time stop, people have to understand that Hit doesn't just have a time-based ability, but rather several skills about time.

Back